1 Cent Balance Owing

ucmino

A couple of months ago I paid off my January cruise in full. Later noticed I had a balance of 1 cent remaining. I contacted NCL and they said they had a glitch with their system and not to worry they would consider us paid in full. Today I try to print my e docs (52 days out) but am not able to. Is anyone else having this issue?

I had this happen.

PCC says it happens from time to time, esp. on CDN$ reservations (as mine was).

I was advised to put my credit card through again for penny. (PCC said if I couldn't, she'd try, but said it works better from customer's end. She stayed on he line with me.)

Much to my surprise (I thought there'd be a minimum of a few dollars), it processed it. At that point I was finally paid in full.

We had that happen too but we were able to print off our documents even though 1c was showing as owing but the statements on the website said "Paid in Full".

I had worked it out that it was a rounding from USD to CAD for each of the two of us. At the end of the cost .6c for me and .6 c for my wife both rounded to 1c (2c). But in total 1.2c rounded to 1c (1c). Thereby there was a 1c debt!!

When I queried it I was told I could pay CAD1 with my credit card and I would have CAD0.99 OBC!!! I didn't bother!!

We actually carried a battered Canadian 1c coin just in case there was a query at the check-in on the quay. There wasn't.

All will be well (but find a 1c Canadian coin just in case!!)

Mike

We had this problem and called NCL. They had to run our CC for a penny to close out the account--mind you that the reservation WILL automatically cancel after the final payment deadline if there is a balance on the cabin.

So odd considering it costs NCL more to run the penny charge that they will collect!

I had this happen.

I was advised to put my credit card through again for penny. (PCC said if I couldn't, she'd try, but said it works better from customer's end. She stayed on he line with me.)

Much to my surprise (I thought there'd be a minimum of a few dollars), it processed it. At that point I was finally paid in full.

1c transactions on credit cards are very common especially with online purchases. For many retailers and service providers when you add a credit card to your file they will do a pre-authorisation on your card for 1c to validate that it is a validate credit card number.