Formal Night Black Tie (smaller ships)

BTwurddle

Does anyone with recent experience on the smaller ships, Sovereign class, Vision class or Radiance class recall how many gentlemen opted for full black tie on formal nights? Im sure these days most men opt for just a suit and tie if they even wear a jacket but I was wondering now that dress codes have become more relaxed, full black tie sticks out like a rooster wearing socks even on formal evenings? Thanks and happy cruising everyone!

Does anyone with recent experience on the smaller ships, Sovereign class, Vision class or Radiance class recall how many gentlemen opted for full black tie on formal nights? Im sure these days most men opt for just a suit and tie if they even wear a jacket but I was wondering now that dress codes have become more relaxed, full black tie sticks out like a rooster wearing socks even on formal evenings? Thanks and happy cruising everyone!

I'd estimate around 10% are in black tie.

Is it bad to stand out because you dress so nice?

I'm ok with it.

(BTW, I'm not saying that people should dress up, but saying that if you want to- go for it)

Edited by alfaeric

I don't think you will stand out in a negative way. My DH usually wears a tux or at minimum a dark suit (including on radiance). I agree with spook wife that most people do dress up so even if you're at the higher end of the dressed up crowd you'll still be part of that crowd! We take late dinner and that may have something to do with it - potentially the more family oriented atmosphere of early dinner may be more casual.

C&A told me just yesterday that button down long sleeved shirt and dress pants is acceptable.i didn't want DH to carry formal for one night as the other three nights we will be in the specialty restaurants.

Thank you everyone for your replies. I realize more and more the older I get that I love to ask questions I already know the answers to. I love to see my DH dressed to the nines and as long as we are all paying for tickets..., right? Happy cruising guys!