One specialty dining choice.. help me pick!

emilyreid09

I will be on the Getaway on the 29th (so soon!) and I have $50 OBC. I was wondering if all of you experts can help me out with a specialty dining choice.

First of all, does my OBC work for a specialty restaurant?

If so, would you recommend La Cucina or Le Bistro? This cruise will be my boyfriend and my first trip together and we really like Italian and French food so I don’t know which to pick.

Does anyone have links to menus for these, or if you have any good or bad experiences to share about either I would love to know! More information the better :)

Thanks in advance!

I will be on the Getaway on the 29th (so soon!) and I have $50 OBC. I was wondering if all of you experts can help me out with a specialty dining choice.

First of all, does my OBC work for a specialty restaurant?

If so, would you recommend La Cucina or Le Bistro? This cruise will be my boyfriend and my first trip together and we really like Italian and French food so I don’t know which to pick.

Does anyone have links to menus for these, or if you have any good or bad experiences to share about either I would love to know! More information the better :)

Thanks in advance!

Your OBC will get your more dining bang for the buck if you use it to buy a three night SDP package when you board the ship. I think the cost is $59. You could then dine in 3 restaurants rather than only 2.

Le Bistro is arguably the best of the speciality restaurants on NCL ships.

Whilst I personally have enjoyed most of my meals at La Cucina, it regularly gets the worst reviews by others. Going on comments from many others, along with my overall experience, it is by some way the worst of the speciality restaurants.

Go for Le Bistro.

If price is no worry, Le Bistro is far-and-away the better choice. There are some truly wonderful dishes on the menu and the odds are it will be one of your most memorable meals of the year, whereas the most you can hope for from La Cucina is "It was better than Olive Garden."

Personal Recommendation: four-mushroom soup for starter, escargots for an appetizer, whatever meat you want for your main course, and the chocolate napoleon for dessert. I love crème brulee, and theirs is good, but the chocolate napoleon may have been the best dessert I've ever eaten.