Is Caribbean Princess going to be late into Houston this morning?

StLouisCruisers

and look at me still yakking away

When we cruised out of this port in Dec. 2015 and Jan. 2016 we flew from So Cal...and the first time I booked my flight, hotel and transport and the second time in January I let princess handle everything and we did have fog problems both times.

CRuising March 6th, do we drop off our luggage and then park at the port. I cant remember does it open at 10 or 1030 to start parking?

TIA

Parking opens at 10 AM IF the prior cruise returned on time and the disembarkation went smoothly. If the disembarking pax have not moved their cars out of the parking lot, they may delay letting embarking pax in to use the parking lot.

You will drop your luggage off after entering the area and then at least the driver will proceed around the parking lot to the gate and enter. It really makes it nice and easy.

Let us hope the CB returns on time, there is no fag and the CB departs on time this Sunday. My interest in this is that we will be on the ship as it leaves on Sunday. :D

Those driving to Bayport need to check road closure conditions in the Houston area at http://traffic.houstontranstar.org/construction/construction_report.aspx. I-45, the main route south to Galveston will be experiencing a total closure near the Bay Area Blvd and NASA 1 intersections. This is in the Webster/NASA/Clear Lake area.

We are driving in this morning from Dallas! Thanks for the heads up. It seems that I-45 traffic should be okay according to Waze.

You may already be on the road, and I do not know where Waze gets its information, but I45 is closed at Bay Area Blvd. Below is a copy and paste from Houston's Transtar information page. Anyone going to Galveston today is going to be in for a rough drive.

IH-45 GULF Northbound and southbound at BAY AREA BLVD

Construction

Total Closure blocked

Active

We are driving in this morning from Dallas! Thanks for the heads up. It seems that I-45 traffic should be okay according to Waze.

Don't know how far you were planning to drive south on I45.

If you were just going to the south loop where you can take the 610 Loop east to 225, you will be OK.

If you were going no further south than Clear Lake City Blvd you will be OK.

If you were going further south than Clear Lake City Blvd, exit at Clear Lake City Blvd and ask Waze for the best route from there. I would avoid highway 3 as it will have lots of traffic that is avoiding the closed freeway.

Don't know how far you were planning to drive south on I45.

If you were just going to the south loop where you can take the 610 Loop east to 225, you will be OK.

If you were going no further south than Clear Lake City Blvd you will be OK.

If you were going further south than Clear Lake City Blvd, exit at Clear Lake City Blvd and ask Waze for the best route from there. I would avoid highway 3 as it will have lots of traffic that is avoiding the closed freeway.

We are heading down in two weeks. Coming in from I-10 to Hilton NASA. We will be arriving around 9 or 10 PM Friday night. Which route to do you recommend since I-45 will probably still be closed? Thanks,

We are heading down in two weeks. Coming in from I-10 to Hilton NASA. We will be arriving around 9 or 10 PM Friday night. Which route to do you recommend since I-45 will probably still be closed? Thanks,

You will be fine. The closure was just over this weekend while they demolished a bridge over the freeway.

Take the NASA Road One exit for the quickest route from I-45 to the Hilton. It is the exit right after NASA Parkway.

(Leave it to Texas to make it confusing. NASA Parkway has many traffic lights. NASA Road One is like a freeway with no traffic lights for several miles until it ends into NASA Parkway.)

You will be fine. The closure was just over this weekend while they demolished a bridge over the freeway.

Take the NASA Road One exit for the quickest route from I-45 to the Hilton. It is the exit right after NASA Parkway.

(Leave it to Texas to make it confusing. NASA Parkway has many traffic lights. NASA Road One is like a freeway with no traffic lights for several miles until it ends into NASA Parkway.)

I appreciate the response. We frequent that area but unsure if we would encounter any road construction issues. I will check TXDOT's WEB site for updates and my onboard navigation system is pretty good about road issues when driving in cities like Houston. Just trying to plan ahead.