Suggestions for Princess

Oxo

This is insane. "To punch or not to punch, that is the question." Alright. I will buy into this insanity. Do they give you a lanyard or do you have to get one myself? If they don't give you one, can you buy one onboard? If you buy one onboard, is there a gratuity added and if there is do leave an extra tip for good service? Can you smuggle your own on board? If you get caught, will you get called to the "naughty room?" :confused:

I bring my own bought from another cruise line. I use a walker, and it's so much easier to handle rather then a purse (few of my Cruise clothes have pockets). It's beaded so perfect to wear on formal night.

27926-profile.png

my-cruise-countdown.aspx?dat=01%2F11%2F2016&dest=M&ship=ISMy Cruise Countdown | I'm sailing to Mexico on 01/11/2016 aboard the Carnival Inspiration! Visit Carnival.com to see all Mexico cruises

I cruise for Creme brulee, chocolate melting cake and lobster!

I use a handy little leather card case that another cruise line gave us upon boarding. Keeps my (unpunched) cruise card, my platinum AmEx and my passport card all together in a non-bulging pocket. Convenient. :p

Do you find the passport card useful? Can you use it everywhere or are there places/ports/etc where you need a regular passport? I did get a card when I got my passport but haven't used yet.

Do you find the passport card useful? Can you use it everywhere or are there places/ports/etc where you need a regular passport? I did get a card when I got my passport but haven't used yet.

If you're talking about the Passport cards they now issue I was told that they're not good for people flying back to the US.

I was all ready to get one but what's the use if it can't be used to fly back, especially from somewhere in the Caribbean?

omg.....please do me a favor and punch me in the face if I ever care whether or not my cruise card is punched. Oh, and as an educator who loathes inefficiency, I agree with OP. An easy step by step how-to in the room and a 5 minute tv tutorial would reduce the lines (and potential) frustration in the internet library.

isn't it grand having such first world problems? lol....:o

I take both the book and the card on a cruise. The book stays in the safe. The card is perfect ID for those ports where you need a "government issued photo ID" to get back to the ship, so I take it whenever I go ashore in the Caribbean, Canada or Mexico. In Europe, of course, I have the "book" with me at all times. It's the custom there (except Ireland, where the ship was required to hold the passport so I took the card, but never needed it).

I also use the card for domestic air travel.

Edited by UpcountryTravelers

omg.....please do me a favor and punch me in the face if I ever care whether or not my cruise card is punched. Oh, and as an educator who loathes inefficiency, I agree with OP. An easy step by step how-to in the room and a 5 minute tv tutorial would reduce the lines (and potential) frustration in the internet library.

I agree. Do whatever you want, who really cares? Totally agree first world problem, seeing more and more of these lately. Let's get back to the real world.

Totally agree!!!!

Let's get back to the suggestions for Princess.