Please help may be at wrong port

riddle

Sounds like someone was a little tipsy when posting this last night. I gotta say, though, 10 points for originality!

It could be confusing I guess. There are two cruise terminals in the area. One in San Pedro, the other in Long Beach which is just across the harbor.

San Pedro is the correct one. If OP is at the Hotel Maya in Long Beach, they are AT THE WRONG PORT.

The correct address is:

World Cruise Terminal

600 N Harbor Blvd, San Pedro, CA 90731

Fortunately, they are only 10 minutes away from the correct port. Hopefully, OP wakes up early enough to find out where they are (or more importantly, where they aren't) before they wander around the Long Beach Terminal looking for the Jewel.

Edited by triptolemus

https://www.ncl.com/getting-to-the-pier/driving-directions#losangeles

From NCL's website. Triptolemus is correct.

Name of Port Port of Los Angeles | http://www.portoflosangeles.org

Name/Location of Pier World Cruise Center

Berth SP-92

San Pedro, CA 90731

http://www.portsamerica.com/cruise/los-angeles-terminal.html

Lost and Found Grey Hound Shore Services, Mariane Krone Cell: (213) 399-3011. For other inquiries concerning Lost & Found items, contact Norwegian Cruise Line Corporate Office, (305) 436-4770.

To/From Airports 18 miles from airport, approximately 25 minutes. (Travel times depending on traffic conditions)

Transportation Taxis are available inside terminal, approximately $60 to/from LAX. (Rate subject to change)

Parking

“Parking Concept” available inside terminal, $16 per day. For more information call (310) 547-4357.

Norwegian Cruise Line is not responsible for any damages or losses occasioned from the use of the facilities

Bus Information Not available

Directions to the Port

FROM LAX AIRPORT Take the San Diego Freeway (#405) south to the Harbor Freeway (#110) south. Exit Harbor Boulevard intersection. Turn right into the World Cruise Center Parking lot.

FROM DOWNTOWN Take the Harbor Freeway (#110) south to the Harbor Boulevard exit. Turn right into the World Cruise Center parking lot.

We are at the hotel maya. We leave on the jewel in the morning. We are at the world cruise port. Docs did nothe give address. Are we at the wrong port?

You have many other options than posting to random Internet people.

1. Ask at the hotel desk.

2. Call NCL

3. Get in the cab and ask to go to the Norwegian ship.

No worries. You'll get there.

Have fun!

• 3 weeks later...

As often lately seems to be the case, use of Cruise Critic for questions results in some good replies but some people find it a place to ridicule or laugh out loud.

Consider that we were on a five week journey across the country with many stops along the way. We are not at all familiar with LA and never cruised out of a city with more than one port. That aside, I realized the problem about midnight when looking at cruise critic because I could not sleep.

The front desk did not answer their phones. I did not think NCL would be open and I certainly was not going to drive to the port at midnight.

Consider also that we had a deal with this hotel to keep our car all week. Instead of the cab we requested they sent a driver who charged us about 1.5 times what a cab would have.

Now, on top of all the confusion my DH left a suitcase in the van and had to go back for it (critical items in it). We used up all of our parking savings going back and forth to the LA port even though it was only 7 miles away.

So laugh away if you wish, but it was the only major hiccup in our five week trip. It took a lot of planning and yes the location of the port did slip through the cracks. Consider me thoroughly chastised for my slip up. Thanks though to those who legitimately tried to help. We appreciate that.

As often lately seems to be the case, use of Cruise Critic for questions results in some good replies but some people find it a place to ridicule or laugh out loud.

Consider that we were on a five week journey across the country with many stops along the way. We are not at all familiar with LA and never cruised out of a city with more than one port. That aside, I realized the problem about midnight when looking at cruise critic because I could not sleep.

The front desk did not answer their phones. I did not think NCL would be open and I certainly was not going to drive to the port at midnight.

Consider also that we had a deal with this hotel to keep our car all week. Instead of the cab we requested they sent a driver who charged us about 1.5 times what a cab would have.

Now, on top of all the confusion my DH left a suitcase in the van and had to go back for it (critical items in it). We used up all of our parking savings going back and forth to the LA port even though it was only 7 miles away.

So laugh away if you wish, but it was the only major hiccup in our five week trip. It took a lot of planning and yes the location of the port did slip through the cracks. Consider me thoroughly chastised for my slip up. Thanks though to those who legitimately tried to help. We appreciate that.

Glad you had a great trip and sorry you had to endure the forum.

We stayed at the concourse hotel In Los Angeles before our cruise.

The front desk girl never heard of Norwegian cruise line when we asked at the desk where should the hotel shuttle drop us off to pick up Norwegians shuttle.

So although some CC members think they're witty, they're really quite wrong.

........but it was the only major hiccup in our five week trip. It took a lot of planning and yes the location of the port did slip through the cracks....

If that was your only major issue during a 5 week trip, I would say it was a huge success. I'm glad you made the boat and got back safe.

Sorry you experienced this. The port situation is confusing in LA. We actually did a dry run to the port a week before our first cruise out of there, and we live here. We were meeting friends, also locals, on that cruise and they drove to the wrong port first.

The last place I would send people for help is this NCL Forum. People are just too nasty in here. A better choice is the forum dedicated to the departure ports. You will get much better help there, without judgement. Same thing for any of the port stops - go to the forums on those ports of call.

The NCL forum is for the entertainment of those who like the Outrage of the Day or endless debates on tipping, CEOs and how many angels fit on the head of a pin. It is entertaining, but is certainly not worthwhile in any practical sense.

I'm glad to hear you made it to the ship eventually. But not that you had not only the snarkiness here, but also the issues with LA's taxi / car service. I hope the cruise, once you were onboard, was pleasant enough to make up for some of it.

So although some CC members think they're witty, they're really quite wrong.

We're not all wrong.

The last place I would send people for help is this NCL Forum. People are just too nasty in here.

You know, the first 3 responses were actually helpful, although the 1st response happened to be wrong. But the first 3 people actually tried to help...and frankly I didn't see any nastiness in the whole thread.

People were teasing a little, perhaps...but teasing isn't nasty, it's playful. Teasing says "oh boy....I could see myself doing this.....but this time, YOU did it."

People need thicker skins. Seriously.

Stephen