What carnival ship will base in New York in 2017

ncb106

Probably the same ship that is there for 2016.

Which is hysterical because the ship that is there part-time in 2016 (Sunshine) was refurbed for port-intensive cruises and sailings out of NYC are mostly sea-day intensive. At least that was the PR campaign when they ripped out the show lounge and inserted more cabins.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

Which is hysterical because the ship that is there part-time in 2016 (Sunshine) was refurbed for port-intensive cruises and sailings out of NYC are mostly sea-day intensive. At least that was the PR campaign when they ripped out the show lounge and inserted more cabins.

They also added all the water features that are pretty much useless on New England cruise also parts of the other cruises out of NY due to cooler temps

They also added all the water features that are pretty much useless on New England cruise also parts of the other cruises out of NY due to cooler temps

Carnival sails seasonal out of New York, so actually they will be used well.

I'll be cruising solo in one of those 4J Lobby deck cabins next month on the Sunshine and look forward to being so close to the bar and atrium. I hope they add these cabins to all ships in the future.

Whatever ship it is, I hope we can see new itineraries with it. I checked the openings, and there are a few Saturdays where King's Wharf Bermuda has an opening. It would be sweet if Carnival could do a 4 night cruise to Bermuda. yes, I know the island is big and requires many days to see it, but that will surely draw more people back.

Also, I would love it if they added a Journey's cruise during the summer. Nothing insane, probably just an 8 night one-way to San Juan, and another back. It would bring in a lot of families, and then they could test this new Journey's program out on a cruise with more kids on it. I heard it is doing pretty well!

I just hope whatever ship it is has a retractable poo. It can get pretty cold at night in Canada, and I know those on Sunshine this summer will miss it. Splendor worked the best, because the TV was under the roof, so they could show movies.

I guess that explains the lack of any crowds during the summer months on the beaches of Long Island, Connecticut, Cape Cod, New Hampshire and Maine.