Bring our own wine on board.

thesawch

We are doing IOTS in Feb. Are we allowed to bring 1 bottle of wine per person in our carry on bag ??

You can put the wine in carry-on or checked bags. However, to avoid delay in checked bag delivery, it's a good idea to put the wine in your carry-on.

One question to add onto this one as I have seen contradictory answers in other threads... Are you charged a corkage fee to bring them on board? To open in a restaurant/bar?

Thanks for any and all help!!!

No corkage fees anywhere on the ship.

One question to add onto this one as I have seen contradictory answers in other threads... Are you charged a corkage fee to bring them on board? To open in a restaurant/bar?

Thanks for any and all help!!!

It's one of the rare times when RC does something better than Celebrity. RC dropped the corkage fee (for ANYWHERE on the ship). Celebrity still charges. (phooey! :mad:)

Who told you that you can't take those things on board?

How about the Royal website:

Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor, fortified wines or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use on boarding day or while in port. Alcoholic beverages seized on boarding day will not be returned.

Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne onboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports of call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing.

Read more at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=260&faqSubjectId=333&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqType=faq#hRityU74b5qC6cUK.99

How about the Royal website:

Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor, fortified wines or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use on boarding day or while in port. Alcoholic beverages seized on boarding day will not be returned.

Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne onboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports of call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing.

Read more at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=260&faqSubjectId=333&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqType=faq#hRityU74b5qC6cUK.99

Interesting. They finally updated that page on the website. ;)

So, port IS a fortified wine.

Vermouth IS a fortified wine.

Champagne is not.

Q.E.D.

But thanks for your two cents. :D

Interesting. They finally updated that page on the website. ;)

So, port IS a fortified wine.

Vermouth IS a fortified wine.

Champagne is not.

Q.E.D.

But thanks for your two cents. :D

Yes, but they likely won't check. I didn't see security open a single carry on to look at what type of wine was brought on. Now why someone would want 750 mL of port or Vermouth is beyond me.

Yes, but they likely won't check. I didn't see security open a single carry on to look at what type of wine was brought on. Now why someone would want 750 mL of port or Vermouth is beyond me.

I like port. I can see a couple enjoying a glass of port each on their balcony, every night. ;)

Yes, I would not mind enjoying a glass of good port either. But I would not want to risk them confiscating any port good enough to drink upon boarding, so I will stick to the clearly allowed wine or champagne.

Also interesting to note that they finally clearly stated that the two bottles should be brought on in carry on. I participated in a few threads arguing that checked luggage was ok, and it was for a number of cruises for me. Then they finally kept my bag in the naughty room a few cruises back. I gave in to having to carry on after that. Now it is official.

BobJ

Also interesting to note that they finally clearly stated that the two bottles should be brought on in carry on. I participated in a few threads arguing that checked luggage was ok, and it was for a number of cruises for me. Then they finally kept my bag in the naughty room a few cruises back. I gave in to having to carry on after that. Now it is official.

BobJ

I think they do screenings similar to airports, meaning they don't check EVERY bag, maybe 10-20% of them. Two main advantages to bringing in your carry-on:

1) Less chance of breakage.

2) No trip to the "naughty room"

Yes, I would not mind enjoying a glass of good port either. But I would not want to risk them confiscating any port good enough to drink upon boarding, so I will stick to the clearly allowed wine or champagne.

BobJ

Where are you seeing that it states carry on?

Where are you seeing that it states carry on?

It was in my EDocs for our upcoming Oasis cruise in January (Red highlight mine):

"Alcohol Policy

Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor,

fortified wines (vermouth, sherry, sake, and port wines)

or nonalcoholic beverages onboard for consumption

or any other use. Guests may bring personal wine or

champagne onboard only on embarkation day, limited to

two (2) bottles (no boxes) of 750 ml each per stateroom.

Wine should be brought onboard via carry on if possible.

Luggage containing wine or champagne will not be

delivered to the stateroom and guests will need to retrieve

their luggage from security once the ship has set sail.

Only staterooms with at least one (1) guest over 21 years

of age are eligible to bring bottles of wine or champagne

onboard. Guests may request a corkscrew to use for

opening bottles in their stateroom.

Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are

brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in

ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the

ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the

sailing.

Security may inspect the bottles and if they appear to

have been tampered with, they will not be allowed to be

brought onboard. Security may also inspect containers

(water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.)

and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Alcoholic

beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned."

BobJ

Actually, bringing a bottle of a nice tawny port is a pretty good idea! I love a good port with dessert. We couldn't drink a bottle in a week, but we could share!

It was in my EDocs for our upcoming Oasis cruise in January (Red highlight mine):

"Alcohol Policy

Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor,

fortified wines (vermouth, sherry, sake, and port wines)

or nonalcoholic beverages onboard for consumption

or any other use. Guests may bring personal wine or

champagne onboard only on embarkation day, limited to

two (2) bottles (no boxes) of 750 ml each per stateroom.

Wine should be brought onboard via carry on if possible.

BobJ

Thanks, never noticed that change. Was in my edocs for our cruise this past September, just missed it as we always carry on our wine. Might be time to read our edocs again for any other changes.;):)