Devinly Decadence on Anthem is No More

Turtles06

would love it if someone could post the dinner menu(s) from the Solarium Bistro!! RCCL still has Devinly's menu's on their website.

I took a photo of the menu and pictures of the entire dinner buffet last night and will try to post during my cruise, or after I get back on the 15th.

I took a photo of the menu and pictures of the entire dinner buffet last night and will try to post during my cruise, or after I get back on the 15th.

Great - I sail in Feb and had two meals booked at the then called Devenly Decadent - then the dinners where sit down with waiters - from what you said it is just a forward windjammer serving buffet food - not all bad but will for dinner I want full service.

What did you think of the meal by the way.

Great - I sail in Feb and had two meals booked at the then called Devenly Decadent - then the dinners where sit down with waiters - from what you said it is just a forward windjammer serving buffet food - not all bad but will for dinner I want full service.

What did you think of the meal by the way.

Devinly Decadence was not "full service" for dinner. Servers brought your entree, but you served yourself salad, bread, and dessert from a small buffet station. All quite good, and nothing like the ambiance in the Windjammer. (Obviously, I have no idea what it's like now.)

Devinly Decadence was not "full service" for dinner. Servers brought your entree, but you served yourself salad, bread, and dessert from a small buffet station. All quite good, and nothing like the ambiance in the Windjammer. (Obviously, I have no idea what it's like now.)

Yea that is still full service enough for me lots of US reasturants have self serve salad bars which in a lot of cases are better that way. So if I order the main course off a menu - that would be just fine. :cool:

Thanks for the addition information I was not aware. :)

Yea that is still full service enough for me lots of US reasturants have self serve salad bars which in a lot of cases are better that way. So if I order the main course off a menu - that would be just fine.

It's fine with me as well. I spoke to someone who ate there and she enjoyed it and particularly liked the smaller portion dessert buffet since it allowed her to try different things.

Here's the SB menu, direct from the IQ app. I have a feeling that the Forums app may have uploaded it in too low a resolution to be readable so I will try again later when I pull out my laptop. I finally got screen shots of all of the A menus today. I'll hopefully be able to get the B menus when they switch back in 2 days. I hadn't been able to get to them in the app originally and didn't try again until today.

1452549181892.jpg.a549b90a12c8cf3e283aa2fca3fdd648.jpg

Edited by MisterBill99

Went for lunch to Solarium Bistro today - hadn't visited it before. Couple bites and walked out. Food is like in regular buffet but lot less choices and didn't taste well either.

Can't recommend at least for lunch.

Went for lunch to Solarium Bistro today - hadn't visited it before. Couple bites and walked out. Food is like in regular buffet but lot less choices and didn't taste well either.

Can't recommend at least for lunch.

Nope, we have walked in and out twice for lunch now. WJ food without the selection.

I'm happy to see that the dinner menu is similar to what it was when it was DD.

You can moan about the buffet for breakfast and lunch being a small version of WJ. However, although DD was different from WJ and interesting for lunch and dinner, the fact is that it was exactly the same every day, so after 2 days, we were tired of it and only went back every few days for a nibble.

----------------

So, we are at SB last night, and I'd have to rate it as "meh", much like the rest of the food on the ship. I had hoped that I'd be able to get salmon cooked medium rare, which is how I like it. I figured I'd have a better chance of getting it done that way in a small restaurant like SB, where I hoped that it would be cooked to order. I asked the waiter if I could get it that way and he immediately told me that he didn't think it would be possible, but he would ask. He returned to confirm that I could not get it the way I wanted, and explained that the salmon was partially cooked elsewhere and they finish it in their kitchen (which was disappointing to hear). I ended up with the Mahi-mahi which was rather dry. The rest of my party had lobster tails and while they said that they were better than in Grande, they still weren't great and 2 people thought that they were too salty. The appetizer buffet was OK, only one vegetarian option among the hot dishes (moussaka, which they had in both regular and vegetarian varieties). I'm told that the mussels on the buffet were better than those at Chic. They had a "Fish Ceviche" which was tilapia and not very good. Desserts were unremarkable.

Bottom line is that the 5 of us had been thinking of returning tonight for another meal there and decided to go elsewhere. I hope they fix this place (and the rest of the food) by the time I'm back on the ship in August. A clone of the Oasis SB would be great.

You can moan about the buffet for breakfast and lunch being a small version of WJ. However, although DD was different from WJ and interesting for lunch and dinner, the fact is that it was exactly the same every day, so after 2 days, we were tired of it and only went back every few days for a nibble.

Given how mediocre the WJ food has been, I would be happy to see different food at SB, even if it was the same every day.

I forgot to ask this question at the Captain's Q&A session but someone on an upcoming cruise might ask what their plans for the SB space are and whether they plan to make it like Oasis. I wasn't going to ask a question because I didn't want to be negative and would have asked about the lack of vegetarian options at the restaurants and why they add meat to dishes that would otherwise be vegetarian like the gnocchi. Also I never saw the F&B manager, just the Hotel Director was at the Q&A and there was no opportunity to mingle with officers and ask questions at the C&A Top Tier event.

New news. I ran into the specialty restaurants head chef before dinner and asked him what the plans were for SB. He said that he had heard it was going to be Samba something and was going to be Mediterranean theme and he thought it would remain free. I know that there is a Samba Grill on Allure but it's a Brazilian steakhouse and not Mediterranean) or free) so perhaps he did not have the whole story or was wrong about the name.

He also told me that a bunch of the corporate food bigwigs got on the ship in Barbados and more were getting on the ship tomorrow in Bayonne, which confirmed what someone else had posted here about the food situation having gotten the attention of corporate.

Hopefully things will be better by the time we are back on the ship in August.

Edited by MisterBill99

New news. I ran into the specialty restaurants head chef before dinner and asked him what the plans were for SB. He said that he had heard it was going to be Samba something and was going to be Mediterranean theme and he thought it would remain free. I know that there is a Samba Grill on Allure but it's a Brazilian steakhouse and not Mediterranean) or free) so perhaps he did not have the whole story or was wrong about the name.

He also told me that a bunch of the corporate food bigwigs got on the ship in Barbados and more were getting on the ship tomorrow in Bayonne, which confirmed what someone else had posted here about the food situation having gotten the attention of corporate.

Hopefully things will be better by the time we are back on the ship in August.

I hope they move fast-- I am aboard in 30 days!