Love the new on board app!

Bisous3

Does it give any notification like sound or a video alert if you do not have the app open? I found it useless as I had to keep checking for messages. That to me was th biggest drawback of the program. Hope Princess has managed to fix it.

My "all-knowing" 15 year old pointed out to me today that it isn't an app per se but a link to their on-board website. regal.princess.com so that's why there's no notifications...

I would like someone who has downloaded Princess App to help me with where do I go to get it etc. I am not real phone savy but sounded like something I could use on my Feb cruise. Do both people have to download app to message each other? Is it free or does charges apply to use it?

If you go to the internet cafe when you board they will get it all set up for you!

What we didn't like on Regal a few weeks ago was their limited access to Patter information. Current day future items were there, but you would think they could also put the next days items in for planning purposes. We were located far forward on the ship so the printed Patters tended not to get to our room until after 10. Posting the info would take a lot less time than printing 2000 Patters and distributing them.

What we didn't like on Regal a few weeks ago was their limited access to Patter information. Current day future items were there, but you would think they could also put the next days items in for planning purposes. We were located far forward on the ship so the printed Patters tended not to get to our room until after 10. Posting the info would take a lot less time than printing 2000 Patters and distributing them.

When I was on emerald last year, we missed a tender port.

We arrived at the anchorage, and then the captain decided 'too rough'.

This caused the cruise director and cruise staff to go to their fallback

plan of activities.

The online patter was updated very, very quickly.

It took a couple hours for a supplemental paper patter

to be distributed.

I thought that was very nice.

For the luddites: not so nice.

We just got off the Regal Sunday.

It was kind of nice but...

-It's not an app. It runs in a browser.

-It was constantly losing connection and required you to re-login every time you accessed.

-Until it has Push notifications the Message part of it is worthless if you have to login and check if you have any messages. Until it's like texting, it wont provide much utility.

-Staying up on events like what you find in the Patter was nice but it was incomplete so you still had to check the Patter for somethings.

-It would be nice to be able to check the events for upcoming days, not just the current day's events.

-It would be real handy for making reservations but you can't do that right now either.

IMHO opinion, nice Beta first release try but not ready for prime time, but then again, I'm in software development and kind of picky about my Tech...

We just got off the Regal Sunday.

It was kind of nice but...

-It's not an app. It runs in a browser.

-It was constantly losing connection and required you to re-login every time you accessed.

-Until it has Push notifications the Message part of it is worthless if you have to login and check if you have any messages. Until it's like texting, it wont provide much utility.

-Staying up on events like what you find in the Patter was nice but it was incomplete so you still had to check the Patter for somethings.

-It would be nice to be able to check the events for upcoming days, not just the current day's events.

-It would be real handy for making reservations but you can't do that right now either.

IMHO opinion, nice Beta first release try but not ready for prime time, but then again, I'm in software development and kind of picky about my Tech...

Princess tech must be a pretty major disappointment for you. They can't even get their web site right. I had the same sort of issues with the system that you have. I keep hoping Princess will hire some IT professionals but I'm not holding my breath.

I agree----I did like the Princess Messenger app, especially being able to access the daily schedule of events. A few suggestions for improvement--the messenger app does not make any sound when you get a messenger from a fellow passenger, so unless you check your phone on a regular basis, you often will have unread messages.

Secondly, someone needs to proof the schedule. During one day, there were several items that were listed with wrong start times (creating confusion among many guests who relied on the info and arrived late).

It was a welcome addition.

As a side note, you don't need to download the app to access it once you get on board. Simply turn on wifi; open your browser (on computer or smartphone) and go to nameofship.princess.com (i.e., crown.princess.com) Register your account and you will be good to go.

A few suggestions for improvement--the messenger app does not make any sound when you get a messenger from a fellow passenger, so unless you check your phone on a regular basis, you often will have unread messages.

I didn't have a smart phone to try it but are you positive that they can't be set for an audible alarm?

I still prefer the paper copy to circle my events for the day. :D

With this new system they still don't have the evening days menu available.:(

Edited by floridalover5623

I liked it for my IPad, but found it only worked when there was an internet connection on the Grand. And if you were using your minutes and the connection stopped, there was no way to turn off your use of minutes as you couldn't access the site. I hope they can fix this so if the connection fails, the internet use stops. I'd much rather log in again than lose minutes.

I am not smart enough to own a smart phone but I have the Princess app or whatever it is on my iPad and used it on the Royal this fall....more to check our account. It was a useful tool but I can't say that I am outrageously excited or can't wait to use it again.

We never worried about any app before hand.

Onboard the application downloaded just fine without one. ;)

You have to get the app from the google play store, or the iTunes

store, depending on your religion.

To get either, you have to have an internet connection.

Either using princess minutes, or using cellular data.

Often folks pay for those whilst at sea.

Hence the desire to download the app before sailing.

You have to get the app from the google play store, or the iTunes

store, depending on your religion.

To get either, you have to have an internet connection.

Either using princess minutes, or using cellular data.

Often folks pay for those whilst at sea.

Hence the desire to download the app before sailing.

Did not need the app beforehand. Never downloaded anything other then logging on. Isn't this the same? It all worked fine for us.

And I still don't have any app on my device.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Did not need the app beforehand. Never downloaded anything other then logging on. Isn't this the same?

Although they have been pretty roundly disparaged here, there is

both an IOS app, and an Android app.

This is a link to the google play store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gcm.princess.messenger

The report on IOS have been that the app does nothing more than open

a browser.

• 5 weeks later...