i am going to be unfaithful

newjoisey

we are sailing with royal caribbean [anthem of the seas] for a week to Nassau.Our small cruising history of ten or so cruises has always been with cunard :)Having read some threads on the ships CC forum we are not expecting cunard type service but we have cruised enough to know how to get around things. A few months ago there was a thread here asking about the ship and i said i will report back if we took the cruise.ssssssoooooo on or after dec 20 i will tell all:D

Hello,freedom of choice is a wonderful thing.I for one hope you very much enjoy,I also hope you will of course return to the line we all love.

Rodger.

already booked .....fla. /cali. via panama canal QV v603. jan/feb ;)i am just having a cheap affair with RC :D.

We have taken one cruise on RCI, also attracted by a ridiculously low fare. Caribbean and out of NOLA (before RCI stopped using NOLA as a port)…. Last December.

We thought the food was very good, service very good, and fellow passengers mellow. We expected very little in the way of dress code and had that expectation met.

Had a nice time.

RIC will never replace Cunard in our hearts, but it was a pleasant experience. Sun and warmth in the winter! How could this not be nice?

Have a great cruise, newjoisey!

It's nice to have choice.

The key for me is during the sailing to just enjoy the line/ship you are on and not compare it to others. Do that when you are home and can reflect on the cruise.

Enjoy!

Keith

Also agree with Keith but I have 2 more points. One, variety is the spice of life. Two, whatever cruise line you decide you like best, you will have a full appreciation of why.

Bon Voyage

We have mainly cruised RCI over the past few years (a couple of short P&O in between) but are going on our first Cunard ship on Monday, Queen Victoria.

It is only 3 nights as we have a 12 month old and a 4 year old so can't manage the longer trips at the moment and this is the longest the grandparents can manage.

It has been 18 months since we have been away together. My wife is so excited about being able to dress up in the evenings where as I'm the more informal one.

But as others have said it is nice to have the choice of lines.

we are sailing with royal caribbean [anthem of the seas] for a week to Nassau.Our small cruising history of ten or so cruises has always been with cunard :)Having read some threads on the ships CC forum we are not expecting cunard type service but we have cruised enough to know how to get around things. A few months ago there was a thread here asking about the ship and i said i will report back if we took the cruise.ssssssoooooo on or after dec 20 i will tell all:D

You go for it, just as long as you don't keep comparing it to sophisticated Cunard.

I must say I've often thought I'd like to see what all the hype is all about on these floating block of apartments, but then again, is a floating block of flats or a Shopping Mall experience, or Disneyland at sea my idea of Maritime.

If you are going just to see what all those High Tec Gismo's are all about then that's ok. But don't expect your usual premium/white star sense of occasion ;)

There's one good thing, you certainly won't have to worry about what you need to pack, just as long as you have a clean T shirt and a pair of jogging pants. ;)

Will be looking forward to reading your post/s on your return. Bon Voyage and make the best of it. :)

Weve got QE on saturday which is our 6th cruise with cunard. Never tried anyonelse but have booked britannia in march 2017-kind of nervous about it but figured we wnated to see that ship. Weve decided to go with an open mind and not compare and contrast but just enjoy it

Enjoy it knowing that you are comparing the proverbial apples and oranges.

I'm reminded of a post some years ago where somebody decided to book Carnival because they got an unbelievable price: "How bad can this possibly be?" Three words: "We found out!" :eek:

Weve got QE on saturday which is our 6th cruise with cunard. Never tried anyonelse but have booked britannia in march 2017-kind of nervous about it but figured we wnated to see that ship. Weve decided to go with an open mind and not compare and contrast but just enjoy it

99% of our cruises were on the QM2 then we decided to chance one on the QE ......we were not disappointed. our next cunard cruise is jan/feb on the QV. we have never had a bad cruise with cunard..........that includes the one where we both got noro:eek:

First off - love the title of your post :)

Variety IS the spice of life - I am sure that you will have an excellent time.

We stay in a static caravan on a holiday site for a week every year - chalk and cheese in comparison to a Cunard voyage but we love the caravan holiday for what it is and love Cunard likewise.

Promise that when you do your review you give it a similarly eye catching title..

When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was going to be about:

A) Advice on how to have an affair on a ship

B) Cruising with a different line

In response to the first one, I would have been able to explain that creating a secret cruise card with cash payment other than the main one used by you and your spouse is not possible. I saw a man at the Purser's desk once asking for a special card so he could gamble and avoid his wife's ire. The answer was no.

In response to the second one, I can only say that RCI doesn't look as bad as some of the lines out there. At least it isn't an 'affait' with P&O Australia. If so, I would have advised you immediately get a check up!

I have cruised RCI, Celebrity, P&O, Fred Olsen, Azamara and Cunard and apart from one (Fred) would cruise any of the others and have a ball.

Bellboy I'm sure your comment re the t shirt and jogging pants was meant as a joke as certainly there are some people dressed in that vein but certainly a minority.

The food on my last RCI cruise was much better than Cunard last year (QE).

I don't like the huge ships myself but can honestly say I have never had a bad cruise.

A holiday is what you make it.

Enjoy!

Pat

Edited by Deeliteful

RCCL is not really bad- I started cruising with them back in 1997 - they have so many different ships. I was curious about Anthem and Quantum as well. Their ships up the Raddiance Class have stunning views out at sea. All bigger vessels are more indoor experiences with a lot of gadgets inside and outside!

Well the T- Shirts comment was fun to read- and not really untrue- I agree with Pat- some are really dressed to the nines- but as Pat said- they are in the minority. What you will find is a very very lively athmosphere- with lot´s of advertising throughout the ship- announcements every other hour or so.

In my opionion the total opposite from Cunard! Go with an open mind and you will have fun! If you like to get your tea in the afternoon served- thats not going to happen- it´s self service all around the ship!

I sailed on 8 of their ships- but will never return to them. I am more for the " classic cruise experience" with a great and propper prommenade deck - fine surroundings- elegant atmosphere. Sorry about some spelling glitches- English is not my first langugae!

Michael