future cruise certificate-currency question

greg2014

Hello:-)

I am planning to buy future cruise certificate for 150 USD.

As I know it is worth 250 USD and could be used to pay for deposit of the next booked cruise.

I am from Europe and buy NCL cruises using its website. On website all prices are in EUR, not in USD.

Does anybody know how FCC are recalculated from USD to EUR in such accident ?

Thank you for any advice in advance.

You had better check but I thought that Future Cruise Credits could only be bought while you were actually cruising.

At that point your on board account would be charged the USD250 and there would then be an On Board Credit credited to your on board account of USD100.

All on board accounts are based on USD and are only converted to your "home" currency when you pay in cash or the debit is charged to your credit card.

Mike

You had better check but I thought that Future Cruise Credits could only be bought while you were actually cruising.

[...]

Mike

Yes, I know about it but on Wednesday I am starting new cruise with EPIC.

I think about next cruises with NCL so that is why think also about FCC.

The value of a FCC is converted into your currency based on an exchange rate which seems to be set periodically.

When you are onboard, have a chat with the staff member who should be able to tell you the rate they are currently using for Euros.

I've always found the rate they use to be fairly reasonable.

We did this recently on the Epic. An invoice was emailed to us immediately and the cost had been converted to GBP.

Yes, that's how it works, but the OP wants to know the rate before he purchases it.

The only way that he will know that for sure, as far as I'm aware, is to ask.

I think the OP is asking at what rate the $250 USD will be applied when he books his next cruise, not how much he will be paying for it onboard.

Yes, that's clearly what they are asking. That rate is set when purchasing though, so they should be able to tell him what it is.

I have just read on Next Cruise Certificate page on the NCL site that two or more NCC can be applied towards payment on cruises 6 days or longer sailing untill 29th of February, 2016. Did anybody had any experience with that promotion yet or a similar one in the past ? When we bought our NCC on our last sailing we were specifically told that only one certificate per cabin can be applied per sailing.

Edited by olya1972