Linen Shortage

BigTimeCruiser

This is being tested on selected ships to reduce the load on laundry and stewards plus to have more towels available at the pool.

Makes sense actually, pool towels in the cabins always seemed like a waste, they had to be washed every turnover if you used them or not, if you wanted to go to buffet then pool you would take them with you.

Much easier just to grab one at the pool and toss in a bin when done.

On our Regal cruise 2 weeks ago, we had to ask our stewardess for pool towels for the beach on port days. Couldn't tell if this was new fleet wide or if she was forgetful.

This is being tested on selected ships to reduce the load on laundry and stewards plus to have more towels available at the pool.

Makes sense actually, pool towels in the cabins always seemed like a waste, they had to be washed every turnover if you used them or not, if you wanted to go to buffet then pool you would take them with you.

Much easier just to grab one at the pool and toss in a bin when done.

Why have to run up to Lido to get towels for the beach? The stewards have always supplied them.

Towels at the pool are convenient when I am at the pool.

I like the pool towels in the room, as I use them for after I shower. They are much larger than the ones in the room, and I can wrap it around me, being that I am not a size 2 :D Bu I just grab a couple by the pool and bring them down.

As noted, at Princess Cay they will be available as you disembark and have a drop bin when you reboard (which will also help with sand on board, etc). I assume this will be the same at other beach ports but have not confirmed.

They are not making people sign them out like other lines do so not a huge deal to grab extras on the way back from the buffet, etc if you really need extras offship and keep in cabin, or your steward can bring them. Just was a ton of extra laundry providing them for people who never went to the beach, etc.

Why have to run up to Lido to get towels for the beach? The stewards have always supplied them.

Towels at the pool are convenient when I am at the pool.

I like the pool towels in the room, as I use them for after I shower. They are much larger than the ones in the room, and I can wrap it around me, being that I am not a size 2 :D Bu I just grab a couple by the pool and bring them down.

That's what we do too:D. Just off the Coral and pool towels were always in our cabin.

This topic has been very entertaining. We have never had a problem in our 24 Princess cruises whether B2B or stand-alone with unchanged sheets, dirty towels, dirty napkins, etc. The only thing close to a problem was in December when the shower curtain was changed from floor length to about four inches above the floor. I really have serious doubts about the claims made by some. Dirty sheets left for the next cruisers would not pass health codes in any country.

• 1 month later...

My TA sister tells me of a not-inexperienced cruise customer of hers who she had booked for their first (and now only) Princess cruise. The customer claimed that the bed sheets were not changed once during a 10 day cruise, which absolutely horrified them. They claim they tested it by marking a tiny spot on a sheet when they boarded and it was still there when they left.

The customer also claimed that Princess had the worst food they had ever encountered on a cruise (which is 180 degrees away from our experience on any of our Princess cruises, hence our desperately awaited return to the Regal in 4 weeks), but is it possible that sheets don't get changed for 10 straight days? Not changing them in a cabin for a 7 dayer, maybe...

My TA sister tells me of a not-inexperienced cruise customer of hers who she had booked for their first (and now only) Princess cruise. The customer claimed that the bed sheets were not changed once during a 10 day cruise, which absolutely horrified them. They claim they tested it by marking a tiny spot on a sheet when they boarded and it was still there when they left.

The customer also claimed that Princess had the worst food they had ever encountered on a cruise (which is 180 degrees away from our experience on any of our Princess cruises, hence our desperately awaited return to the Regal in 4 weeks), but is it possible that sheets don't get changed for 10 straight days? Not changing them in a cabin for a 7 dayer, maybe...

Since none of us were there we'll never know if these claims are accurate however I will take them with a grain of salt.

First of all, why does someone mark a sheet? Any experienced cruiser would be aware if there was an issue during their cruise then to report it on the ship and not to their TA post cruise. Every Princess cruise I've sailed (most recently in October) sheets were change regularly & if I was the passenger's TA then I wouldn't give much credibility to anything they said.

Taste is subjective but just because one of your TA sister's clients said the food was the worst ever on a cruise doesn't make it true for anyone else. Our most recent Princess cruise was in October & the food and service was what we expect after sailing dozens of Princess cruises.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions but I find both claims lack credibility but that's merely my opinion. We sailed on the Regal last April & would eagerly sail on the ship again and I would not be worried based on the comments made by one of your TA sister's clients.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Sounds like a person who ENJOYS looking for things to complain about.

THANK YOU for the "Heads Up" to put a face washer on my Cruise Packing List. Pre-cruise, I'm at a hotel in my State Capitol, then staying with my cousins. I DO usually, put a face washer in my sponge bag, but have noted to double-check my packing!

I'm in Australia, does anyone know what type of shops would be likely to sell the small, super-absorbent-think it's micro-fibre but not sure-towels please? I have over 10 months still to go, so could look out for 1, if I knew what type of shop to check. Am used to motels where towels are provided.

I hope this is not going to be happening on other ships.

We only ever use face cloths once at home, so for us to have to pack our own would be horrendous - 2x7x2=28 face cloths just for a week (2 a day for my husband and myself)! Ridiculous! The thought of using one wash cloth all week fills me with horror! Yuk! Lets hope Princess get this situation sorted out pronto!

:eek::eek::eek:

Since none of us were there we'll never know if these claims are accurate however I will take them with a grain of salt.

First of all, why does someone mark a sheet? Any experienced cruiser would be aware if there was an issue during their cruise then to report it on the ship and not to their TA post cruise. Every Princess cruise I've sailed (most recently in October) sheets were change regularly & if I was the passenger's TA then I wouldn't give much credibility to anything they said.

Taste is subjective but just because one of your TA sister's clients said the food was the worst ever on a cruise doesn't make it true for anyone else. Our most recent Princess cruise was in October & the food and service was what we expect after sailing dozens of Princess cruises.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions but I find both claims lack credibility but that's merely my opinion. We sailed on the Regal last April & would eagerly sail on the ship again and I would not be worried based on the comments made by one of your TA sister's clients.

No arguments here. I have the fullest expectation that my sister's customer was one of those unfortunate people who goes through life never satisfied with anything. I suspect in this case, the person went on the cruise believing that Princess didn't live up to their exacting standards as to how often the sheets would be changed and decided to test the system. They came back claiming Princess didn't change their sheets for 10 days.

I can't say anything about someone else's experience but we were just on the Crown and our sheets were changed every couple of days... Towels and washcloths changed daily... If you hang the towels or wash cloths up then they won't change them... If you want them changed...leave them on the floor! Food is a matter of personal choice....as are cruise lines... We love Princess...

I can't say anything about someone else's experience but we were just on the Crown and our sheets were changed every couple of days... Towels and washcloths changed daily... If you hang the towels or wash cloths up then they won't change them... If you want them changed...leave them on the floor! Food is a matter of personal choice....as are cruise lines... We love Princess...

I was on the Royal Princess in Jan. and found it to be the same as you.

My cabin steward changed the pillow cases and sheets every other day he was great!!!

On a cruise a few years back we had a cabin steward that did not do his job well and his boss was watching him. At the start of our second 10 days he was sent home.

Tony