Favorite RCCL cruise

Susie51

Cruising has been a great vacation option for my family. I remember all cruises, not just for the places and sights we visit, but because we get to spend a lot of quality time together as a family. I have literally watched my kids grow up, from cruise to cruise.

All things considered, my favourite cruise would be our 14N out of Sydney in Dec 2012, on the Voyager of the Seas, to ports in Australia and New Zealand. It was very memorable for many reasons, including the fact that this was our first 14N cruise (before this, we didn't know whether such a cruise would be too long for us), our first trip to Australia and New Zealand as a family. We had a gorgeous aft JS, with a huge balcony. The crew on board were wonderful and we had very relaxing time.

At that time, my kids loved the kids' club and we were not sure what to do for the talent show. So we decided to bring their violins with us on this cruise (we had to fly from Singapore to Sydney in order to get to the ship!)

Since they had their violins, I made them do this (play in front of the Sydney Opera House)

[YOUTUBE]Nd2Sx5dh7hI[/YOUTUBE]

This cruise also resulted in a very long picture review on cruise critic -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1754553

Going by the number of views, I think the review was very popular.

I write this on the last day of 2015. Wish everybody a Happy New Year and God bless for 2016.

Great thread Susie. Neat to see various responses.

Just checking this thread this morning expecting to see a couple more pages of exciting cruises taken throughout the world by posters.

NONE!

REALLY?

I guess people would rather talk about shorts in the MDR, bad food in the Windjammer, alcohol prices, and website problems.

That's a question cruise addicts such as those of us frequenting these boards are often asked and, until several years ago, my answer was always that I had favorite PARTS of each cruise, but no one favorite cruise. That changed in 2010 when I cruised with my then 22-year-old daughter on Serenade out of San Juan. I discovered I really PREFER the smaller ships to the larger ones. As impressive as the Royal Promenade and Ice show were to me the first time I experienced them, the ocean views, outdoor dining and intimacy of the Radiance Class is a bigger draw to me. A few years later, I did a similar southern Caribbean itinerary on Jewel of the Seas. It's hard for me to choose a favorite between those two. Both were port-intensive, visited amazing islands (Dominica on both...a huge favorite of mine!) and featured a beautiful ship. I'll be back on Jewel again in 10 days and counting. ;)

Edited by printingchick

What is your favorite RCCL cruise?

My favorite cruise is 5 night Bermuda cruise in 2012 in a Grand Suite. Second favorite is 7 night W. Carib. in 2015 which was also in a GS. I enjoy having dinner on the balcony and the ports of call.

I'll throw a little wrinkle in the thread. My best cruise, a 7 day sailing from Santo Domingo on the all-inclusive Holiday Dream ( ex Europa 5 x world's best cruiseship) to Martinique, St Marteen, Antigua, Tortola, Catalina Island DR. in 2007. This lovely ship is still sailing as the Saga Sapphire.

Agree it's not an RCI ship but Pullmantur, an RCCL owned line.

For me, this was a thought provoking question because although RCI is my favorite line, my most favorite cruises have been on other lines. Make sense? :o

I was thinking the same thing. My overall favorite cruise was my honeymoon in Alaska on Princess, but I enjoy RCI ships, shows, dining rooms, and food slightly more. Really I've never had a bad cruise and it's hard to pick. :D

My favorite RCI cruise was our 11 night Southern Caribbean cruise on Brilliance of the Seas. While nothing seemed to go right (scary excursion in St Lucia and DH got very sick for about four days of the trip!) the cruise, the ship, the experience was so memorable and I really hold all other cruises up to the standard of that one. We cruise with our daughter now and, of course, those are memorable too! Seeing cruising through the eyes of a child is super fun!

Several years ago, we sailed on Brilliance through the Med. Seeing Spain, France, 3 ports in Italy, 3 ports in Greece, and Turkey was an experience of a lifetime. We hope to do it again sometime not too far in the future.

Tops on my bucket list is an Australian cruise. Only drawback is the long flight.

I'd have to say Alaska on the Celebrity Solstice because we had awesome weather and enjoyed the ports so much. Cruising out of San Juan deep into the Caribbean on Adventure of the Seas was also very nice. If you had said favorite ship, anywhere on the Liberty :) now that the Sovereign is gone.

Edited by Patti72357