Freedom of the Seas - Rooms in front of ship?

We are booking late so of course, limited room available. one of the room choices (we need 2 together) are the 1st two rooms from the front of the ship (7th floor). How much more rocking do you really get from the front of the ship? I know it is preference and some don't mind or even notice it. And I know it depends on the sea that particular day, which we cannot control.

I have 2 kids who get very car sick so I'm afraid if there is a lot more rocking that the mid ship, they could be sick most of the time. The one was sea sick about 1/2 the time on our last cruise, but she managed it fairly well. It doesn't stop her from wanting to go again!

Anyway, only have been on a few cruises, so wanted to get some opinions on how much worse it really can get in the front of the ship.

Otherwise, we won't get rooms together and we would have to split up the family/kids, which is not ideal either.

THANK you!

We are booking late so of course, limited room available. one of the room choices (we need 2 together) are the 1st two rooms from the front of the ship (7th floor). How much more rocking do you really get from the front of the ship? I know it is preference and some don't mind or even notice it. And I know it depends on the sea that particular day, which we cannot control.

I have 2 kids who get very car sick so I'm afraid if there is a lot more rocking that the mid ship, they could be sick most of the time. The one was sea sick about 1/2 the time on our last cruise, but she managed it fairly well. It doesn't stop her from wanting to go again!

Anyway, only have been on a few cruises, so wanted to get some opinions on how much worse it really can get in the front of the ship.

Otherwise, we won't get rooms together and we would have to split up the family/kids, which is not ideal either.

THANK you!

If you imagine a see saw that's what the front of the ship is like in rough seas. Since your children are susceptible to car sickness maybe that's not a great location for them.

The seas in the Caribbean are usually calm during the winter.

Jonathan

Edited by cruiserking

yes, it is very front (7214) - first cabin on the side. We are sailing out of Port Canaveral, FL in March, so should be a little better you are saying (of course no guarantee)?

The RCL agent basically told me the ship is so huge that we won't even feel anything, which I highly doubt!

thanks!

... The RCL agent basically told me the ship is so huge that we won't even feel anything, which I highly doubt!...

We've been on larger ships (Allure) with more motion than smaller ships (Enchantment). It all depends on the weather and sea conditions. However, if there is motion on your cruise, you will feel more motion at the very front of the ship than at midship.

On all our cruises, I've only been seasick once. Our friends had a cabin all the way forward and I visited their cabin twice. Both times I got queasy in about 5 minutes and had to leave. After I got more midship, I was fine. I would not risk this location with motion sickness prone family. It's no fun.

Margee

We have a favorite cabin, 1230, which is the first "bubble cabin" on starboard side deck 10.

Loved it. :)

Only problem was the door to the bridge that opens and shuts all night long in that section as officers go on and off duty. 1530 would have been a better choice.

We did not notice any rocking and rolling, and I am also prone to motion sickness. The ship is quite large, and the carib seas are indeed calm most of the time. We did notice being quite breezy from being on the front of the ship on our balcony.

THANK you!

don't know how old your kids are, but if they are too young that you need adjoining cabins they are most likely too young to be in a balcony cabin. Lots of availability in the ship. You only need cabins to be together or across the hall for them to be in their own cabin

Bad place where you are thinking if someone is prone to motion sickness

Edited by SeaUs

I Tend to get sea sick in rough seas and cabins near the Aft and the Bow,

Then I talked to my doctor and bought a package of Bonime. Hope that is spelled right. It is over the counter. I take a lot of meds and it was safe for me. children... I would ASK a doctor.

I took one an hour before eating in the morning. I don't know if the sea got calm but I was not sick for two more days. then Rain, wind and rough seas......Took another one.

I took four pills on an eight day Christmas cruise on Carnival Sunshine. ATE every meal. PLAYED Trivia. Saw all of the Shows. Those pills saved my cruise

We had one of the NEw 4F inside but really OV obstructed cabins on Deck 3 and we felt the motion. Did not bother me. Slept like a log. HUSBANC was in Coast Guard Reserve. We sailed through a gale once on Princess.....................He might have been the only one left in the MDR. Never fazed him.

Edited by AmberTeka

THANK you!

One more thing that was not mentioned. If your children are minors, they are not allowed to be a cabin by themselves. RCI rules for safety.

One more thing that was not mentioned. If your children are minors, they are not allowed to be a cabin by themselves. RCI rules for safety.

Royal does allow minors in a stateroom by themselves, as long as the stateroom is next to or across the hall from the responsible adults. This cannot be booked on the website, but must be called in.

Royal does allow minors in a stateroom by themselves, as long as the stateroom is next to or across the hall from the responsible adults. This cannot be booked on the website, but must be called in.

My bad....:(

Thanks Bob, did not know this. Is this a change from the old policy?

OP does not want to split up the cabins in different parts of the ship, and in this case I could see why.

My bad....:(

Thanks Bob, did not know this. Is this a change from the old policy?

OP does not want to split up the cabins in different parts of the ship, and in this case I could see why.

This policy has been in effect at least since 2008 which was when we first used it.

This policy has been in effect at least since 2008 which was when we first used it.

As usual, Bob, you are a wealth of information to all of us. I did not know about that

change when it happened. And appreciate explaining that to me.

Thanks again! :)

Edited by island lady