New Carnival Website Layout

ATL_Miami_Cruiser

Can someone post a screen shot or two of the new layout? I'm really interested in seeing why it's so bad.

The complaining reminds me of Facebook 5-8 years ago when the design was constantly being changed and the news feed was filled with displeasure until the next update of how could they change how great the last platform was and so on and so on.

Go back to what was there. This new approach makes it almost impossible to look for cruises in an expedited manner. Way to many pictures and cutsie stuff that add nothing to the process of deciding what cruises you may be interested in. Tons more real estate that you have to scroll through to find answers. Just a real miss. Do not know who ordered this or approved it, but the need to be fired and the old stuff brought back. NOT, Not, NOT and improvement.

It doesn't seem like a big deal or change to me..but then again I'm running Chrome on Vista Home Basic OS so I'm just happy to get ANYTHING useful and usable. Are you folks using "advanced search" on the CCL home page?

I've always used that and it gives me what I want...but then again I'm retired and have time to fritter away doing research on our next cruise(s).

Sometimes I start out by using the CC "Find a Cruise" option on the CC home page and use "Departure port", "Popular ports","Cruise Line" and "From Date...To Date" filters for openers and then go the actual cruise line website for more info.

I guess there's always more than one way to cook a turkey..

It doesn't seem like a big deal or change to me..but then again I'm running Chrome on Vista Home Basic OS so I'm just happy to get ANYTHING useful and usable. Are you folks using "advanced search" on the CCL home page?

I've always used that and it gives me what I want...but then again I'm retired and have time to fritter away doing research on our next cruise(s).

Sometimes I start out by using the CC "Find a Cruise" option on the CC home page and use "Departure port", "Popular ports","Cruise Line" and "From Date...To Date" filters for openers and then go the actual cruise line website for more info.

I guess there's always more than one way to cook a turkey..

Agreed. Sometimes I just use a popular TA site that always advertises on TV and when I find something I like I then go to that cruise lines site to look into it more. There's better search options and filters doing it that way. Also it shows the options for every line opposed to just one.

This may be easy for the younger generation but at my age I like the KISS approach (keep it simple stupid). I have tried several times to search for a future cruise and have given up. May end up having to use one of the "other" sites for cruise info. I bet there has been a increase of calls at CCL.

HATER

Kind of reminds me of your windows 8 desktop, which is fine for your "favorites" but not for a search. I noticed in the last couple weeks, this new layout has come up in the different browsers, probably while they were testing to get it up and running.

Same here. Find it much more difficult to search and/or compare cruises. Looks colorful, but the old format was definitely easier and less time consuming to use.

I cleared my browser and it went back to the old search way on the website. If that is what it takes, will continue to clear browser every time I go to Carnival.

Hoping they toss this new layout. It reminds me of Pinterest. Seems like a lot of websites are trying the "Pinterest" look, which I hate.

I cleared my browser and it went back to the old search way on the website. If that is what it takes, will continue to clear browser every time I go to Carnival.

Hoping they toss this new layout. It reminds me of Pinterest. Seems like a lot of websites are trying the "Pinterest" look, which I hate.

I also cleared my browser on Chrome this morning and it went back to the old version. We will see what happens.

I'm not real happy with new layout either. Not sure why Carnival felt the need to change some things on their home page. Unfortunately, we're stuck with it. At least, until Carnival hires someone else that wants to have a go at redesigning the web page. I'm guessing whoever is in charge of that department never heard the expression "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". :rolleyes:

I agree. I found the old interface to be much easier to navigate.

Noticed this last week and after exploring for a bit decided the same as most of you Not a an!! Just not as user friendly and finding dates just isn't as simple.

Somebody new must have gotten hired and tried to "Enhance" the site. :(

I stopped going to Carnival's website on my laptop and desktop. I HATE their new website. Who ever came up with this website needs to find another job in Carnival. The way they had it before was probably the best ever. My iPad still has the old version.

So, when I'm on my laptop or desk top I go to that online agency that also shows other cruise lines that leave from the port I'm considering. Good job Carnival, thanks for giving me a reason to look at other lines.

Their new website is too picture oriented. I'm looking to book a cruise not watch a picture show. Even with a high speed internet, it's just too much extra garbage to weed through. I now use one of the cruise websites to look at future cruises, the ones that show all the cruise lines.

Carnival changed their website layout today from the easy to use calendar/list layout to a picture/blocks layout with limited filters on the top. I can't seem to find anything and had to call my PVP just to look for a simple date/month combination.

Is it just me or is anyone else not able to search with accuracy? This is a very frustrating experience.

I agree. I don't like the new layout. So difficult to find dates.