Bringing Xmas Gifts

dntw8up

Hi All -

Meeting up with family on the Liberty Xmas sailing. I'm not flying, so I'm wondering if I can bring wrapped gifts. Also, among these gifts is a bottle of liquor I give my uncle each year, and perfume for my aunt that doesn't comply with TSA liquid limits. RCCL's fine print suggests both of these items aren't allowed. If confiscated will they definitely be returned at the end of the cruise? Not looking to use either item during the trip, but would want both of them back afterwards.

- Thanks

Royal does say that alcohol brought on at initial embarkarkation will not be returned. This could be another rule that is not enforced all the time, but you should be aware of it.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=333&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqId=2608

If you aren't FLYING, the gifts can be wrapped...and you CAN bring any liquids you want.

If you are flying, you should wait to wrap gifts..but perfume can go into your CHECKED bags, as well as the liquor. You cannot carry liquor on the plane in carry on. The perfume, if it's no bigger the 3.4 oz, can be put into your 1 qt. zip loc bag for carry on.

If you aren't FLYING, the gifts can be wrapped...and you CAN bring any liquids you want.

If you are flying, you should wait to wrap gifts..but perfume can go into your CHECKED bags, as well as the liquor. You cannot carry liquor on the plane in carry on. The perfume, if it's no bigger the 3.4 oz, can be put into your 1 qt. zip loc bag for carry on.

When did RCI extend the ability to bring liquor on board as well as 2 750ml bottles of wine??:eek:

When did RCI extend the ability to bring liquor on board as well as 2 750ml bottles of wine??:eek:

She's answering a question about bringing liquor on a plane, not the question the OP asked.:confused:

This is confusing as the liquids I want to bring are liquor and perfume, and I know the liquor isn't allowed. I'm just hoping that since it's an Xmas gift it will be returned if it's confiscated. The liquor gift has been a tradition for many years, and won't be consumed on board, but I doubt that matters. Sigh.

Maybe a gift card with a note so your uncle can buy the liquor when he gets home?

Or, perhaps since you're driving, give him a card and have the wrapped package in the trunk of your car to give him after the cruise.

We love cruising at Christmas - we're on Allure this year the 20th-27th.

We always bring wrapped gifts and have never had a problem. One year we had a singing Christmas tree for our young son, it was making noise through the box and they asked us to open it - but they let it right through once they saw what it was.

I don't have a clue about the alcohol though, as we are not drinkers.