Love the new on board app!

Bisous3

Just returned from the Regal and I love the new app you can load on your smartphone. You can access your account, see all the activities (basically everything that's in the Patter) and my favorite feature- messaging! I was able to message my family throughout the day to let them know my whereabouts, which table we were seated at, etc. It's terrific!

Thank you for the report. I am looking forward to tryng the message feature on our next cruise.

I have used the app a couple of times, but could not message, as my mom refused to travel with a cell phone and my brother and SIL have "dumb phones".

Thank you for the report. I am looking forward to tryng the message feature on our next cruise.

I have used the app a couple of times, but could not message, as my mom refused to travel with a cell phone and my brother and SIL have "dumb phones".

Tracie even if the family doesn't have smart phones I thought it was easier than carrying the Patter around wherever we went and it was convenient for checking our account. I predict the app gets more versatile as time goes on.. eg: making dining reservations or booking excursions.

It seemed like an improvement if you don't mind carrying your phone with you all the time but at least you can communicate messages to each other.

I still prefer the paper copy of the Patter where I can circle activities for the whole day and see at a glance where I'm scheduled to go & where the wife will be during the day.

With this newer system they still don't offer a copy of the days menus which lots of people could use. I'm surprised that they don't offer an connection at Princess Cays to communicate with people back at the ship. :confused:

It seemed like an improvement if you don't mind carrying your phone with you all the time but at least you can communicate messages to each other.

I still prefer the paper copy of the Patter where I can circle activities for the whole day and see at a glance where I'm scheduled to go & where the wife will be during the day.

With this newer system they still don't offer a copy of the days menus which lots of people could use. I'm surprised that they don't offer an connection at Princess Cays to communicate with people back at the ship. :confused:

I'm assuming that it will improve and have more functions as time goes on.

Tracie even if the family doesn't have smart phones I thought it was easier than carrying the Patter around wherever we went and it was convenient for checking our account. I predict the app gets more versatile as time goes on.. eg: making dining reservations or booking excursions.

Hi Suzanne- I have used the app, but I am just excited to try the messanger feature with my husband and son. Heck, in truth, I am just excited to go on a cruise!

Hi Suzanne- I have used the app, but I am just excited to try the messanger feature with my husband and son. Heck, in truth, I am just excited to go on a cruise!

Me too... Yesterday, though I had piles of laundry to do, I just HAD to get on line and start planning NEXT year's Thanksgiving cruise!

I'm assuming that it will improve and have more functions as time goes on.

Oh, it's definitely better then before that's for sure. I'm patiently waiting for the menu's to appear on the room TV. They've got lots of room for all everything else so I imagine it can't be to long a wait.

Does it give any notification like sound or a video alert if you do not have the app open? I found it useless as I had to keep checking for messages. That to me was th biggest drawback of the program. Hope Princess has managed to fix it.

There is a feature in the app that allows you to click on activities you want to do and it creates a calendar for you.

Helpful features to add: seeing more than one day's activities at a time, alerting you to messages, being able to make dining reservations, and seeing the MDR menus.

I would like someone who has downloaded Princess App to help me with where do I go to get it etc. I am not real phone savy but sounded like something I could use on my Feb cruise. Do both people have to download app to message each other? Is it free or does charges apply to use it?

I would like someone who has downloaded Princess App to help me with where do I go to get it etc. I am not real phone savy but sounded like something I could use on my Feb cruise. Do both people have to download app to message each other? Is it free or does charges apply to use it?

If you have an android phone, this is the link in the google play store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gcm.princess.messenger

No need to download ahead of time....

We just waited until we were onboard and it downloaded on its own when we logged in.

If you have an android phone, this is the link in the google play store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gcm.princess.messenger

This page has links to the iTunes and the google play store apps:

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/activities/princess-at-sea/

I guess both windows phone users will have to use just the browser.

(and probably not edge)

Me, too. It's lighter, more compact, more easily read and you don't have to recharge it! :)

I put our original copy on the wall of our stateroom with our magnets, and pick up an extra copy at services desk to put in my pocket.

Definitely a handy app. We had a couple minor discrepancies on our last 2 cruises which we picked up on checking our statement each day and were able to resolve them as the popped up as opposed to waiting on line at passenger services desk the last day with everyone else! It even has a "map it" tab which is like a GPS and shows you where venues are located on the ship. Pretty cool if you're not familiar with the deck plans. In my opinion of course! 😎:D

[i guess both windows phone users will have to use just the browser.

(and probably not edge)

First, a browser does not work like an app, and Edge is Windows 10, which is not on phones yet.

A browser is an app.

Second, it is possible to use princess 'messenger' from a browser, no app required.

There have been many reports that the IOS app does nothing more

than open a browser for messaging.

Hopefully, your windows phone can do that.

Edited by pablo222