Another Princess ship is supposed to be ordered

Orangefan

We sailed in the Regal last year and we gave booked 14 days on the Majestic in the Med in 2017 before she sails to Asia. There are some positive changes with some larger balconies on the Dolphin deck forward and aft of the lifeboats. They do come at a fairly high price being Category D4 Deluxe Balcony cabins. The Majestic is also reported to have a passenger accessible center stair case above the Promenade deck. Minisuites aft on Emerald deck will provide at least partial cover for the aft portion of the Promenade deck but no aft passage from one side on the Promenade deck to the other side [emoji26]

Edited by IECalCruiser

not entirely sure but i think all current cruise ships should fit through the new locks

New locks will allow ships up to 1400 ft long and 180 ft wide (vs. 980 and 110 currently). RCI Oasis class and Freedom class ships are wider--but once knowing the actual dimensions Royal built the newer Quantum class just under 180 ft wide to fit. Royal and Regal Princess will fit easily by comparison. Though there is also the height of the Bridge of the Americas to consider: some ships now can only pass under at precisely the tide level that correctly balances height and draft; likely larger classes of ships will be limited to partial transits from the Atlantic side.

But back to Princess: it is surprising that with lots of talk of basing a ship in South Florida larger than Carnival Corps current "near-megaships" (Royal/Regal Princess and Carnival's Dream class) that the first such ship formally announced will go to P&O Australia. Perhaps Princess is waiting to see how successful the new Southern and Western Caribbean 2016-17 sailings do to decide how to deploy their new ship.

Edited by fishywood

We'll take one of the big girls here on the west coast. Hawaii out of LA, maybe.

My dream: the new ship comes to the West Coast and Princess offers 14-days on her, RT from LA, to Mexico and Alaska.

We are consistently deprived of ways to spend our money on pleasure. Princess, are you listening[emoji57]?

Nope, send her elsewhere. We don't need no Royal class blight on the west coast.....:D:D:D

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

When I sailed on the Regal in October/November, the Hotel Manager (among many others) attended our M&G and he specifically told us that the Majestic was definitely going to have a center staircase. And then said, in soto voice, "of course, we're sending her to Asia".

I, too, love the Royal Class (although the CB will always remain my favorite). I love the openness, the buffet, the cabins and bathrooms, among other things. I don't care too much for the theater (although what they can do there is amazing - I don't like that I feel walled-in); I wish they had a different pool. You couldn't swim in their main pool unless you were a minnow. I love the staff and so many things about this class that those positives far outweigh any perceived negatives.

Maureen