Set Sail Pass - not everyone needs one, right?

batt01

We have one cabin with 5 people. 1 of these 5 (me) is using my credit card for three of the guests on board expenses. 1 of these 5 (my mother) is using her credit card for two of the guests' on board expenses.

When I go to print our Set Sail Passes it only gives us 1 for me and 1 for my mom. The other three do not have Set Sail Passes in their name.

Correct? The reason she and I each have one is because my mom is using her credit card to pay for additional expenses for herself and dad. If she were not doing this (let's say I was using my card for all 5) we would only have ONE Set Sail Pass under my name.....correct?

We have one cabin with 5 people. 1 of these 5 (me) is using my credit card for three of the guests on board expenses. 1 of these 5 (my mother) is using her credit card for two of the guests' on board expenses.

When I go to print our Set Sail Passes it only gives us 1 for me and 1 for my mom. The other three do not have Set Sail Passes in their name.

Correct? The reason she and I each have one is because my mom is using her credit card to pay for additional expenses for herself and dad. If she were not doing this (let's say I was using my card for all 5) we would only have ONE Set Sail Pass under my name.....correct?

Probably. Not sure as only 4 people can be on the same booking, but I'm not 100% sure if that limit also applies to the SetSail.

Look at the SetSail passes. The names of all the guests should be listed. You should have 3 guests on one pass and two guests on the other. If that is the case, you are good to go.

Edited by clarea

EVERY person needs a SetSail boarding pass to get the SetSail room key with is needed to get on and off the ship. So yes, EVERYONE needs a SetSail pass. Make sure you fill one one for all five people.

You should be able to see the other people's names on the two set sail passes, in your case, three names on one and two names on the other. The two that are paying will then have to sign the set sail pass.

At check in, they will issue sea passes for all five individuals.

EVERY person needs a SetSail boarding pass to get the SetSail room key with is needed to get on and off the ship. So yes, EVERYONE needs a SetSail pass. Make sure you fill one one for all five people.

That is incorrect. DH and I are always on ONE SetSail Pass - it shows both of our names - for check in at the pier.

Incorrect.....OP, look at your SetSail passes. At the top, in the box, it will show the primary pass holder's name then below that should be some smaller boxes with those names linked to the primary and the primary listed. Example, mine for next week has my name listed then below there are 4 boxes which list me, hubby, and both grandsons. I only have to bring 1 SetSail Pass to get all 4 of us checked in.

Now if you used just your credit card for onboard acct, then I believe it would be 1 SetSail pass listing you as primary and showing all 5 of you below the top information box.

That is incorrect. DH and I are always on ONE SetSail Pass - it shows both of our names - for check in at the pier.

Then you both have a SetSail pass. I didn't say there could be more than one name on the pass, just that everyone (meaning EVERYONE'S name has to be on a SetSail pass). In addition, you have the option to print out a separate pass for each person.

Nonetheless, EVERYONE has to have a SetSail pass.

Then you both have a SetSail pass. I didn't say there could be more than one name on the pass, just that everyone (meaning EVERYONE'S name has to be on a SetSail pass). In addition, you have the option to print out a separate pass for each person.

Nonetheless, EVERYONE has to have a SetSail pass.

Cuizer2...I apologize, as I read your post differently :) But yes everyone has to have their name on a SetSail pass in order to get through security to get checked in. I thought your were saying everyone should have had their own SetSail pass paper lol. BTW, just for future purposes and because I'm nosey, how do you print out a separate pass for each person because I've not seen that option since everyone is linked to my cc each cruise.

... how do you print out a separate pass for each person because I've not seen that option since everyone is linked to my cc each cruise.

You just print the same SetSail pass multiple times and give a copy to each person whose name is on it.

Incorrect.....OP, look at your SetSail passes. At the top, in the box, it will show the primary pass holder's name then below that should be some smaller boxes with those names linked to the primary and the primary listed. Example, mine for next week has my name listed then below there are 4 boxes which list me, hubby, and both grandsons. I only have to bring 1 SetSail Pass to get all 4 of us checked in.

Now if you used just your credit card for onboard acct, then I believe it would be 1 SetSail pass listing you as primary and showing all 5 of you below the top information box.

What is really interesting is that I went to print the Set Sail passes immediately after filling out all the documents. The printouts did not have much information at all on them (including the names of my father and husband). About a half hour later I looked at them again and those little boxes were all listed. SO I had to print our everything again.

Royal Caribbean's computer system is driving me nuts today !

Thank you for your help!

What is really interesting is that I went to print the Set Sail passes immediately after filling out all the documents. The printouts did not have much information at all on them (including the names of my father and husband). About a half hour later I looked at them again and those little boxes were all listed. SO I had to print our everything again....

I've seen the same behavior with printing the SetSail pass. Sometimes it has our C&A level, sometimes it doesn't.

You just print the same SetSail pass multiple times and give a copy to each person whose name is on it.

I have been in a cabin with six people and I was able to print out a separate SetSail pass for myself. That was in 2007 and I don't recall how it was done. On my next cruise I am traveling solo. So I will not be able to see how it was done.

However, while your idea will work, there reason I printed out my SetSail pass separately is because each of us had different travel arrangements and I didn't want to take any chances of one showing up and one not.

Now that I think about it, it may be something that has to be done when you fill out the SetSail or it may be that it is address driven or I might be getting my cruises on Carnival confused with my cruises on Royal Caribbean because I've done this on Carnival (both with a group of five in two cabins and a group of two in one cabin).

I'm more than 90 days out from my next cruise, so I can't even get into the SetSail pass to even see if I can find it.

What is really interesting is that I went to print the Set Sail passes immediately after filling out all the documents. The printouts did not have much information at all on them (including the names of my father and husband). About a half hour later I looked at them again and those little boxes were all listed. SO I had to print our everything again.

Royal Caribbean's computer system is driving me nuts today !

Thank you for your help!

All that proves is that you are faster than Royal Caribbean's computers, which is not surprising to those of us who have cruised with Royal Caribbean for a number of years.

I have been in a cabin with six people and I was able to print out a separate SetSail pass for myself. That was in 2007 and I don't recall how it was done. On my next cruise I am traveling solo. So I will not be able to see how it was done.

However, while your idea will work, there reason I printed out my SetSail pass separately is because each of us had different travel arrangements and I didn't want to take any chances of one showing up and one not.

Now that I think about it, it may be something that has to be done when you fill out the SetSail or it may be that it is address driven or I might be getting my cruises on Carnival confused with my cruises on Royal Caribbean because I've done this on Carnival (both with a group of five in two cabins and a group of two in one cabin).

I'm more than 90 days out from my next cruise, so I can't even get into the SetSail pass to even see if I can find it.

In the Royal world, for US/Canadian bookings, if a person does not want to share their credit card with another, or if they don't want to accept the cruise agreement on behalf of another, then they get a SetSail pass with only their own name on it.

If for any reason some will be arriving later then the main person on the Set Sail passes then an additional one should be printed out so they have it when they check in, otherwise if your all arriving together then only the main person for that room needs to have one as long as all names on listed on each individual set sail pass.

In the Royal world, for US/Canadian bookings, if a person does not want to share their credit card with another, or if they don't want to accept the cruise agreement on behalf of another, then they get a SetSail pass with only their own name on it.

Okay, maybe that was how I was able to do it.

Thanks everyone for the clarification on separate SetSail paperwork. I'm in the planning stages of a big family cruise and I will have some other family members in the room with me and I definitely DO NOT want to associate my credit card with them...if ya know what I mean lol. I love them dearly but I know they would charge away :eek: