Auckland suggestions

Maple30

We're on the Princess Dawn on the 12th Jan, and we're looking for suggestions for Auckland. We're interested in the art gallery, but I'm looking for more suggestions on what to do. Does the ship dock near the city, and how far away is it? Any suggestions greatly appreciated, although my husband would be thrilled to have a day of rest on the ship! :D

The Hop On - Hop Off bus stop right outside the wharf. This is a regular service that visits all the main tourist spots in Auckland and very worthwhile if you are a newbie to Auckland.

Of cours the "Sky Tower" is within easy walking distance from the ship. Also worth a visit as is the Museum in The Domain.

Heaps to do in Auckland, yours is the choice. Enjoy.

The Hop On - Hop Off bus stop right outside the wharf. This is a regular service that visits all the main tourist spots in Auckland and very worthwhile if you are a newbie to Auckland.

Of cours the "Sky Tower" is within easy walking distance from the ship. Also worth a visit as is the Museum in The Domain.

Heaps to do in Auckland, yours is the choice. Enjoy.

wanted to do the tower but didn't find enough time as i had gone to Piha , bus got a flat tyre then got a bus with low fuel but didnt run out so all good in end and was lovely there as well

Just a heads up for whats ahead in Auckland...

Be prepared for big changes and upheveals in the City. The underground rail system is about to get underway and will result in some street changes and closures .

The Downtown Shopping Centre is going , and after the rail is put underground a massive glass tower will rise in its place. Albert Street will be trenched for the rail to go through.

[not sure how to make them show fully in post but thumb nails is how they turn up ??]

I use Photobucket dot com.

Upload your images to the site where they are stored in an album.

Select an image and find edit icon and resize to 800+600.

Click on IMG wait until it says copied then paste on here.

I use Photobucket dot com.

Upload your images to the site where they are stored in an album.

Select an image and find edit icon and resize to 800+600.

Click on IMG wait until it says copied then paste on here.

cool thanks will look at that for sure as uploading from the computer they just dont come out as good as they would if they could if at least they looked full size

Edited by Hawka

A lovely walk is to head straight up Queen street and then when you get to Star Bucks, head left and go up into the Albert Park with its lovely gardens and then head back down towards the pier area past the Uni and such, you will get past the train station (worth a look) and be back by the main area. The sky tower is also a great place to get some views and adventure if needed.:D

Edited by MicCanberra