If I don't sleep on my 4-day cruise, will it be like an 8-day cruise?

Revdoll

238. Laps, that is. At 197 yards per lap -- on the Freedom, at least, it's 197 yards per lap. I assume others are at least in the same range -- it will take approximately 238 laps to run 26.2 miles for your onboard marathon.

Well that sounds reasonable 🙄 think I will let my DW give it a shot first. Thanks for the vital info. [emoji125]🏻

This has to be the most ridiculous post, and you people respond. There is no way you can stay up for 96 hours, so why even.

Of course you can.......I was once up for 84 hours (9am Wednesday to 9pm Saturday) and still had trouble falling asleep. This was during a medical crisis.

But seriously, there really isn't much to do between about 2am and 7am. They won't always let you sit on the Lido since they take up all the loungers to clean and the pools and hot tubs aren't open.

The only bar that might be open all night is the one by the pizza place but I'm not really sure about that.

I think it would be a complete bore.

I have pretty long days since I don't need much sleep. I'm usually up by 6am and out on the jogging track, then I'm involved in activities and usually get back to the cabin around 1am. 5 hours of sleep and I'm fully rested and don't feel like I missed anything.

We are leaving on a 4-day cruise from Galveston in 16 days. Wishing now we booked a 7-day cruise, but time off work is the reason we are doing just a 4-day. So DW and I are thinking that if we stay up for the entire cruise it would feel like an 8-day cruise. Any thoughts on what we can do during the wee hours of the mornings? We are not really sure we can endure not sleeping during the cruise, but might as well give it a shot. My DW thinks we will only make it until 10:00 PM on the first night, but I have faith we can do it.

You will be exhausted and have trouble enjoying the 4 days that you have. Chill out and enjoy each day to its fullest then the 4 days will seem like 7.

Y'all have given me some good ideas for my 4-day cruise.

2. Sit by the pool at 2 in the morning, I should have best choice of seats" and I can also help "save seats" for the chair hogs as they come out at 5 AM to claim their recliners for the day.

Here's an idea. About 4AM put something on ALL the loungers, then sit back and see the expressions of the 5AM chair hogs.

Ask some long haul truckers about what little pick-me-ups they use for those difficult stretches. You may fall asleep, but your eyes will still be wide awake!

If they chase you off the main deck to clean it, go hunting for the unadvertised bow decks, where I hear it's nice and windy. That'll keep you awake all night!

If you start to feel drowsy go down the big water slide a few times.

Ask your steward for more ice and pour it over your head. Whee!

Edited by mulewagon

OP I don't know how this happened, but people must have thought you were being literal, and the result made this an amazing thread. Pizza eating zombie soldiers running marathons while trying to help the cleaning crew could be a new hit netflix original!

In all seriousness I don't get much sleep on cruises because I want to pack in as much fun as possible. Wake up at 7:30 AM to 8:00 AM every morning for breakfast, and don't stop until 2:00 AM to 4:00 AM. The piano bar usually closes at midnight but can go longer if there is a good crowd. The comedy club usually has a late night show. The night club can stay open past 3:00 AM sometimes. Late night pizza or room service is always good. Part of what I love about being on a cruise is looking out at the ocean. If you can find a quiet part of the ship without a lot of light, the view of the stars and the water is really amazing.

OP I don't know how this happened' date=' but people must have thought you were being literal, and the result made this an amazing thread. Pizza eating zombie soldiers running marathons while trying to help the cleaning crew could be a new hit netflix original!

In all seriousness I don't get much sleep on cruises because I want to pack in as much fun as possible. Wake up at 7:30 AM to 8:00 AM every morning for breakfast, and don't stop until 2:00 AM to 4:00 AM. The piano bar usually closes at midnight but can go longer if there is a good crowd. The comedy club usually has a late night show. The night club can stay open past 3:00 AM sometimes. Late night pizza or room service is always good. Part of what I love about being on a cruise is looking out at the ocean. If you can find a quiet part of the ship without a lot of light, the view of the stars and the water is really amazing.[/quote']

Hey great idea on the Netflix original, we should approach them with the idea. If they don't go for it, I know the SYFI channel will. They are always showing some kind of crazy B movie late at night.

"Undead Marathoners on the High Seas!" Watch as a accidental below-deck combination of pizza sauce and cleaning products turn a ship load of vacationers into zombies in Reeboks. Thursday at 8:00.

You think I would need to bite the other passengers before they turn into zombies? I'm really not into biting people. But then again, after Staying up for 48 hours cleaning and eating pizza, I may just do about anything.

We will see in another 14-days. I will be sure to post an update of my experiences on the "no sleep" cruise, when I get back home.

At about 5 AM, you can start joining all the early risers, usually the older guys who go for their early morning coffee at the buffet. They have pretty good stories for your entertainment. I like the idea of helping to wipe down the pool area... You can also get to know some of the crew that way! Good luck and report back to give us your experiences...

7-days and I'll be on my 4-day 96 hour stay awake marathon cruise! Taking along a travel Yahtzee game and bought a travel size Pass the Pigs game, also I'm taking my banjo so I can play it in the wee hours of the morning while watch the moon light on the water.

I'll start my zombie marathon at the 52 hour mark.