how do people keep in touch with others on the ship these days?

bcsurvivor05

Simple, make plans to meet each morning for breakfast at a certain time and place. Discuss your plans for the day and establish a meeting place for later that day for all to come together again (ie: right before dinner for drinks etc. or right after dinner). Life does not need to be hard and for years this is how people have done it :rolleyes:.

You are on vacation, stay flexible and keep it simple!.

Post-its on the cabin doors! We put our phones in the safe when we board, and have a week of peace and quiet!:D Making plans the night before or at breakfast works, also, but post-its work best for us.

Edited by pe4all

Simple, make plans to meet each morning for breakfast at a certain time and place. Discuss your plans for the day and establish a meeting place for later that day for all to come together again (ie: right before dinner for drinks etc. or right after dinner). Life does not need to be hard and for years this is how people have done it :rolleyes:.

this is the way we do it also!:) the old fashion way!:)

we are traveling with a large party and it would be nice to be able to know where everyone is or where to meet etc. how do you keep up with everyone? is there an app that people use ( not the hub app as it is not on the shop we are sailing yet)

On our last cruise, we were part of a very large group. We made arrangements ahead of time to meet by the Atrium bar at a specific time, to discuss plans. It also helped that we had a Meet & Greet on the first evening of our cruise. We may not have learned everyone's names, but at least we knew what each other looked like, and could pass along information whenever we'd see each other on the ship.

When I sail with "my group", we always just pick a spot on Lido, and another spot in the buffet area where we'll be, if we're eating, or relaxing. Worked very well, and we always found each other. Also, pick a smaller ship, instead of one of the REALLY BIG ones where you're lucky to run into each other. :D

"SKY"

This is how we do it too!! We have a specific spot we go to every morning. When people start waking up they know where to find us. Then throughout the day - everyone usually has different plans - we just walk around until we find them! It's not hard! Then we meet up with everyone again at dinner! Easy Peasy!

Our phones go into the safe as well!! I'm not dealing with those things while on vacation!

Voice communication is a lost art, and panic arises once a person finds out they will loose their ability to use a cell phone! It's not the end of the world. Watch some old movies like the "love boat" and learn how it was done in the old days.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

This is how we do it too!! We have a specific spot we go to every morning. When people start waking up they know where to find us. Then throughout the day - everyone usually has different plans - we just walk around until we find them! It's not hard! Then we meet up with everyone again at dinner! Easy Peasy!

Our phones go into the safe as well!! I'm not dealing with those things while on vacation!

Us too!

Large group we just plan on meeting at our assigned table at dinner time. Within the family we leave notes or arrange before we separate.

Most will wear a watch, there are clocks 'hidden' throughout the ship. The few times we do have our phones with us, we use a pic of our S&S card as wall paper and lock screen. In case it gets lost, easier to find its way back.

Edited by SadieN

The same way we did it before cell phones. We told each other where we would be and set up meeting places.

This summer 9 of us with various levels of cruise experienced all cruised together. Many people had different interests so we set up a few excursions together but often members of the group split off. We had a set dining time so we all knew we would get together then. After dinner we would set a time and place for breakfast and everyone did their on thing for the rest of the evening. It also helped to have a row of balcony cabins with the dividers open. We would often meet outside to talk about what we were doing next.

I don't need instant access to people when I'm on vacation. Good old planning and conversation works fine.

Our last cruise was on the Breeze. We used the Carnival Hub app. It worked really well for staying in contact with each other.

Just got off the Sunshine, they now have this ap available and since it is in the beta test stage on the Sunshine the $5 chat feature was waved. It worked great, would highly recommend it for anyone sailing on the Breeze and Sunshine. Hopefully they will add this to other ships soon.

we are traveling with a large party and it would be nice to be able to know where everyone is or where to meet etc. how do you keep up with everyone? is there an app that people use ( not the hub app as it is not on the shop we are sailing yet)

I've seen cabin doors with sticky notes on them. I'll be at ******, if I'm not there then I'll be at ******. We've taken our walkie talkies but they get cumbersome and easy to lose. Since it's just me and DH, we're not that hard to lose each other.

We always met up for dinner in the dining room and we would talk about where we would be or what we would be doing for that night or the next day. We really didn't need to keep up with anyone because it was..."it's your vacation and do as you want." It worked out fine for all of us....the old fashioned way.

Post-its on the cabin doors! We put our phones in the safe when we board, and have a week of peace and quiet!:D Making plans the night before or at breakfast works, also, but post-its work best for us.

This is what we do also. (Sticky Notes on doors and locking phones in safe.) We also slip notes under each other's cabin doors.

TALK to each other!!! Tell your group your plans...listen to their plans...and you will know where to look to find your group! You can leave messages on the cabin phones, too....

It's really not hard to find each other...despite the huge appearance of the ship, most of it is cabin space, and you only need be concerned with YOUR own hallway! You'll also find that everyone will start to gravitate to the same places over and over.....

Us too!

Large group we just plan on meeting at our assigned table at dinner time. Within the family we leave notes or arrange before we separate.

Most will wear a watch, there are clocks 'hidden' throughout the ship. The few times we do have our phones with us, we use a pic of our S&S card as wall paper and lock screen. In case it gets lost, easier to find its way back.

Great idea SadieN! I have lost my phone on a cruise and didn't think I would get it back. This would help a lot. I will use this on all future cruises.