Mini bar swap

flying fingers

If I choose to swap out my Elite mini bar set up for a bottle of wine, do I get to choose? If not, can anyone tell me what they have received in exchange. I would most likely swap for white or sparkling. Thanks!

Hey Flying Fingers! Great to see you on the CC Boards! When is your cruise & what ship? I'm on the Regal B2B 12/20 sailing. Maybe one day we will be on the same cruise.

Linda

If I choose to swap out my Elite mini bar set up for a bottle of wine, do I get to choose? If not, can anyone tell me what they have received in exchange. I would most likely swap for white or sparkling. Thanks!

I think you actually get bottles of wine. They usually give you a card to take to the MDR to claim a bottle. Optionally they can supply you the wine in the room. As to which can't answer because we only normally drink wine in the MDR.

If they will swap out for 2 coffee cards do you think as a solo traveler I could ask for 1 coffee card and a soda card? I am not at all interested in the hard liquor or beer that comes with setup and mainly use soda card for seltzer water. Just exploring my options other than letting things go to waste of bringing home those tiny bottles!

Edited by flying fingers

When we did it last year it was one bottle valued up to $30.

Wow. A $30 bottle of wine on a Princess ship is about a $3.99 bottle of wine at Safeway. The two coffee cards is a much better swap - unless one doesn't drink coffee of course.

Wow. A $30 bottle of wine on a Princess ship is about a $3.99 bottle of wine at Safeway. The two coffee cards is a much better swap - unless one doesn't drink coffee of course.

Yeah, except when you check and you have 14 cards already like I do :eek:

The cards are the best value to be sure, but eventually it comes down to that there's only so much coffee you can drink, and then you start looking more seriously at the other swap options

Srpilo

Edited by srpilo

If they will swap out for 2 coffee cards do you think as a solo traveler I could ask for 1 coffee card and a soda card? I am not at all interested in the hard liquor or beer that comes with setup and mainly use soda card for seltzer water. Just exploring my options other than letting things go to waste of bringing home those tiny bottles!

Its either all or none. They will not split up the trade.

The 2 coffee cards are a far better value , worth over $66 vs $30 bottle of the cheapest wines onboard .

I am leaning towards getting 2 coffee cards and performing random act of kindness by giving one away!

I have traded the mini bar setup for two coffee cards several times. So far, the cards come with no ship name or cruise number on them. I use one of them on that cruise and keep the other for the next cruise. I have also given them as gifts to friends who sail with us.

You can't get a soda card, but you can swap the mini bar set up for cans of soda. I think we received about 20 cans of whatever kind of soda you want that they carry in cans (coke products).

Recently on the Royal they only wanted to give a friend of mine only 1 coffee card in exchange for his whole setup. :mad:

Obviously he didn't take it.

If you go to Passenger Services they can take care of that and give you two coffee cards. We have quite a few of them now, and we'll be getting two more on Jan. 9, but on the Royal/Regal you can use them for gelato along with premium coffee drinks so we're happy to have them.

Re: the wine option it is now up to $40 and room service will hand you the bottle when they take away the entire mini bar set up. This is the official wording from the Princess website:

Question: Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for wine?

Answer: You may exchange all of your mini-bar items for one bottle of wine valued at $40 or less.

If you go to Passenger Services they can take care of that and give you two coffee cards. We have quite a few of them now, and we'll be getting two more on Jan. 9, but on the Royal/Regal you can use them for gelato along with premium coffee drinks so we're happy to have them.

I told him about the 2 cards & I'll have to email him to find out if he did change his request for 2 cards. It's strange that the person that took the call didn't know about it.

I've never used my cards for the gelato since it didn't seem any better than the ice cream they serve in the DR. If they would improve it I might take advantage of my unused punches. I never saw many people getting gelato at any time during my cruise & most of it was thrown out at the end of the day.

I swap mine for coffee cards. You can also use them for gelato at IC.

Sali

Thanks. I thought it was one bottle. Glad I get to choose even though most seem overpriced. Linda, I'm on regal 2/21. Also have b2b booked for 11/27. Ill email you later

We have switched to a very nice zinfandel from California several times. In as much as it is a gratuitous gift, we are grateful for it.