Seaside eastern itinerary... Seriously!?!?

MeCruise2

Having been waiting patiently for the release of the mscSeaside's Caribbean itinerary, I just lost ALL desire to go on this ship! How can MSC put together such a lousy itinerary?? 7 night cruise stopping in ONLY St Thomas & Nassau as island stops and what they are saying is their new private island. By the time the ship is cleared in STT (1:00pm arrival), there is no possible way to enjoy the splendors of the beaches, full sightseeing and shopping. half the day is gone already!! Then having an arrival time for Nassau at 2:30p is yet another half day gone! Who cares anything about staying in Nassau at night. The crime rate is the highest in the Caribbean and the shops are closed by 6pm. Then they have the ship going to their private island with anotehr afternoon arrival and late stay. Again, who cares about being on their private island at night. Seriously.... nothing to do there.

MSC is competing with some great ships and itineraries and you could have hit a home run by having runs like: MIAMI, AT SEA, ST KITTS, ST MAARTEN, PRIVATE ISLAND, MIAMI... or exchange St Thomas for St Maarten but keep the rest.

COME ON MSC....... as beautiful as this ship is going to be..... you really chose a lousy itinerary!!!! Not for me or my friends or my groups.

Having been waiting patiently for the release of the mscSeaside's Caribbean itinerary, I just lost ALL desire to go on this ship! How can MSC put together such a lousy itinerary?? 7 night cruise stopping in ONLY St Thomas & Nassau as island stops and what they are saying is their new private island. By the time the ship is cleared in STT (1:00pm arrival), there is no possible way to enjoy the splendors of the beaches, full sightseeing and shopping. half the day is gone already!! Then having an arrival time for Nassau at 2:30p is yet another half day gone! Who cares anything about staying in Nassau at night. The crime rate is the highest in the Caribbean and the shops are closed by 6pm. Then they have the ship going to their private island with anotehr afternoon arrival and late stay. Again, who cares about being on their private island at night. Seriously.... nothing to do there.

MSC is competing with some great ships and itineraries and you could have hit a home run by having runs like: MIAMI, AT SEA, ST KITTS, ST MAARTEN, PRIVATE ISLAND, MIAMI... or exchange St Thomas for St Maarten but keep the rest.

COME ON MSC....... as beautiful as this ship is going to be..... you really chose a lousy itinerary!!!! Not for me or my friends or my groups.

If that itin is what you say it is, I'd agree, I would probably find one more to my liking as well....

I booked the 3/3/2018 Eastern Itinerary. St.Thomas, 8 am to 4 pm.

Nassau, 12 pm to 8 pm and their private island 9 am until 11:55 pm.

Guess it all depends on the week you go.

It looks like your itinerary is the correct one. Maybe an operator error at MSC it posting the itinerary:confused::confused:

OP - What week were you looking at?

Charlie

The ship is the destination.

NCL is competing with mainstream cruise lines in this market. For Example:

NCL Escape goes to Nassau, St. Thomas and Tortola.

Oasis OTS goes to St. Thomas, St. Maarten and Nassau.

The comment about Nassau is accurate, but EVERY big ship goes there (or so it seems) so you can't blame MSC.

I can't say anything about St. Kitts because I have yet to go, but St. Maarten is just like St. Thomas, IMO. Beaches, sightseeing, shopping...woohoo.

I really wanted to try The Seaside. The ship looks wonderful,but I too agree the itinerary for seasoned cruisers isn't worth it.

I guess it's different strokes for different folks. I've been to most of the Caribbean destinations multiple times. So for me it's more about the ship than the itinerary.

I was happy to book the Divina for my first MSC cruise. Having 3 sea days is a bonus.

Charlie

I guess it's different strokes for different folks. I've been to most of the Caribbean destinations multiple times. So for me it's more about the ship than the itinerary.

I was happy to book the Divina for my first MSC cruise. Having 3 sea days is a bonus.

Charlie

I agree, for us its more the ship than the destinations. Cant wait to enjoy the YC.

Charlie

That's why I am taking my DH and Grandson on the Divina, one last time. I only get one vacation a year and we enjoy exploring new places as well as great ships.

I agree, for us its more the ship than the destinations. Cant wait to enjoy the YC.

I agree it is more the ship than the ports, anyone that cruises the Caribbean has been to all the ports anyway so whats the big deal. Enjoy the new Seaside.

I am on the fence to book Seaside because of the lousy itineraries.

I just booked Divina to Bermuda from Florida and that's lousy too; only 1 full day in BDA before they rush off at top speed to give you a half a day in Nassau....

By the time the ship is cleared in STT (1:00pm arrival), Then having an arrival time for Nassau at 2:30p. Then they have the ship going to their private island with anotehr afternoon arrival and late stay. Again, who cares about being on their private island at night. Seriously.... nothing to do there.
The research that I have found has two different eastern Caribbean itineraries and neither of them has a Nassau arrival time at 2:30. In 2018, from 1/6 through 3/17, the stops are STT from 8-4, Nassau from 12-8, and Ocean Cay from 9 am- Midnight. From 3/31 through 5/26, it's Nassau 8-230, STT 1 pm-1 am, San Juan 7-2 and Ocean Cay from 1 pm-Midnight. The private island, Ocean Cay is also having bars, restaurants and an amphitheater being built, so there will be things to do after dark.

I could care less where the ship goes, I am booking for the ships at this point. We have pretty much been to most islands, we are looking more for the experience on the ship. Booked May 2018 and don't even know where the ship goes. I will have to go back and look at our booking to see what it was.

I could care less where the ship goes, I am booking for the ships at this point. We have pretty much been to most islands, we are looking more for the experience on the ship. Booked May 2018 and don't even know where the ship goes. I will have to go back and look at our booking to see what it was.

I agree - a Caribbean cruise for me now (with the exception of my Southern Caribbean cruise with new ports in 2017) is just for the ship. Once you've cruised the Caribbean for a decade or more, the thought of a new ship is much more exciting than the destination. I can't wait to try the Seaside!

The ship is the destination.

The ship looks VERY promising! I also like the concept of the private island (albeit, a very small island) ... especially being there until midnight. I could be wrong, but I understand it is "supposed" to be a party atmosphere ... would guess it could relate to Key West, Mardi Gras, or Carnivale (not the cruise line)?

Edited by SDLong329

The comment about Nassau is accurate, but EVERY big ship goes there (or so it seems) so you can't blame MSC.

The Disney Dream is one of only four Disney cruise ships which regularly calls on Nassau ... which sails 3 & 4 night cruises out of Port Canaveral. The Fantasy sails alternating Eastern / Western Caribbean sans Nassau.

my guess they take what left over after big boys in Caribbean :confused:

I really wish MSC start going to Alaska ,Hawaii or Panama Canal ....

I really wanted to try The Seaside. The ship looks wonderful,but I too agree the itinerary for seasoned cruisers isn't worth it.

Just my opinion, but I think it's quite the opposite. You would expect seasoned cruisers to make the ship its destination and not the islands or ports. Frankly, after almost 46 cruises (Divina being #46 in less than a month), all the islands are basically the same for me, but I do love the new ships. We are presently booked on five cruises through and including the Seaside in May of 2018.

If someone is not happy with the itinerary of sailing in the Caribbean ... I'd think there are only a few other options ...

1) Select another region to cruise (possible)

2) Create additional islands in the Caribbean (not likely)

3) Take longer cruises to explore more than traditional Easter / Western Caribbean ports (excellent choice)

As I understand and agree (to a point) that ships are becoming the destination, I find that the ships that continue with the traditions of cruising is what the public really wants and enjoys. You can only do so much water sliding or sexy legs contests but still be able to get off the ship and explore, shop, beach, excursions are what PAX want to do. Why would you find it pleasing to get to a port like St Thomas and only get mid afternoon of daylight to enjoy it. Shopping? The majority still close at 6pm. So the ship is the destination while at sea to keep the herd entertained, but we still want our islands for everything that the islands offer us.

I'm high pinnacle on Royal, shy 100 points from Zenith on Celebrity, top tear on MSC and I still would prefer having the tie to enjoy myself on the island stops. Officers on board the ships will tell you that when their ships are doing overnights or late evening departures, less then 100 people are off their ship after 7pm. Only ones off are the crew - which makes sense. My dear friends at MSC from Rick Sasso and other top executives, they Seaside was built for a top speed of 21 knots. That makes no sense?? Even if that's the 'reason' the drop Nassau which is marked as the worse stop and allow ample time to go somewhere that is worth the stop. The Divina makes and continues to do a better itinerary and that's ashame for their new build. Seaside looks magnificent!! Maybe they'll figure it out.