Choice Air

rjuray

Choice Air does airline flights. You arrange the transfers. Celebrity in some cases can arrange transfers as do some airlines on first class fares. Usually easier and MUCH cheaper to do on your own. Your roll call will have lots of information on your port of embarkation and /or disembarkation. You certainly know your own home town.

Used them once before and totally saw the value they provide. They monitor your flights and should your flight gets cancelled or significantly delayed or any other changes, they will protect you on other flights. I will surely use them again.

Used them once before and totally saw the value they provide. They monitor your flights and should your flight gets cancelled or significantly delayed or any other changes, they will protect you on other flights. I will surely use them again.

We have found it best to monitor our flights ourselves, and not to rely on Choice Air alerting us if there are any changes.

We used them for our outbound flight on a recent AU/NZ trip because they saved us $500 per person on Air New Zealand's flight out from SFO. No problems, our experience was pretty seamless and we still got out United miles. I found a cheaper fair for the return on my own though so you really need to do your reseach.

Researching fares is truly an adventure. Recently had Choice Air quote $3500pp from North Carolina to Australia and return. I went on line and found fares about $100 less but did not feel comfortable using Affordable Air - a consolidator out of India. Then went looking further and found Quantas from LAX R/T to Australia was $1300 and Delta R/T from North Carolina to LAX was $300.

The motto is explore every way you can. There are also some airlines like Condor and Norwegian that Choice and most search engines do not look at with cheaper fares. Both of those work great between Europe and north America.

Has anyone used this service before? We are using it in January. Do they arrange transfer from the airport to the port and back? If so, how does it work? :confused:

We always book round-trip transfers through Choice Air. Prices vary depending on the airport and distance from the pier. I find the convenience of not looking for cabs etc., to be worth the extra money. They ensure you are getting to where you need to be (at least in all my past cases).

I've only found one area of concern with choice air....if you book tickets and then cancel the cruise, your tickets, even though you have a locator number and flights are also cancelled, even though it was not discounted any more by choice air than anywhere else. We decided to cancel one cruise and just do a ground tour using our choice air tickets...but we were unable to do it. We only use choice air for one way flights to board a transatlantic. Choice air does get some one way rates that you can't purchase anywhere else. Other than those one way flights, we have never booked with them again, after finding out that the tickets were tied to our cruise.

I've only found one area of concern with choice air....if you book tickets and then cancel the cruise, your tickets, even though you have a locator number and flights are also cancelled, even though it was not discounted any more by choice air than anywhere else. We decided to cancel one cruise and just do a ground tour using our choice air tickets...but we were unable to do it. We only use choice air for one way flights to board a transatlantic. Choice air does get some one way rates that you can't purchase anywhere else. Other than those one way flights, we have never booked with them again, after finding out that the tickets were tied to our cruise.

That its great information to know...one can't be too careful...if it seems too good to be true, read the "fine print." Yes, One-way tickets are excellent. We saved quite a bit traveling to Europe one way a few years ago!

Edited by Lastdance