Devinly Decadence on Anthem is No More

Turtles06

I'm on anthem now. Just left Nassau. We walked by the solarium the other day and notice a breakfast place but did not go in it.

solarium bistro

I'm looking at the menu on the TV right now.

Complimentary

entrees

salmon, mahi mahi, strip, skirt steak, chicken kebab, lobster tail, lemon pepper roasted chicken

sides

orzo, greek fried asparagus, broccoli

I'm on anthem now. Just left Nassau. We walked by the solarium the other day and notice a breakfast place but did not go in it.

Thanks for the info. My current plan is to have dinner there on Sunday (unless I find a deal on Wonderland), so I will report back.

Thanks for the info. My current plan is to have dinner there on Sunday (unless I find a deal on Wonderland), so I will report back.

I have two meals scheduled in this venue formerly known as DD - so curious to see what changed other then name. Also hope it is open for breakfast. Looking forward to your report. :D

Have a wonderful time on your cruise. If you have time / remember / want to, can you post the compasses for your sailing? Looking forward to your review

Enjoy

I have two meals scheduled in this venue formerly known as DD - so curious to see what changed other then name. Also hope it is open for breakfast. Looking forward to your report. :D

According to a guest on board now, it is. Here's her post from a thread on the main RCI page:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=48621074&postcount=65

i sat with my wife a few times in the DD,she loved the healthy food.......when she was done she sat with me while i ate bacon/sausage etc ....ya know the really really unhealthy food that tastes ssssoooo good in the windjammer:D.i will not miss the menu in DD/SB but quite a few rave about it.

solarium bistro

I'm looking at the menu on the TV right now.

Complimentary

entrees

salmon, mahi mahi, strip, skirt steak, chicken kebab, lobster tail, lemon pepper roasted chicken

sides

orzo, greek fried asparagus, broccoli

Thanks for sharing. Is this a lunch and dinner menu? Do you know if they had breakfast ?

was trying to make reservations for this all week for my January 25 sailing. Guess this is why we couldn't. Still wouldn't mind eating dinner at the Bistro one night. If anyone can upload the dinner menu it would be very helpful.

Hi. We're on that sailing and I made reservations this week at DD. The reservation came back in my email as Solarium Bistro. There were very few reservations available though.

The problem with Silk for us was not that we don't like "Silk type of food." We love Asian food. The problem with Silk for us was that the food was just really bad; it didn't taste good. And we tried plenty of it.

I agree. We like Asian/Indian food and the silk menu sounded good but the actual dishes were terrible. We tried it twice and both times we left and went to Windjammer. No quality involved at all and the menu is just confused.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We visited DD on Anthem in September and checked out breakfast and lunch. It was uninspiring to be honest unless you were on a diet plus they didn't have a single vegetarian option at dinner.

We ate at DD on Quantum once, and were kind of disappointed. My husband, who is a vegetarian, was unhappy with the choices, which was surprising - only high mercury fish available. We never ate breakfast or lunch there either, after a walk through, and opted for the variety at the WJ. When I saw this was going to turn into SB, I booked it. Plus we ate at SB on Allure and Oasis for breakfast and lunch almost every day - that's where they hid the lox.

Disappointing to hear about the issues with Silk on Anthem. We ate there the first night of our Quantum cruise, and our party of 4 had to be rolled out of there we ate so much! We really enjoyed it. (As four New Yorker's, we did not judge against NYC Asian food though).

Hopefully in 25 days they will have whatever they are doing to the food in Silk figured out.

We ate at DD on Quantum once, and were kind of disappointed. My husband, who is a vegetarian, was unhappy with the choices, which was surprising - only high mercury fish available.

I'd heard that few/none of the salads were vegetarian which was strange. At SB on Oasis, they had lots of different salads at lunch and very few had any sort of meat or cheese in them. And it was rare to hear someone complain about the food there, even those who don't go out of their way to eat healthy food.

Hopefully when the dust settles at SB they will have brought in the same menu that they had on Oasis.

I'm on the ship now. Decided to try SB for lunch but was extremely disappointed in the offerings. Unnamed fish, pre-cooked burgers. Basically it looked like the same stuff as WJ. We left and went to Cafe270. We were supposed to have dinner there tonight but I was able to get 30% off at Wonderland so we will eat there instead.

I'm on the ship now. Decided to try SB for lunch but was extremely disappointed in the offerings. Unnamed fish, pre-cooked burgers. Basically it looked like the same stuff as WJ. We left and went to Cafe270. We were supposed to have dinner there tonight but I was able to get 30% off at Wonderland so we will eat there instead.

Sounds like they have not nailed down the menu yet. Hope it gets worked out before my Feb cruise I had it booked for Dinner.

I agree. We like Asian/Indian food and the silk menu sounded good but the actual dishes were terrible. We tried it twice and both times we left and went to Windjammer. No quality involved at all and the menu is just confused.

We went to Silk the first time of our 12 nite Quantum cruise and were not impressed. However, on the last nite, we wanted to try it again and glad we did--ordered form the alternate menu which included surf & turf and it was delicious. The service received on this nite, was the best of the entire cruise.

The website states DD and then in smaller letters right beneath it, Solarium Bistro. I spoke with an RCCL representative last night and even she was not aware of the change!

Edited by Mar y Sol

I still see divinely decadence available for purchase on the cruise planner, but my actual reservation on my docs now shows solarium bistro. Is there a charge for dinner now?

Dinner is still free. Breakfast and lunch are nothing more than a poor selection of the stuff they have at WJ. We may not get to dinner until the end of our cruise due to other reservations I don't want to change. I meant to stop by to look at the dinner setup tonight but got busy with other stuff.