Carnival Upgraded Sail Away Party

clearandsunny

As long as the upgrade doesn't consist of replacing organized group activities and crew members dancing with a TV screen playing music videos (*cough* Playlist Productions *cough*), I'm all for it.

On JH's site he had some interviews and one was with the head of entertainment who said that they were beginning to bring back live entertainment was coming back for the main show room.

I didn't noticed anything different on the Victory last month. Just the normal music party and plenty "drink of the day" booze. I do miss the wobble though :D

They're still doing the wobble? Carnival made me hate this song and dance. On a 7 day cruise, we must have heard this about 3 times per day.

Please tell me they stopped dancing to this song on the Lido deck

They're still doing the wobble? Carnival made me hate this song and dance. On a 7 day cruise, we must have heard this about 3 times per day.

Please tell me they stopped dancing to this song on the Lido deck

I think they took it off constant rotation sometime before the summer. I haven't heard it on Lido as much during my last few cruises. It became the Carnival anthem for awhile, you knew you were sailing away when you heard that song come on :)

I didn't noticed anything different on the Victory last month. Just the normal music party and plenty "drink of the day" booze. I do miss the wobble though :D

They don't do the wobble anymore? What about the other line dances that gets the crowd up and pumped?

Lat summer, on the Breeze, it was Uptown Funk. Honestly, watching Matt Mitchem Wobble is not a bad thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Absolutely agree!

Is the Sail Away party for everyone? (first timer, here)

Yes it is! Right after the mandatory muster drill (where they show you where your life boat is) you can go down to the lido deck where the pool is and they have music and dancing. There's usually a drink special too! The deck stays pretty crowded until the ship is out into the ocean and then it starts to taper off and people go to get ready for dinner. You should check it out!! Some cruise directors make it more fun than others, though!

On the 10/25 Dream sailing, there was definitely no upgrade! Due to the weather (remnants of Hurricane Patricia), ours got downgraded to the atrium. And we didn't end up sailing away until around 7 pm, so I was in dinner service anyway. My first cruise, and no sail away party for me. [emoji17]

• 3 weeks later...
Any updates on this? :)

We were on the Triumph cruise that departed on Christmas Eve. The only thing I noticed about the sail away party was that they were handing out free glasses of champagne. Not good champagne mind you, but it was unlimited. I assumed they were doing that was just because it was Christmas, but maybe that's the upgrade? The actual sail away party was pretty short lived.