Towels for beach excursions?

RGBFamily

Wow. That's a much fancier towel than I had last cruise. Are those only in balcony cabins and above?

I'm going to look into purchasing one next week if they are like that one.

The beach towels are all the same irrespective of cabin booked.

What did those towels look like? They used to have light blue ones for the beach that you got as you left the ship and there are the dark blue ones used at the pool.

Krazy Kruzers photos show a notice that you can ask you steward to purchase one. Thanks for those photos Krazy.

I would like to buy a couple of those myself, but I wouldn't like to find room in my luggage to bring them home. Does any body know if you can purchase them from HAL online and have them shipped to you?

Does any body know if you can purchase them from HAL online and have them shipped to you?
There are towels for sale on shophollandamerica.com, but not like those beach towels. Since they are not there, my guess is that you can't buy them online.

http://www.shophollandamerica.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category_detail&category_id_int=33187&iStartRow=1&sortby=PA

There are towels for sale on shophollandamerica.com, but not like those beach towels. Since they are not there, my guess is that you can't buy them online.

http://www.shophollandamerica.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category_detail&category_id_int=33187&iStartRow=1&sortby=PA

Thanks for that link, I was not aware of it before. Yes I don't see towels like the ones above either. I also noticed that HAL robes were not there. I picked up one of those robes several years ago on a cruise. It was really nice, later it got left in a hotel room. I wonder if I got some of these items on the ship, if they would mail them home for me.

Edited by Tom O.

I miss the towels that used to be available as we got off the ship in port. I used to get 2, one to lie on and one to dry off. Now I have this ultra nice towel to either lie on or dry off... not a nice compromise for me. So now I have to "borrow" one of the bark blue/purple towels from the pool or Promenade deck and carry it off and back on in my beach bag. At least they still have those towels, unlike other lines who only have the one beach towel per person in the room, no towels at the pool... yuk.

I miss the towels that used to be available as we got off the ship in port. I used to get 2, one to lie on and one to dry off. Now I have this ultra nice towel to either lie on or dry off... not a nice compromise for me. So now I have to "borrow" one of the bark blue/purple towels from the pool or Promenade deck and carry it off and back on in my beach bag. At least they still have those towels, unlike other lines who only have the one beach towel per person in the room, no towels at the pool... yuk.

I'm saving ours to dry off and bringing an old bed flat sheet to "lay on" at the beach. We have kids so it should be big enough for us to sit since I don't forsee a lot of "laying" ;) Then after each beach excursion I will wash it and at the end I will pitch it!

Krazy Kruzers photos show a notice that you can ask you steward to purchase one. Thanks for those photos Krazy.

I would like to buy a couple of those myself, but I wouldn't like to find room in my luggage to bring them home. Does any body know if you can purchase them from HAL online and have them shipped to you?

I 'spose if push came to shove, to appease the airline, one could wrap the towel around their shoulders and say it's their "shawl".:D;)

Yikes. Which cruise line(s) doesn't have towels by the pool?

Recently we were on NCL and we had 2 nice big towels in the room that we took to the pool; once used there, we exchanged them at the desk at the pool for dry ones to take back to our room. That worked fine until I went to the hot tub one evening, after the pool towel desk was closed. I took my wet towel back to my room and my cabin steward removed it. Then I had to ask the cabin steward the next day to get a dry towel. Or I could have signed one out at the pool desk the next day when it was open, signing that I agreed to a $25 charge until I returned the towel and got my name crossed off their list.

Same system IIRC on Princess.

Same system on Carnival.

Not too sure how it worked on Celebrity, I just don't recall.

m--