Guy's Burger

comett

Yes they do and be prepared for the strong smell of greasy burgers on the lido deck. At times, it was very nauseating.

That's your opinion. Just because you were bothered doesn't mean others were. In fact, you're the first person I recall making a comment like this.

The main problem with sailing on a ship with Guys is that you may not want to sail without one. My DH usually only has 2 per cruise, but they also have GF buns for my DD. I'm ok with them, Blue Iguana Cantina is my favorite.

If you go to Carnivals website, click explore, then dining and then click on Guys, you will see a little ship icon to left. When you click on that it will tell you which ships have Guys and the ones it's coming to soon.

That's your opinion. Just because you were bothered doesn't mean others were. In fact, you're the first person I recall making a comment like this.

Yes it is my opinion and since this is a forum, I stated my opinion. I am not the first to post it. Thanks for letting me know.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

Yes they do and be prepared for the strong smell of greasy burgers on the lido deck. At times, it was very nauseating.

I'm with you here ready2cruzagain. Not sure if I'd go as far as deeming the smell nauseating but not a fan of either GF or overly greasy burgers regardless of who's making them. The fries, when fresh out of the fryer, aren't that bad, though.

Edited by crewsweeper

I'm with you here ready2cruzagain. Not sure if I'd go as far as deeming the smell nauseating but not a fan of either GF or overly greasy burgers regardless of who's making them. The fries, when fresh out of the fryer, aren't that bad, though.

Strong smells make me queasy so to others it might not make them queasy but it is a very strong greasy smell.

I agree the fries are great.

I think you misunderstood the GF designation earlier. It is gluten free and the majority of those that eat it do so for medical reasons. All the buns are not GF, but the fact they offer GF as an option is a positive.

Are the burgers greasy? Yes, most of the times.

I'm of the same opinion. Before I ordered one, I recall thinking, "This joint smells like the back of a McDonalds drive through, but if these things are as good as everyone on critic says, I gotta get me one."

For the life of me can't see why people like them. I tried one and thought it was one of the worst burgers I had ever eaten, but figured maybe it was just a bad day for whoever was on the grill and after two bites left it. Tried again the next day thinking that this time it would be the magical experience everyone else seems to have and was disappointed again. I didn't make it past one bite (it isn't like it was going to get any better). I felt bad for having wasted two burgers, but I just couldn't do it.

I'm quite aware that they're immensely popular and that we all have different tastes, I just can't fathom why anyone would care for these and am shocked they're as popular as they are.

I think you misunderstood the GF designation earlier. It is gluten free and the majority of those that eat it do so for medical reasons. All the buns are not GF, but the fact they offer GF as an option is a positive.

The burgers have to be greasy since they contain 20% fat and are cooked on a grill. What fat doesn't go back into the burger or gets scraped off the grill goes up in the air.

I've eaten 2 Guy's burgers and they aren't that bad, but it's only a darn burger. I've cooked better myself using a 90/10 blend instead of the 80/20 that Guy boasts about. I prefer a filet mignon, but that's my personal bias. Probably why my cholesterol levels stay around 135.

BTW, GF could stand for Guy Fieri as well as Gluten free.

I am pretty sure that GF meant Guy Fieri, not gluten free.

I am pretty sure that GF meant Guy Fieri, not gluten free.

I had used GF in an earlier post regarding buns. Someone then responded didn't care for GF. My apologies in that it did not occur to me someone had used the GF reference after me and was not referring to the same thing.

As for the burgers, we like them. I think people would need to try for themselves since taste is so subjective.

I had used GF in an earlier post regarding buns. Someone then responded didn't care for GF. My apologies in that it did not occur to me someone had used the GF reference after me and was not referring to the same thing.

As for the burgers, we like them. I think people would need to try for themselves since taste is so subjective.

Thanks for the correction. I apologize for adding to the confusion:o But GFbuns or no GF buns, it's still not a good burger, IMO.