Pacific aria - statendam interiors

Topsham

Just found this Youtube

Not renderings.... this is real footage.

Meet the new designer. Great work.

The layout is still the same... and a lot of the detail is same as before... but it all works and looks same classic. Good colours. All this work down in what... two months. If VEENDAM and MAASDAM could get the same treatment.... she would look better than KONINGSDAM!!!!

Stephen

Exactly what I thought!!!!!

This ship is stunning! Just goes to show... old can be best!

Only thing looks 'wrong'. The Lido... all in a row of single tables and the orange chairs. No space to get through? Probably to make tables of four will make the space.

Stephen

Just found this Youtube

Not renderings.... this is real footage.

Meet the new designer. Great work.

The layout is still the same... and a lot of the detail is same as before... but it all works and looks same classic. Good colours. All this work down in what... two months. If VEENDAM and MAASDAM could get the same treatment.... she would look better than KONINGSDAM!!!!

Stephen

Stephen, I totally agree these two ships look absolutely stunning.I would guess they also did a lot of much needed maintenance on the behind the scenes areas and engine room. They are both like brand new gorgeous ships. Sadly I do not ever see this happening to the Veendam and Maasdam because to do this it take lots of $$$$$$$$ and I do not see HAL doing that. Their Business model/management style has gone a whole different direction :(

Stephen, I totally agree these two ships look absolutely stunning.I would guess they also did a lot of much needed maintenance on the behind the scenes areas and engine room. They are both like brand new gorgeous ships. Sadly I do not ever see this happening to the Veendam and Maasdam because to do this it take lots of $$$$$$$$ and I do not see HAL doing that. Their Business model/management style has gone a whole different direction :(

Thanks.

This refit was definitely to include 'behind the scenes' and engineroom... in the planned maintenance.

Don't know about the VEDM and MADM... but sure seems like all of the rest of the fleet is getting a makeover... and bit not all of what they are changing for the better!

I'll bet the ARIA and EDEN will become the starts of P&O Australia. Beautiful interiors.... a good looking exteriors... and still with the TEAK DECKS!

There was a lot of media coverage in Sudney last week when P&O Australia's 5 ships sailed into the harbour - with quite a few comments on the dark blue hulls of the Pacific Eden and the Pacific Aria, compared to the white hulls of the rest of the fleet. The consensus was that the new additions with their dark hulls looked classier!