Cruise from USA

lb0456

Are there cruises that start in USA, like California or even Hawaii that go to Australia and New Zealand? Would like to go when their weather is warm. Wouldn't hurt to hit Fiji too.

There are re positioning cruises in the spring and fall. In the fall they start on the west coast and go to Australia for the winter . In the spring the reverse happens. Except the Pacific Princess comes back Fort Lauderdale via Los Angeles. It then start a World Cruise. There usually segments that do what you are asking.

If your thinking of cruising to Aust/NZ in Jan and then returning back to the US on the a ship your probably ouy of luck on that.

Are there cruises that start in USA, like California or even Hawaii that go to Australia and New Zealand? Would like to go when their weather is warm. Wouldn't hurt to hit Fiji too.

Yes...sure are.....but you have to fit in with their programme.

They fall into 2 categories......repositioning cruises and World Cruise segments.

RCCL and Princess send ships down here for our summer cruising season.

Several companies do a World Cruise and will sell segments ,some from the Mainland and some from Hawaii.

Are you wanting a one-way or a round trip? We are doing a portion of Princess cruises "Circle the Pacific" in June 2016. We are flying to Sydney and sailing back to San Francisco where we will debark. If you wish you could board the Sun Princess on August 9 and sail back to Sydney with stops in Hawaii, Tahiti, and New Zealand. The people doing the entire cruise Sydney to Sydney are on board for 75 days. We are getting off after 50 days.

Thanks. What cruise line?

Pretty much all of them.

Some offer a repositioning cruise Oct to Aus April from Aus. Many also offer a leg of another cruise a World Cruise or something like he Circle Pcific mentioned above.

Certainly Princess also offer a round trip Syd to Hawaii pretty much every year, I guess the sell tha in segments, I've never looked closely.

Katisdale - This summer we are doing Alaska on our Motorhome. Was thinking of fall or spring 2017. One way or round trip. I found an almost perfect cruise from vancouver, BC on Holland America but that cruise line is super boring on Sea days, was hoping to find something else. I am going great to look at the one you are talking about. Thanks!

One way Canada or USA to Australia around September, or back around April with Princess or Holland America . Princess US to aus or vv as part of round world trip starting Sydney mid year .

Oceania ex South America artound February to Sydney and back to US around April. Also Oceania round the world segments Sydney to US around May .

For 2017 you can take the Queen Elizabeth down to Sydney from California (Feb), have two weeks in AUstralia and then take the queen Victoria back to California(March). I believe one or both stop in New Zealand as well.

Sorry...this is Cunard line in case you don't know the ships. Check out their website.

• 1 month later...

Holland America a 38 day March cruise that starts in Sydney, goes to New Zealand and hits several south pacific islands including Fiji & Hawaii. In Sept. they have a 39 day that goes from San Diego in the reverse direction. That's the one we're booked on.

Utahtea

Some lines will do it as a b2b....ie we our on the Solstice in April ....Sydney to Honolulu...then Honolulu to Vancouver or Seattle .

You won't be able to go on to Seattle if you board in Honolulu. It's an American law "You can't board in one American port and disembark in another American port without visiting a distant foreign port. Vancouver doesn't qualify as a distant foreign port. "

You won't be able to go on to Seattle if you board in Honolulu. It's an American law "You can't board in one American port and disembark in another American port without visiting a distant foreign port. Vancouver doesn't qualify as a distant foreign port. "

Doesn't affect us as we are getting off in Vancouver, but many on the Roll call boards talk about the next leg and continuing on to Seattle.

Pretty much all of them.

Some offer a repositioning cruise Oct to Aus April from Aus. Many also offer a leg of another cruise a World Cruise or something like he Circle Pcific mentioned above.

Certainly Princess also offer a round trip Syd to Hawaii pretty much every year, I guess the sell tha in segments, I've never looked closely.

I was also going to suggest boarding in Honolulu and cruising to Sydney via French Polynesia and a few other S. Pacific ports. We are on this cruise for August-September 2017.

Edited by Kinkacruiser