the voice of the ocean

joe grumble

Cedric, the final singer, won it hands down. But it was mostly awful karaoke. Coaches don't do anything except pick from 8 finalists for their "team" and then pick just one from whoever each one ends up with so there are three finalists for the audience to vote on.

Unless ship is blessed with some actual vocalists, it's a waste of time.

I have nothing against karaoke, it feels good to sing no matter if you are good or not so good. But, I believe Princess is going down the wrong path when they have talent contests between passengers AND try to pass it off as entertainment.

Yes, that was what was behind my remark. They came up with this, but it's really just spiffed up karaoke.

The format makes no sense. There are 8 contestants and 3 judges who turn around even if the person is terrible. Then they pick the final 3 and you have to vote the winner by the first song only. Coaches do nothing but pick one as a "finalist".

Why wouldnt the final 3 sing another song? I didn't get it.

We have not experienced Voices of the Ocean yet, but have been at the finals for the Princess Pop Star (karaoke) contests. The contestants there had won previous evening's tryouts.

Usually every finalist deserved to be there and some each time were outstanding.

The winner was decided by audience vote with one vote per group so that friends at one table could not "stuff" the ballot box. However enought friends at enough tables could make the difference.

The format makes no sense. There are 8 contestants and 3 judges who turn around even if the person is terrible. Then they pick the final 3 and you have to vote the winner by the first song only. Coaches do nothing but pick one as a "finalist".

Why wouldnt the final 3 sing another song? I didn't get it.

That's the way it was allowed by the person who has the copyright to the original show. When Princess wanted to do something similar they did it his way or nothing else.

And yes it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Hi All

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/activities/the-voice-of-the-ocean/?utm_source=princess.com/voice&utm_medium=print&utm_content=the-voice-of-the-ocean&utm_campaign=brand

Well do not like the show on TV, do not watch it, sure will not be watching or taking part on board,

in fact its the sort of foolishness by Princess executives, to get passengers to entertain themselves and save money idea, that makes me now look at other cruise lines.

yours Shogun

Hi All

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/activities/the-voice-of-the-ocean/?utm_source=princess.com/voice&utm_medium=print&utm_content=the-voice-of-the-ocean&utm_campaign=brand

Well do not like the show on TV, do not watch it, sure will not be watching or taking part on board,

in fact its the sort of foolishness by Princess executives, to get passengers to entertain themselves and save money idea, that makes me now look at other cruise lines.

yours Shogun

This seems to be a replacement for Princess Pop Star which was really just Karaoke which has been on Princess ships as long as I can remember. So I do not think this passenger activity has replaced any previous Princess entertainment.

But you are correct in that a number of other passenger activities have replaced period of time that used to have entertainment.

Just as bad was on a recent cruise is that ballroom dance music was not by a live band, but recorded music in the aft lounge.

Hi caribill

I think on Emerald we had the following, my view is this is low value entertainment

Pop choir

Karaoke

Crewshow

Red Carpet show

Bocce Ball play

Magic meeting fellow passenger

Knitters unhosted

Dollar bill origami

Accordian class

egg drop

plus other stuff

I did not attend any,