Looking for Interior stateroom suggestions.

patreke

Hi

In an effort to save money and maybe have enough to cruise twice next year, I am considering booking an interior on the Navigator for its transatlantic next May.

Any suggestions on what to avoid or look for? Forward or aft?

I am looking at K or L class staterooms, as they are the ones currently with special pricing.

Thanks

Hi

In an effort to save money and maybe have enough to cruise twice next year, I am considering booking an interior on the Navigator for its transatlantic next May.

Any suggestions on what to avoid or look for? Forward or aft?

I am looking at K or L class staterooms, as they are the ones currently with special pricing.

Thanks

I prefer mid ship and have found lower levels give a smoother ride. Also, mid location means your room is closer all activities. I don't like endless long hallways to get to either end.

Mostly use insides try to find a cabin midships close to the lifts either on 8 or 9 deck, cabins on 10 deck after you can sometimes hear the noise from the Windjammer. Most of the insides are about the same size it is the location the decides on the stateroom cat K, L, M, N, are normal on 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10 deck where Cat are normally on 2 deck. Check the deck plan and work from that.

We have lot of experience of inside cabins on Voyager and Freedom class;)

Our preference are the interior/middle corridors forward and aft on deck 7. There is less foot traffic as the only people going through those corridors are the guests who live there and room stewards. You don't have to negotiate countless room steward work carts and there are only cabin doors on one side. We choose deck 7 first to have cabins above and below but have not had any issues with either deck 6 or 8. As an example we stayed in 8121 and 6445

We will be with you on the Navigator TA but have splurged on a balcony this time:)

N.B. avoid any white space. The one on deck 8 is a breakfast room service galley. I would not stay in the first two cabins from it but from 8121 towards 8111 is fine.

Edited by heatherb1958

N.B. avoid any white space. The one on deck 8 is a breakfast room service galley. I would not stay in the first two cabins from it but from 8121 towards 8111 is fine.

This.

While having a cabin adjoining two other cabins could lead to noisy neighbours, you're almost guaranteed noise if there's no cabin beside you - most of those spaces are working areas of one kind or another where activity can start early and/or finish late.

On the Allure T/A in April (on its way to dry dock), I had an "end" inside cabin, and it turned out the space next to me was being turned into what is now cabin 8679, and the noise was horrendous. While that was particularly unlucky, I now avoid any cabin with a blank beside in the deck plans.

We have limited experience with inside cabins however, have never had a problem with them. One cabin was on a lower deck midship another cabin was on a higher deck midship. We found no difference with ship movement between the two cabins.

The rooms will be quite dark, so you may want to bring a nightlight. Also consider a wake up call or setting an alarm as we found it difficult to wake up in that cozy dark cabin.

Regarding the connecting cabin, we had an OV connecting cabin on our last cruise. We were concerned that we would have noise, but never heard a thing from the folks next-door. What we liked the best was rather than having a couch (in a small OV cabin) we had a large easy chair instead that gave us much more room in the cabin.

Good luck and enjoy

M

For your sailing I'm seeing 8355 aft and 8533, 8233, 9531 or 9235 forward. Personally, I prefer the aft cabins because the aft elevators service the venues I frequent the most - dining room, Studio B, Windjammer/pool,and Viking Crown.

If you pick a cat K, you can watch the cat K availability and switch if you see something else you would prefer.

Depending whether you are a pool and windjammer person or a promenade deck and dining room person - the inside staterooms on deck four are very convenient. FWIW, the staterooms midship near the lobby bar were quiet and in a great location. In 2009 our inside stateroom priced out at $60/day/pp for a panama canal cruise.

Depending whether you are a pool and windjammer person or a promenade deck and dining room person - the inside staterooms on deck four are very convenient. FWIW, the staterooms midship near the lobby bar were quiet and in a great location. In 2009 our inside stateroom priced out at $60/day/pp for a panama canal cruise.

On the Navigator there are no cabins at all on deck 4.

Thanks everyone. I ended up with 8353 which has no white spaces around it and not far from the aft elevators.

I have decided to be financially responsible(doesn't always happen) and move from the balcony I had booked to an inside. I had hoped to find a friend to join me but decided I didn't want to pay the balcony price for a solo. I'll miss the balcony but the change saved me $1000. I guess I'll find out in May if it was a good call.

Patti

Thanks everyone. I ended up with 8353 which has no white spaces around it and not far from the aft elevators.

I have decided to be financially responsible(doesn't always happen) and move from the balcony I had booked to an inside. I had hoped to find a friend to join me but decided I didn't want to pay the balcony price for a solo. I'll miss the balcony but the change saved me $1000. I guess I'll find out in May if it was a good call.

Patti

Just realised it's you :) You'll find after a while that you get used to not having a balcony. I switch between balconies and insides depending on price. I'll be in the Indy TA around the same time as you - pity our paths won't cross!

A second cruise will make up for the balcony, it's how I made the Explorer this year!

Just realised it's you :) You'll find after a while that you get used to not having a balcony. I switch between balconies and insides depending on price. I'll be in the Indy TA around the same time as you - pity our paths won't cross!

A second cruise will make up for the balcony, it's how I made the Explorer this year!

Hi Thoie!

That is what I am thinking, to travel more I might have to make a couple of cut backs. Plus I may still be able to score a low price upgrade at some point...I'll just keep checking. if my flights weren't booked I might have considered changing to the Independence.

Patti

Patti

I was in a similar position a couple months ago When my travel companions had to back out ... but I fortunately hadn't booked airfare yet. I ended up jumping ship and moved from the Navigator to the Brilliance for a much better price and managed to still afford a balcony.

It's been quite awhile since I cruised in an inside and I guess I've gotten spoiled, but I'm not adverse to trying it again if it makes more cruises affordable.

I hope you have a great cruise.

Patti

I think you may find you enjoy interior rooms. They stay nice and dark (which I love). At first I always booked balcony but like you, that gets expensive for a solo traveler. Now I mainly book interior rooms and so far have not missed having a balcony. I may still book a balcony when the price is right - but really I like the inside rooms enough that it just doesn't matter to me. When I want to look out over the ocean (which for me is all the time), I just find a good place on the ship.

Just booked on a Quantum class ship in an inside cabin....the cheapest available.... and then found out that ALL interiors have 'virtual balconies', which look AWESOME! If only RCCL would also show on these 'virtual balconies' other great cruise views, like the Panama Canal Transit, or Glacier Bay in Alaska, or the Grand Canal in Venice, or Milford Sound in New Zealand. THAT would truly be AWESOME!!

MP.