La Cucina not showing on Jade dining booking...

xkritter

The specialty dining reservations for our cruise in March just opened up today (100 days out) and La Cucina is not showing as an option for me to book. Does this restaurant usually show up for online booking?

Also - the two main dining rooms are listed as an option.

We are new to NCL and I didn't expect to see the two main dining rooms.

The specialty dining reservations for our cruise in March just opened up today (100 days out) and La Cucina is not showing as an option for me to book. Does this restaurant usually show up for online booking?

Perhaps, just maybe, but unlikely, all the "early bookings" for la Cuchina have been taken by groups. NCL do only allow a certain percentage (30%??) of "early bookings".

The MDR's normally only take bookings for parties of 6 or more so that may be why they are there. Especially if NCL knows there are a number of parties who have booked. You may also find that they only offer 5.30 or 9.30 for party bookings.

Mike

We are new to NCL and I didn't expect to see the two main dining rooms.

Take this as a blessing because Lacucina is horrible!

Take this as a blessing because Lacucina is horrible!

While I don't agree with "horrible" it wasn't up to the standard of le Bistro nor to the Moderno. Being Platinum it was free as were the others (B2B cruises for the two of us) so it was nice to be able to see what others were paying "heavily" for.

Mike

Perhaps, just maybe, but unlikely, all the "early bookings" for la Cuchina have been taken by groups. NCL do only allow a certain percentage (30%??) of "early bookings".

Not likely. It happens quite often that not all restaurants are available immediately, my advice to OP is to check again in a day or two.

The MDR's normally only take bookings for parties of 6 or more so that may be why they are there.

Not true for long time anymore. One has been able to book MDRs for even two eversince MDRs became online bookable (last year or even earlier, maybe) - before that, one could only book MDRs onboard and only if one was in a suite or in a larger group.

You may also find that they only offer 5.30 or 9.30 for party bookings.

This is true.

Edited by Demonyte

I'm on the Jade now. Highly recommend making your reservations early as I couldn't change a single reservation on first day of cruise unless I wanted to eat at 9:30.

Really weird, the specialty restaurants are half empty even with no reservations available (except Teppenyaki).

The above was not my experience on Getaway where I booked all 7 nights the first day of cruise with no issue and the restaurants were much fuller. Feels like on the Jade they've made a conscious decision not to fill the specialties to capacity.

I strongly disagree - for example La Cucina's Osso Bucco is to die for IMO and according to most other mentions I've seen here.

I agree with the Osso Bucco - excellent, as was the seared salmon on white beans. I also enjoy the bread with three dipping oils - outstanding!!

On our sailing on the Spirit I checked when they were first available and have checked numerous times since. They have consistently listed 6 options including the two MDRs and the SDP so in our case they just never listed all options.

So, if it ends up not showing up should we be able to book it once on board?

Is this something we could ask the concierge to assist with? (We are booked in a suite.)

Since you are in a suite, why not call the pre-concierge, they can make the reservation for you now. 1-855-625-4283.

Just off the Jade and we were able to walk right up to LA Cushin

Just off the Jade and we were able to walk up to La Cucina 2 times without reservations and seated immediately. The dining room was maybe half full both nights even though when we tried to book a reservation we were told nothing was available. We loved the T-bone and the bread with dipping oils. The t-bone stated an extra charge of 7.95, but as I am looking at my itemized bill, it's not there.

I just booked our dinner reservations for my wife & I for our March cruise as well. 2 Questions... I was not able to book a reservations for Friday the last night on the 18th? It did not give me that date option...are they not available on the last night?

Also is there anyway you can change your reservations on line? I wanted to make a change on one of the nights but I could not figure out how to do it.

Thanks in Advance!