Canceling excursion after final payment

kelkel2

So we have decided to cancel our Carnival excursion but are after final payment. We will still look for a tour, but will probably find something that day once we are off the ship for much cheaper than we paid. How will the refund be processed? Does it go back on the card I paid with, or is it OBC?

So we have decided to cancel our Carnival excursion but are after final payment. We will still look for a tour, but will probably find something that day once we are off the ship for much cheaper than we paid. How will the refund be processed? Does it go back on the card I paid with, or is it OBC?

The times I have cancelled an excursion prior to boarding resulted in a refund to the credit card I originally used to charge the tour.

Makes me laugh when a charge can show up the next day while a refund generally takes a bit longer.

• 1 month later...
Makes me laugh when a charge can show up the next day while a refund generally takes a bit longer.

Cruise lines process their refunds immediately. The delays in getting the money back into your account are based on how your financial institution or credit card company handles "chargebacks."

It depends on when you cancel. If you cancel before boarding you will receive a credit on your CC, if you cancel after you board, it will show as an OBC.

This what is on the website under the FAQs:

Can I cancel or add to my shore tour order?

Online: Orders must be cancelled online and no cancellation charges will be assessed if done prior to the pre-sail cut-off time (11:30pm ET, the evening prior to the cruise departure). Any cancellations done afterwards must be handled on board. In the event of pre-sailing, online cancellations, a full refund will automatically be posted to the credit card used to secure the order. Please allow 5-7 business days for the credit to reflect on your account.

Onboard: After the pre-sails cut off time, cancellations must be handled on board and cancellation charges are as follows:

25% charge once onboard

100% charge if cancellation within 24 hours of arrival in port

Refunds less cancellation charges will be applied in the form of a credit to the guest's Sail & Sign account.

Sail & Sign credit balances will be paid to the guest in the form of a Carnival check at the end of the voyage.

The times I have cancelled an excursion prior to boarding resulted in a refund to the credit card I originally used to charge the tour.

Exactly!!! Why can they take money within minutes but it takes a week to get it back? Especially since you may want to use that $$$ to book another excursion.