Independence of the Seas- multiple questions !

VacayVik

Greetings fellow cruisers!!

My boyfriend and I have just recently booked the Indy for Jan.16-22, stopping in Cozumel and Belize. We are both in our late 20's. This is his 2nd cruise, but I have been on a few! That being said, I have a few random questions for everyone:

1) most importantly- is there a sport bar? My boyfriend is an avid Patriots fan and it will be awfully close to the super bowl then!

2) MTD- is it hard to get a table for two? Or do y'all suggest we switch to traditional dining and request a two top?

3) Ports- we have been to Cozumel and we're not super impressed. We were thinking of doing the tequila excursion offered, but it's $75 a person! Anyone find any other options with this? Belize- we both have never been there... Any suggestions ?

4) sounds silly, but is Lox offered in the Windjammer for breakfast? They used to have it on Allure and Oasis, but I did not see it on Enchantment when I went in February

5) Chops- we would love to splurge one night and go there! Any suggestions for the 5 night cruise? We don't want to miss out on a great main dining room night

6) Spa specials- I recall sometimes they do spa specials once the ship leaves. Does anyone recall the deals for this

7) drink coupons- I've been seeing a few posts about purchasing drink booklets... Is this true for Indy as well?

8) midnight buffet- in Nassau they had a sail away party with midnight Buffett that was awesome and tons of fun. Anything similar to this on Indy?

I think that's it as of now! Thanks y'all in advance for helping us out!! It is much appreciated ! :o

Edited by VacayVik

Here's my little bit of help...

My boyfriend and I have just recently booked the Indy for Jan.16-22, stopping in Cozumel and Belize. We are both in our late 20's. This is his 2nd cruise, but I have been on a few! That being said, I have a few random questions for everyone:

1) most importantly- is there a sport bar? My boyfriend is an avid Patriots fan and it will be awfully close to the super bowl then! There's not a dedicated sports bar no, but they do show whatever football games they receive on Sunday's in the On Air Lounge on their multiple TV's

2) MTD- is it hard to get a table for two? Or do y'all suggest we switch to traditional dining and request a two top? Call up and request one. My wife and I have done it for 2 cruises past and had no problem whatsover.

3) Ports- we have been to Cozumel and we're not super impressed. We were thinking of doing the tequila excursion offered, but it's $75 a person! Anyone find any other options with this? Rent a vehicle and drive around the island. It's basically a big loop. Alternately we have done a min speedboat excursion, as well as an XRail which were both some of the most exciting fun times we've had! Belize- we both have never been there... Any suggestions ? Cave Tubing is nice and not super strenuous. The river is pretty calm. I don't think there were any real rapids.

4) sounds silly, but is Lox offered in the Windjammer for breakfast? They used to have it on Allure and Oasis, but I did not see it on Enchantment when I went in February. Blech, don't know the answer to this...haha.

5) Chops- we would love to splurge one night and go there! Any suggestions for the 5 night cruise? We don't want to miss out on a great main dining room night. Honestly Giovanni's Table is the better experience now. They have steak and seafood on their menu. but that's just my opinion.

6) Spa specials- I recall sometimes they do spa specials once the ship leaves. Does anyone recall the deals for this. Not specifically, but port days are where the deals will rear their heads.

7) drink coupons- I've been seeing a few posts about purchasing drink booklets... Is this true for Indy as well? Your C+A account will give you some coupons for B1G1, and others. But as far as purchasing coupons? I don't know how that would work? They are electronic, and tied to each person's account.

8) midnight buffet- in Nassau they had a sail away party with midnight Buffett that was awesome and tons of fun. Anything similar to this on Indy? Not the tiem I was on, but that was an 8 night. Could be changed for the shorter cruise.

I think that's it as of now! Thanks y'all in advance for helping us out!! It is much appreciated ! :o

Your boyfriend has excellent taste with football teams. He will be able to see the Pats especially if it playoffs. Tell him to bring a Pats shirt to represent. You will see this on Sunday's! Also they usually will show a game at the pool. Great place to watch with a big crowd.

Lox is available at WJ

Have never had a problem getting a table of two

Cozumel- we will be there in 2 weeks, doing the Cozumel Bar Hop tour. Private tour just google and you will find it and excellent reviews. $50 per person.

We plan a specialty restaurant on any night that's not formal night

Thanks everyone! Glad to hear we won't be missing the Pats game!! Question in regards to the Cozumel bar hop- what is the company name that does it? Are all of the drinks included?

That sounds awesome!!

Also very happy to hear there are Lox :) it's the little things in life... Haha!

Just google COZUMEL BAR HOP TOUR. I believe that's the name of the co. You do get a "shot" at each stop but it's only a small sampler of a drink. It's nice because it goes to the other side of the island. The places they stop at is suppose to have amazing food/drinks not included in price. Tripadvisor has it as 5 stars with great reviews

1) most importantly- is there a sport bar? My boyfriend is an avid Patriots fan and it will be awfully close to the super bowl then!

Just got off the Indy two weeks ago. They played games on the big screen poolside on Sunday, Sunday Night, & Monday Night. Also, what is being played on the big screens is what you can watch in your room & also at 'On Air', which they call a sports bar. But one can't just dial up certain games etc. By your cruise date, the playoff games will be aired though.

2) MTD- is it hard to get a table for two? Or do y'all suggest we switch to traditional dining and request a two top?

A table for two will be no issue. In fact, it'll be easier than a table for 4, 6 or 8

3) Ports- we have been to Cozumel and we're not super impressed. We were thinking of doing the tequila excursion offered, but it's $75 a person! Anyone find any other options with this? Belize- we both have never been there... Any suggestions ?

I'm not sure if this is the Salsa & Margaitas, but if so, we did this and it was pretty fun, & we learned a bit too! Haven't been to Belize yet though, that's coming in Feb.

4) sounds silly, but is Lox offered in the Windjammer for breakfast? They used to have it on Allure and Oasis, but I did not see it on Enchantment when I went in February

Not sure, can't help you here.

5) Chops- we would love to splurge one night and go there! Any suggestions for the 5 night cruise? We don't want to miss out on a great main dining room night

Chops or Giovanni's Table is offered. I enjoyed Giovanni's Table more.

6) Spa specials- I recall sometimes they do spa specials once the ship leaves. Does anyone recall the deals for this

Yes they do offer specials. I think this will be offered on board as well as on line

7) drink coupons- I've been seeing a few posts about purchasing drink booklets... Is this true for Indy as well?

No drink coupons unless you are of a Diamond or above status. RCL offers drink packages.

8) midnight buffet- in Nassau they had a sail away party with midnight Buffett that was awesome and tons of fun. Anything similar to this on Indy?

RCL offered a poolside spread one night, when we left San Juan

Answers in bold! Enjoy the cruise!

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin

A nice all-inclusive resort for the day is Nachi Cocum. I've heard a lot of great things about the Bar Hop and would totally be in if I didn't have a kiddo with us.

I've seen that name popping up.... have you ever been there? How's the pool? The BF isn't a huge beach fan, but we have been dying to go to a resort with a swim up bar! haha....Also, food / drinks good?

I've seen that name popping up.... have you ever been there? How's the pool? The BF isn't a huge beach fan, but we have been dying to go to a resort with a swim up bar! haha....Also, food / drinks good?

Very nice pool, with a swim up bar.

where are theses drink coupons mentioned...... in C&A online or are they given to you on the ship ?

They are electronically added to your onboard account. You will get a letter in your stateroom with details.

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely loved Nachi Cocum! Only 100 people allowed at the beach a day, so you need to make reservations early. I think it was only $55 a person and that includes lunch (great menu), all the drinks you want (try the Dirty Monkey!) lounge chair and umbrella and pool. Someone is always coming to your chair to take your order for drinks. There are also water sports you can do for extra charge. We went snorkeling, it was really fun. If you just want a relaxing day at the beach, you can't beat Nachi!

We did Mr Sancho's. AI...excellent service, drinks and food! It was $55 per person and we sure got our $55 worth of fun.

Thanks! Has anyone tried the dolphin encounter through the cruise line?? The $89 one that is not fully submerged in water?

We did the Cozumel Bar Hop in August. It was a Blast! Coconuts is the best place to get lunch (2nd stop).

I am not getting the accolades for Nachi. We went there a couple years ago, there were maybe a dozen people there that day. The service was good but it seemed a bit run down and the drinks were very weak. A nice quiet day to relax and be left alone but I am not sure about going back there.

To each his own. We are going back to Cozumel in three weeks and I thing we are going to try out Mr Sanchos this trip.

Have a great cruise!!

JoeRum.

I'm JoeRum's other half and I would agree. Didn't live Nachi. It wasn't terrible but it was boring and the drinks left me with heartburn. Bar Hop was awesome in August! So much fun and really cool to see the uninhabited side of the island. We're checking out Mr. Sancho's because we're looking at doing a vow renewal in 2018 and I've read good things about their weddings. Call it a research mission. :D

We did the Cozumel Bar Hop in August. It was a Blast! Coconuts is the best place to get lunch (2nd stop).

I am not getting the accolades for Nachi. We went there a couple years ago, there were maybe a dozen people there that day. The service was good but it seemed a bit run down and the drinks were very weak. A nice quiet day to relax and be left alone but I am not sure about going back there.

To each his own. We are going back to Cozumel in three weeks and I thing we are going to try out Mr Sanchos this trip.

Have a great cruise!!

JoeRum.

Be a FOHO like me! ;)

... I am not getting the accolades for Nachi. We went there a couple years ago, there were maybe a dozen people there that day. The service was good but it seemed a bit run down and the drinks were very weak. A nice quiet day to relax and be left alone but I am not sure about going back there...

Maybe we have lucked out, but we've been to Nachi 3 or 4 times, most recently with a group of 52 people this past March, and had no complaints at all. Drinks, service, food, and facilities were excellent.