Linking reservations for Dining

dan722

Has anyone been able to do this lately on Celebrity’s website? It used to be very easy under manage your reservation after the final payment. Final payment was made, but I can’t find a place to do this on the website. I’m sure I could call but I’d rather not be on hold for 15 minutes.

Thanks!!

Am laughing with you. Would suggest that waiting 15 minute on hold is probably faster and certainly less stressful than trying to do it on the web site. Did you book with X or a TA? If a TA then simply ask them to do what they should have already done - link em up!

Has anyone been able to do this lately on Celebrity’s website? It used to be very easy under manage your reservation after the final payment. Final payment was made, but I can’t find a place to do this on the website. I’m sure I could call but I’d rather not be on hold for 15 minutes.

Thanks!!

Easy solution. Just put your phone on speaker and do something while you have your long 15 minute wait.

DON

We are a group of 8 cabins traveling together in February. We made our reservation through an on line TA. On the Celebrity website it shows our group as 5 cabins. I called the TA and she went through the reservation and linked all cabins. I have the confirmation of that and will bring all booking numbers with me. The website still shows only 5 cabins linked. When I questioned the TA, she assured me that all cabins have been linked and it was a Celebrity website issue.

You can be sure, that the first thing I will do, once on board, is to check with the maitre'd. If we are not together at dinner, I will have my paperwork in hand and get if fixed. We have had this issue once, on another cruise line, and it was corrected easily. I always prepare for the worst, but hope for the best. This is the kind of thing that could ruin some peoples' cruises. Knowing what to do and who to see, is the most important thing, when a bump in the road happens!

We are a group of 8 cabins traveling together in February. We made our reservation through an on line TA. On the Celebrity website it shows our group as 5 cabins. I called the TA and she went through the reservation and linked all cabins. I have the confirmation of that and will bring all booking numbers with me. The website still shows only 5 cabins linked. When I questioned the TA, she assured me that all cabins have been linked and it was a Celebrity website issue.

You can be sure, that the first thing I will do, once on board, is to check with the maitre'd. If we are not together at dinner, I will have my paperwork in hand and get if fixed. We have had this issue once, on another cruise line, and it was corrected easily. I always prepare for the worst, but hope for the best. This is the kind of thing that could ruin some peoples' cruises. Knowing what to do and who to see, is the most important thing, when a bump in the road happens!

One day, a long long time ago, there was this newly hired staff programmer who decided that there would never need to be more than 5 reservations linked so he programmed the celebrity web site with only 5 fields to show the linked reservations. Today, working under the principle that the vast majority of passengers aren't complaining, there is obviously no reason to change the web site...just because it's wrong...right?

It's quite likely that Celebrity actually knows how to handle more than five linked reservations...since they market heavily for group bookings and most groups are larger than 5 reservations....so I think it's a safe bet that the reservations are actually linked somewhere. Having said that, there are times when shore information doesn't reach the ship accurately...or at all.

I would suggest that your first stop once getting on board is at the dining room to make sure that you aren't at 9 different tables and/or that your tables are close together, if that's what you want.

Good luck....(and perhaps it is luck that you need).

Edited by ghstudio