Signature Beverage Package 1st timer

This is disappointing. I guess none of their wine-by-glass will qualify. It will just have to be whiskey sours for the whole meal. :). With 15 drinks per day I can deny myself wine at the PG.

Dennis

This is disappointing. I guess none of their wine-by-glass will qualify. It will just have to be whiskey sours for the whole meal. :). With 15 drinks per day I can deny myself wine at the PG.

Dennis

All of the PG wines were well over the limit. You could ask for the house wine and I bet they will get that for you.

Dennis

You can get any of the wines that are $8 or under by the glass served to you in the Pinnacle restaurant -- we did this on both the Nieuw Amsterdam transatlantic in November and the Zuiderdam New Year's Holiday cruise.

Here is a link with photos of the wine and other menus - we particularly enjoyed the McPherson Shiraz ($8.00/glass), the house Pinot Grigio, and the Prosecco served in the Pinnacle Bar on the Zuiderdam.

http://www.travelingwiththejones.com/2015/12/21/an-improved-signature-beverage-package-on-holland-america-cruises/

So when I look at this liquor menu and see Grey Goose is that price for a shot only? Or could I order a drink like a Screwdriver made with Grey Goose, or a Sour Apple Martini with Grey Goose and the price would be $7.95?

Does anyone have an answer to the question I posted before?

In our experience, something like a Barcardi & Coke is priced at the same price as Barcardi on the menu. So, Grey Goose and soda or Grey Goose and tonic would be OK. I'm not sure how it works once you get into juices or more complex cocktails. I can tell you that if there's something like a Banana Daiquiri on the menu for $7.95**, you'll be over limit if you go to a "call" rum. The exception is the premium Bloody Mary bar, which typically allows you to pick a top shelf Vodka and customize your drink.

**I really have no idea what a Banana Daiquiri costs. This is just a made up example. I'm a Bourbon on the rocks drinker. (They let me have all the rocks I want at no charge. ;) )

We haven't ordered either of those specific combinations but if you order a Signature Cocktail - such as a Martini - the price is $7.50 with call liquor and requesting it with a premium liquor will cause an up charge and go over the $8 limit.

(Unless the cocktail menu describes a specific Signature cocktail as being made with a specific branded liquor, yet is still $7.50, as in the Tanqueray 0010 Martini that is described as being made with premium Tanqueray No. TEN gin, Vox vodka and Grand Mariner.)

Generally, we have been able to have a premium gin with tonic water within the beverage package but can't tell you if orange juice works or not.

We were recently on the Eurodam, and they didn't care if we used the card for more than one drink, so I think it depends on the bartender. However, we were told by the front desk that if you got more than three at the same time, any additional would cost full price. Another thing we noticed is that the frozen drinks are very weak. My son figured out to order the frozen drink and a shot at the same time and tell them to put the extra shot in the drink. You get charged for two, but the drink is better. I don't drink, but it made sense to me!

Does anyone recall the current price for a Wang-wang? If I can drink those with my SBP, well... It'll definitely be an enjoyable cruise!

For those who don't know, the Wang-wang is an off-the-menu drink. In it are the following:

Gin, Vodka, Rum, Triple sec, Scotch, Bourbon, Brandy, Orange juice, Pineapple juice.

Does anyone recall the current price for a Wang-wang? If I can drink those with my SBP, well... It'll definitely be an enjoyable cruise!

For those who don't know, the Wang-wang is an off-the-menu drink. In it are the following:

Gin, Vodka, Rum, Triple sec, Scotch, Bourbon, Brandy, Orange juice, Pineapple juice.

That drink is a death run....

Edited by Tripper10

Don't know the price but we were served a wang-wang under the drink package on our last two cruises. (In both cases, it was a 1-time request.)

• 4 weeks later...

My apologies if I missed this reading through this thread but....we received the SBP as part of our Explore 4 for our Adriatic Dream cruise aboard the Oosterdam in July. Are the gratuities a part of the freebie or are we expected to pony up that 15% ourselves (which makes it much less of a freebie and I would've opted out as we are very much social drinkers and the package will benefit us the MOST with free water bottles for the HOT HOT HOT excursion outings)?

Anyway, recent cruisers???

Thank you so much!!!

My apologies if I missed this reading through this thread but....we received the SBP as part of our Explore 4 for our Adriatic Dream cruise aboard the Oosterdam in July. Are the gratuities a part of the freebie or are we expected to pony up that 15% ourselves (which makes it much less of a freebie and I would've opted out as we are very much social drinkers and the package will benefit us the MOST with free water bottles for the HOT HOT HOT excursion outings)?

Anyway, recent cruisers???

Thank you so much!!!

You won't have any problems, the 15% gratuity is included in your SBP. No need to pay anything extra, unless you want to.

Edited by OVgirl

ok for water, even a couple of bottles at the same time, 3 shots of liquor up to $8 ea so Grey Goose and JW Black inc.but w/ soda or straight, not special cocktails, wine we ordered was over $8 so we paid full price plus tip. I usually tipped the waitress or bartender extra as they don't get the full 15%.