To Blu or not to Blu that is the question.

ProfessorEFFE

Hello All just back from the Constellation 12/12/15. I have seen lots of questions on the board asking is blu worth it. I am going to give you my impressions, to take with a grain of salt perhaps, in hopes of helping you to make a decision.

1) Different stateroom.

a) aslightly (if any) larger

b) Iced Tea delivered every day (different flavors like rasberry too)

c) Interesting shower

d) slightly better amenities

e) aroma therapy (nice tranquil scent very subtle)

2) Dining @ Blu

a) Mostly tables for 2. your table location usually changes every meal

1) Tables are very close together

i) Mostly causes very nice conversations

b) How the Cuisine tastes

1) Very subjective ... I happpen to love it

2) Not lots of sauces but lots of flavor.

c) Open for Breakfast and dinner. My wife tells me the french toast is to die for.

3) Persian Gardens

a) Relaxing

b) special chairs

c) Sauna

d) separate changing rooms

Blu is a separate dining section. And generally there is a little wait 30 mins max has been my experience. The staff is amazing and learn your tastes quite rapidly. We have experienced blu 2 times. Once on the Solstace in 2009 and Dec 7 2015. When we first went to blu, you were given a dining time and a permanent table assignment. This is good to prevent waiting, bad for anytime dining. The permanent table assignment is great if you like your surrounding Blu mates but bad if you don't. Food wise I think the 2009 Cruise was a bit tastier than the 2015 Cruise, but slight.

I only ate in the MDR 1 time for lunch so I have no comparison on this last cruise. Although We did have some conversation with the table next to us concerning the quality. She thought Blu was MUCH better and well worth the extra expense. So do I and our next 3 cruises will be in Aqua Class speciifically for Blu.

I hope my observations help you to make a decision if you're on the edge of one.

When we first went to blu, you were given a dining time and a permanent table assignment. This is good to prevent waiting, bad for anytime dining. The permanent table assignment is great if you like your surrounding Blu mates but bad if you don't.

We have sailed AQ and BLU 5 times between 2010 and 2015 - Summit, Summit, Infinity, Eclipse, Silhouette. We have NEVER, EVER had a permanent table assignment. In fact, on our most recent cruise (Summit 2015) we specifically asked for one, since we were a party of 6, and were told by the Maitre D' that it was not possible.

I personally thought Blu was even better than suite dining! I know, how could I say that? I just did!:D

Wow--we thought so as well on our Silhouette cruise this past September! I thought we were the only folks out there. :D We really like Blu and AQ is our first choice if price is reasonable.

I personally thought Blu was even better than suite dining! I know, how could I say that? I just did!:D

Wow--we thought so as well on our Silhouette cruise this past September! I thought we were the only folks out there. :D We really like Blu and AQ is our first choice if price is reasonable.

I'm glad to hear that because we have our first AQ cabin coming up in the Spring, but they have been cutting the price of the Sky Suites and I keep wondering if it's worth the upcharge to try Luminae. Then I remember that my aft balcony is a much better location than any Sky Suite -- and now I can reassure myself that Blu is as good as it gets! [i won't read any more reviews until the cruise, because I'm not going to let anyone else's opinion interfere with this one! :)]

We have sailed AQ and BLU 5 times between 2010 and 2015 - Summit, Summit, Infinity, Eclipse, Silhouette. We have NEVER, EVER had a permanent table assignment. In fact, on our most recent cruise (Summit 2015) we specifically asked for one, since we were a party of 6, and were told by the Maitre D' that it was not possible.

On Eclipse in May, there were four couples, including us, who had never met before. Each night we were seated at 4 adjacent tables in a row. It became a joke to see which couple would get the window table. We all got along so well that the last night one couple requested that the 4 tables be pushed together and we dined as a group. It really was wonderful and it never would have happened if we hadn't been given the same table or one next to it each night.

Never had a suite, have had 2 cruises in AQ. Blu is awesome in comparison with other MDR experiences I have had on other lines. Aft cabin (1138 on Summit) was awesome!! Wish we had it on Connie in a few weeks, but will still enjoy our cruise to the utmost! ENJOY!!!

Edited by lawgeek

Never sailed Aqua but as a suite guest pre Luminae we loved Blu for breakfast! So relaxing to sit and be waited on without the chaos of the buffet or the drawn out experience in the MDR. Also loved the Muesli made to order!

Blu on Constellation must have been going through a bad patch when we were on.

Appalling food.

Pleased to see it has improved.

Just off the Connie last week and the food in Blu was well prepared.

It also was boring. Duck three days in a row, for example. Worse, there was nothing on the menu that couldn't be prepared as well by a good home cook such as me. Little challenged the chef, it seems.

The menu description varied tremendously from the plated food.

Service was excellent, as was the ambiance, compared to the barn known as the MDR.

BTW for my taste the table for two second from the window is best.

We'll be on the Eclipse for 23 days in a row coming up. Two in Blu and one cruise in Luminae. "Twill be interesting, but at least I will know it's necessary to question the waiter as to what actually will be served.

Good to know! We'll be sailing on Connie in March and will have access to Luminae and Blu. Our first time sailing with X, and can't wait to try both.

Which did you prefer for breakfast?

I agree with the OP about eating better food at home. I will upset you all as I wondered, what with the glowing compliments, what people ate at home!

Sorry:mad:

This breakfast lark - I went in for four mornings before giving up with their uncooked slimy eggs - and I watched just what people ordered. To start they took a croissant or a Danish to keep them going, then they ordered mueseli and a smoothy before their cooked breakfast etc. The whole day's calories in a meal. Who eats like that at home?

I am just jealous. I could easily eat that but would be hungry like a wolf by 09.00am!

Will keep on having the 35g of porridge and keep on LOVING it:D

It is a good job that we fell into blu because my husband wanted a certain cabin and we didn't book just for blu.

PS my duck died of old age. Souris de agneau was delicious though