Live from Summit

Lois R

Hello...I normally don't do live from's anymore but thought I would give a

bit of information...I am having a great time:) ship looks fine to me...weather is lovely....my food has been good...excursions good too...actually went to 3

shows....all good:) (in my opinion).

I am doing a cooking class in Normandie today....(we are in Antigua). May check in later in the week....

Hope all of you are playing nice;)

Edited by Lois R

....from a cold, wet and windy England!

So glad your cruise is going well. We cruised Summet in the Southern Caribbean a couple of years ago and loved it.

Could you let me know how your cooking class goes and the cost please? Our next cruise on the Solstice has several sea days so I may look at booking one in Murano's.

As you lie in the sun with your cocktail please toast all in wintery places wishing we were there!

Hello...I normally don't do live from's anymore but thought I would give a

bit of information...I am having a great time:) ship looks fine to me...weather is lovely....my food has been good...excursions good too...actually went to 3

shows....all good:) (in my opinion).

I am doing a cooking class in Normandie today....(we are in Antigua). May check in later in the week....

Hope all of you are playing nice;)

Can't wait for our BTB on Dec. 5th. It's been booked FOREVER! Today is cold and 3 inches of rain are expected here in Athens, Ga.

Enjoy the sun for us!!

Norma and Tom

Chemmo - did the cooking class last week on the Summit. It was $70 per person. We made a deconstructed crab cake with guacamole, smoked salmon and crab topped with red and black cavier. A sauteed sea bass and a grand marnier souffle for dessert. We ate it all for lunch with wine included. Abdul the head chef from Normandie and his sous chef assisted. It was great.

Well, they cancelled the cooking class:(...due to lack of participation.

I ended up walking around and ran into 2 of my tablemates and we took a tour of the Island with another couple. Had a nice time but really wanted to do the class and didn't find out they cancelled it till this morning:rolleyes:

Hi Lois,

Glad you are enjoying the Summit. We took her to Bermuda a few years ago and had a great time. Bummer, you didn't get to do the cooking class. Somehow though I can't envision you cooking. Sail On.

Grace and Rudy

Chemmo - did the cooking class last week on the Summit. It was $70 per person. We made a deconstructed crab cake with guacamole, smoked salmon and crab topped with red and black cavier. A sauteed sea bass and a grand marnier souffle for dessert. We ate it all for lunch with wine included. Abdul the head chef from Normandie and his sous chef assisted. It was great.

Which day?

Hi Lois,

Sorry your cooking class was cancelled. Glad it didn't stop you enjoying the day.

Magyfagen, thanks for your answer, it sounds like you had a good time doing the cooking. I think I will have a go myself on our next cruise. Serving up a Grand Marnier Soufflé at home would add a touch of class to my usual frozen deserts!

Keep enjoying yourself, Lois, and report back when you can so that those of us in the cold and wet can remember what cruising is like!

Hi Lois:

Sorry that they cancelled the cooking class. I did it on the Century once, and it was one of my favourite on-board activities that I have ever done. It was exceptionally well-executed. We learned a lot, and received the Celebrity cookbook as well. I don't think they advertise the class well enough.

Hope the rest of your cruise is great...sorry I didn't get to say "Bon Voyage" before you left.

Hi Lois,

Glad you are enjoying the Summit. We took her to Bermuda a few years ago and had a great time. Bummer, you didn't get to do the cooking class. Somehow though I can't envision you cooking. Sail On.

Grace and Rudy

Hi Grace.....not sure how I should take that.:rolleyes:...I have lived on my own for many years and although I am not a Chef....I have taken many culinary excursions and attended events of it...there are times I very much enjoy cooking and so not sure what you envisioned. Do I cook all the time? No...but on cruises when offered, I love trying different foods and cooking them.....I went on an excursion in St Lucia and it is called "COOKING LIKE A LUCIAN".....it was FANTASTIC and I would recommend it as a 5 star excursion:)......Mother and Son who are native to St Lucia....9 of us from the ship so quite a small group. Wonderful food and they were terrific hosts.

Edited by Lois R

Hi everyone....things are going well:)....St Martin today.....6 ships in port:eek:

I have a friend who was on Navigator and we met for lunch...ate at a place in Marigot call La Davine.....very good food and french pastries:D

Tomorrow is St Thomas....no plans at all.

Entertainment....Karen Grainger performed last night. I saw her a long time ago and she is very good.

Tonight there is a comedian named Steve Smith.

Last night they had a Motown Show (really good) and earlier in the week

another comedian named Dean Gaines (also good). I think I have seen more

shows on this cruise than my last 1/2 dozen cruises all together.

Barbados I did Silver Moon.:)

Anyway, hope all of you are playing nice.;)

We're doing Silver Moon in Barbados week after next! Was it as good as I hear it is? I'm not a fan of snorkeling, but I love the idea of just being in the beautiful Caribbean water on a cat. Now just crossing our fingers for good weather!

Enjoy St. Thomas tomorrow!

Entertainment....Karen Grainger performed last night. I saw her a long time ago and she is very good.

Karen is very good. The first time we saw her, she was cruise director and entertainer on Paul Gauguin. :)

We're doing Silver Moon in Barbados week after next! Was it as good as I hear it is? I'm not a fan of snorkeling, but I love the idea of just being in the beautiful Caribbean water on a cat. Now just crossing our fingers for good weather!

Enjoy St. Thomas tomorrow!

I did not snorkel either...but it was a fantastic day:D....they serve a wonderful lunch too....hope you have fun:)