Ant and Dec show on Britannia

tartanexile81

We were on Britannia in October, Ant and Dec came on for a couple of days to do some filming for Saturday Night Takeaway.

Although the actual filming didn't take long, it was done round the pool, we had a great time and hope to spot ourselves when it is broadcast.

We also saw some filming in the atrium.

We were on Britannia in October, Ant and Dec came on for a couple of days to do some filming for Saturday Night Takeaway.

Although the actual filming didn't take long, it was done round the pool, we had a great time and hope to spot ourselves when it is broadcast.

We also saw some filming in the atrium.

The filming done in October was not for Saturday Night Takeaway but for a new programme due to be screened in 2016 called Battlechefs this has been confirmed by P&O this morning on Facebook.

The filming done in October was not for Saturday Night Takeaway but for a new programme due to be screened in 2016 called Battlechefs this has been confirmed by P&O this morning on Facebook.

There were 2 programmes being filmed, the cooking one and Ant and Dec.

There were 2 separate shows being filmed on B523. The one you mentioned and the Ant & Dec one. There were chiefs and Celebs falling over themselves.

It has been confirmed Ant and Dec will appear on Britannia on the 27th March 2016 sailing. (show is on 2nd April). This will mean an extra day in Barcelona and the stop off at Cartagena and Cannes cancelled.

We have been offered full refunds if we wish.

We saw them doing their Takeaway show in Glasgow last year and found them hilarious. Loved their clever off-the cuff one liners. The only thing that spoiled the show was they had someone from TOWIE as a guest announcer and I can't stand that show

Edited by tartanexile81

I am going on this Easter Med break. It is my wife's and children's first cruise and I wanted to show them as many ports of call as I could in europe.

I am feeling a little disappointed that 2 ports have now been cancelled.

I didn't book this cruise to see Ant and Dec.

I have looked for alternatives, in the Caribbean, Med or Asia but there is nothing suitable for the Easter holidays, otherwise I would have asked for a refund.

• 1 month later...
I would be very disappointed if Cartagena and Cannes were cancelled. We enjoyed Cartagena a lot.

Me too. We seem to visit Barcelona on every med cruise that we have done but Cartagena and Cannes are less frequent. I love Barcelona but for me one day is enough because we are just revisiting the same sights.

I like A&D but I would imagine that filming S.N.T. could be quite disruptive so I would probably take the refund and go on another cruise. When we were looking for our next cruise saw that the filming was taking place so we immediately discounted that cruise and are going on Ventura 8th April instead. As a second thought I would rather be on a cruise visiting Barcelona for 2 days with A&D than not cruising at all :D:D:D

Edited by Josy1953

I noticed yesterday on a site how "cheap" this cruise was! I would be tempted but it's in the school holidays so no way -lots of kids plus the possible disruption due to the filming!

I shall content myself watching the programme and hoping we get a good look at the ship because I haven't tried her yet!

I find A&D ok but wouldn't want to cruise with a show being filmed, I wouldn't know most celebs if they passed me in the street but cameras and restrictions where you can go would really bug me. Perhaps the price is deliberately low because of the disruption and to bring it into the family price range - they're going to need a lively crowd...

Perhaps by lowering the price they wish to encourage younger cruisers. more telegenic ;-) with families on this one

Haha crossed in the post, I thought exactly the same - they want to promote to younger demographics so they need to manage that accordingly.

I have booked it. If you look round you can get it for £750 inside or £950 balcony then try calling a couple of agents. Two weeks for that money is a great deal. You can always get off the boat whilst they are in Barcelona

Hi, was wondering where you saw it for that price ?

Every time I read about a cheap cruise price I can't help thinking about Newton's third law: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

The opposite reaction, to those of us who have been cruising for many years is the present lowering of almost every standard including and possibly the most important, the food quality.

At the end of the day we only get what we pay for.

David.

Hee hee, I would need a refund if Ant & dec were on my cruise. Can't bear them. LOL (don't like Marmite either)
This looks like good grounds to cancel a cruise !!! wont dwarfs feel out of place on a big ship ? plus the glare off the baldy heads !!! ugggggg no thanks

Every time I read about a cheap cruise price I can't help thinking about Newton's third law: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

The opposite reaction, to those of us who have been cruising for many years is the present lowering of almost every standard including and possibly the most important, the food quality.

At the end of the day we only get what we pay for.

David.

I have to agree with you about the food. Every night it's roast meat with two veg. Very little of anything different. We're on Fred in May, so will see if that's any better.