Dining:Freedom

12 January Day 12 Antigua

Arrive early morning

Depart early evening

Dining:Freedom

13 January Day 13 St Kitts

Arrive early morning

Depart early evening

still no port times on Cruise Personaliser to plan our Excursions can anyone full in times Thank You :)

Really annoying isn't it? It's not as though they don't know - they have to book the berths!!!!!! They have an agenda i believe in not being up-front with timings. I don't think they will appear on your Personaliser - they never do in my experience although looking at the advertised excursion timings can give you a guide.

Of course it's not set in stone, and these are not always right as some ships don't appear (including my next trip!:rolleyes: ) but I've found this site helpful. I've found Britannia in January so should be pretty much as planned.

http://ships.cruisett.com/schedule/PO_Cruises/Britannia/January_2016/

Happy planning!

Incidentally it also tells you which other ships are in port (although as said before it does have omissions so don't be surprised if other ships are there too) and if you click on them, it will show their arrival and departure times which can be useful when planning to see if you arrive before others and get first dibs on taxis, sun beds etc!! ;)

Edited by kruzseeka

still no port times on Cruise Personaliser to plan our Excursions can anyone full in times Thank You :)

They will never publish more detailed times storeman. As kruzseeka has said, cruisett.com is good, or call P&O on 02380 655000 and ask to be told the times for each port. I did this about 3 months ahead of our Christmas cruise and was not only told arrival and departure times, but even the pier or berth, with the result that some of our ports which were listed as possible tender ports in fact are not. I know this can change, but it was a big help for planning DIY excursions.

I agree with kruzseeka that P&O have a hidden agenda: if you don't know times it's harder to plan DIY excursions. Same with the fact they no longer tell you which nights are formal nights until you are aboard. Again I know this can be subject to change, but it is nice to have an idea. For instance I would expect New Year's Eve to be a formal night, but it's the night before we disembark, which would then seem to be impractical if cases have to be out by 10 pm. I'd look well sweeping through Gatwick in a full-length gown at 05.00, especially if there's a foot of snow outside! :D

Edited by groovechick
Typo

I normally find out the times by looking at each port authority website. You then will also know which other ships are in port the same time as you. However, we did a p and o cruise in the summer and I just rang and asked them. Useful information as we don't do ship excursions as we like to arrange our own.

DayDestinationArrival Date/TimeDeparture Date/Time

1Bridgetown Barbados01/01/2016-01/01/2016-

2Bridgetown Barbados02/01/2016-02/01/201621:00

3At Sea03/01/2016---

4Grenada04/01/201607:0004/01/201618:00

5Isla Margarita, Venezuela05/01/201608:0005/01/201618:00

6At Sea06/01/2016---

7Curacao07/01/201608:0007/01/201623:00

8Oranjestad, Aruba08/01/201608:0008/01/201618:00

9At Sea09/01/2016---

10Tortola, B.v.i.10/01/201608:0010/01/201618:00

11Philipsburg, St. Maarten11/01/201608:0011/01/201623:00

12St Johns, Antigua12/01/201608:0012/01/201618:00

13St Kitts13/01/201608:0013/01/201618:00

14At Sea14/01/2016---

15Bridgetown Barbados15/01/201607:00--

I have found these times on a cruise agency's website which match the times on cruisett

I'd love to find out for my cruise too. I know you're not allowed to mention the agent by name but could you give is a clue :)

The website I used is called go.cruising(dot)co.uk and their times were quite accurate and match the derails provided by the port authorities

Regarding the suggestions of the hidden agenda, it's likely that P&O try to mitigate risk. If they publish times and we book private excursions, then the times change there is a strong likelihood that people may seek compensation...

Regarding the suggestions of the hidden agenda, it's likely that P&O try to mitigate risk. If they publish times and we book private excursions, then the times change there is a strong likelihood that people may seek compensation...

The majority of cruise lines post the times that they will be in port and then put a disclaimer saying that port times may change. I think this way is good as it gives people an idea of the times they will be in port. P&O use PR language to spin negatives into positives " we don't release times because we don't want to disappoint people if things change"

I like the times for the Caribbean cruise on Britannia as it will give me a chance to see some of the islands in the evening which is quite rare on most Caribbean cruises

A word of caution: following the posts by Chigley I decided to check the port authority websites for our cruise. Most tied in with cruise.tt and what I had been told by P&O, but according to the St Maarten port authority, we leave our berth at 17.00, not 23.00 as I was told by P&O. Don't know which is right - gave me a bit of a wobble, but even if we do leave at 17.00 we should still be back in good time (2 hours leeway) from the tour we've booked.

I absolutely understand what you're saying Florry, but I agree with dallas16 - P&O could give the times and a strong disclaimer saying "If you've made your own arrangements don't blame us if the situation changes". In fact the companies/individuals I've booked tours with all say that if times change/we can't dock due to weather or other circumstances, then they won't charge. :)

A word of caution: following the posts by Chigley I decided to check the port authority websites for our cruise. Most tied in with cruise.tt and what I had been told by P&O, but according to the St Maarten port authority, we leave our berth at 17.00, not 23.00 as I was told by P&O. Don't know which is right - gave me a bit of a wobble, but even if we do leave at 17.00 we should still be back in good time (2 hours leeway) from the tour we've booked.

I absolutely understand what you're saying Florry, but I agree with dallas16 - P&O could give the times and a strong disclaimer saying "If you've made your own arrangements don't blame us if the situation changes". In fact the companies/individuals I've booked tours with all say that if times change/we can't dock due to weather or other circumstances, then they won't charge. :)

The last 2 times we have been to st maarten with P&O it has been either 20:00 or 20:30 departure although all documentation said early evening.

If you have your cruise brochure then looking at the times for the excursions will give you useful information

We think P&O do lots of half days tours now to keep the cost down so don't find the brochure useful any more, when we're trying to plan our own full days out.

Thank you everyone for your input ships.cruisett.com , gives us better idea estimated times of arrival and leaving times , and of course which other cruise ships are in area :)

Our ship doesn't always seem to show in cruisett

We think P&O do lots of half days tours now to keep the cost down so don't find the brochure useful any more, when we're trying to plan our own full days out.

Our ship doesn't always seem to show in cruisett

Just checked our next one and for each port there are times in the afternoon which give a good indication. Eg. In Barbados there is a tour which doesn't get back until 22.00. The other information just says evening so it looks like 22.30 or 23.00.

You can do this for each port. St. Kitts for example is showing 17.30 so I would assume sailing at 18.00 by time of course it will be dark.

I was checking on the marinetraffic app on my iPad which tracks ship locations and it shows that on the last visit to St Maarten, Britannia left after 11pm so I hope it will be the same for our cruise, the app is very good for seeing departure times and the berths where the ships usually dock . The excursion providers always tailor their times to suit the ship arrival time and will be aware if things change

Just checked our next one and for each port there are times in the afternoon which give a good indication. Eg. In Barbados there is a tour which doesn't get back until 22.00. The other information just says evening so it looks like 22.30 or 23.00.

You can do this for each port. St. Kitts for example is showing 17.30 so I would assume sailing at 18.00 by time of course it will be dark.

Well it was a whole lot easier to go to the site recommended by dallas16 and in a couple of minutes I had the complete list downloaded to my laptop

Well it was a whole lot easier to go to the site recommended by dallas16 and in a couple of minutes I had the complete list downloaded to my laptop

It may be easier but is it accurate. Our cruise is in Barbados. The cruise website has us leaving at 18.00 but 2 of the trips do not get back until 19.30 and 22.00. The second is a floor show and dinner. So the time of 22.00 looks right.

So which one do you take.

This has been brought up on a group set up for our cruise.