Thoughts on Sabor

Did Sabor twice on Allure last week. The first time had the sampler platter which was good, but -lots- of food--enough for two people. Decided that the best part was really the tacos, so the second time we just got a taco plate each ($5 each) and got extra tortillas and it was still a lot of food, but much more manageable. And I'm 6'3" and not really a light eater, either....

If you are really hungry and haven't eaten all day, do the sampler. Otherwise just get a taco plate. It comes with your choice of meat, tortillas, garnishes, salsa, and chips and is enough to actually build about 5 tacos if you ask for extra tortillas.

This restaurant is new to me - is it a flat fee, like Chops, or is there a menu with per-item prices - like a land restaurant?

Depends on the ship. On the Oasis class ships, it's a'la carte (although there's a tasting menu option that essentially makes it a flat fee because you get the guacamole, an appetizer, a taco or quesadilla, an entree, and dessert included). On the other ships that have it, it's simply a flat fee.

Sounds pretty enjoyable so far! Considering it on Navigator.

I have been surprised at all the positive remarks about Sabor. We tried it on Navigator and the only thing I liked was the margaritas and also the guacamole made fresh at the table.

Sounds pretty enjoyable so far! Considering it on Navigator.
I ate dinner there for the first time on Navigator last week. I loved it. They have a guac cart and make fresh guacamole right at your table on a cart and will make it as spicy as you request. Lots of very good margaritas to choose from. We thought the foods and deserts were delicious. If you go there, don't eat all day... bring an appetite.

I LOVED IT! I had the cheese quesadilla, my husband had pulled pork whatever. We had the table side guac and I had them bring crushed jalapenos for me. I had the acai margarita by mistake, it was good. Then whatever the traditional was, it was also okay. Then the jalapeno and cucumber margarita. They could leave off the cucumber if you ask me, and I had them add extra jalapeno and they did. Got a side of habaneros also. Great food for a great value as we also had he premium drink package and changed to many beers later as it was a football Sunday. I would not pay a fix prixe however. Thought

there was great value in the a la carte,

When we sailed on the Navigator we tried Sabor for dinner and again for lunch we liked it so much. We had the sangria carafe with dinner and two grand margaritas each with lunch. Probably the earliest in the day we've been that giggly. Am planning to return when we sail on the Adventure after her refurbishment.

Dave

Edited by SnorkelBoy
grammer

Those who've dined at Sabor, how did you like the food? How was your experience?

We ate there on Freedom this past May. Loved it. We love Mexican food, and everything was fresh and well prepared. Excellent service. We went back for lunch and loved it again.:cool:

I have been surprised at all the positive remarks about Sabor. We tried it on Navigator and the only thing I liked was the margaritas and also the guacamole made fresh at the table.

I absolutely agree! Maybe we're spoiled with all the great Mexican food we can get here in Chicago, but my husband and I were a little under-whelmed with the food at Sabor on Freedom of the Seas. My margarita was good, the guac made at the table was good, but the food for us was just okay.

We were on the Allure earlier this month and went to Sabor for the 1st time. We loved it - the food was excellent and plentiful. We would definitely split something next time. They were out of avocados when we went (last night) so we didn't get to try the fresh guacamole but will definitely plan to go back earlier in the cruise next sailing.

We made a reservation but it was not crowded when we went.