Food in MDR

ETski

Have family that just got off Oasis last week.

"How was your cruise?"

"FOOD SUCKED!" - They are Diamond Plus so have been around the block a few times.

For the prices Royal charges they need to start bringing quality back to the included food in the fare and not just try to drive everyone to specialty restaurants.

Imagine how horrible the food will be when they achieve Pinnacle and they have been around the block even more.

I hope RCCL is reading. I have been reading many posts and reviews regarding food in the main dining room. Many have been complaining that the food is not hot and is been declining in taste and quality. I do realize that food is subjective and the line is serving masses of people. But my gosh can't they work on some of these problems. We aren't expecting gourmet food in the MDR. At least the food can come our hot and tasty. Hey I am happy not to have to cook while vacationing!!!! We cruise several lines and are hoping that our Grandeur MDR will serve us hot tasty food.

Don't waste your breath. Royal doesn't read or care what their long time cruisers think or want ... they are only concerned with dumbing and watering down their product and attracting new cruisers who have no past experience with RC to compare it to.

They have alotta beds to fill now with all these oversized overgrown ships theyre coming out with and they are all about mass market cruising and feeding. Sad.

That said, we're still booking even though we have noticed a drop in quality each time. Eventually we may get disgusted and stop .. but for now .. still looking forward to our cruise on Jewel. Its not just about food for us -- its the overall experience .. which still aint bad!

Have family that just got off Oasis last week.

For the prices Royal charges they need to start bringing quality back to the included food in the fare and not just try to drive everyone to specialty restaurants.

I would agree with your assessment that RCI is trying to "drive everyone to specialty restaurants" for a FEE.....probably the "MO" behind declining MDR food!! Great call!!

I am going on my 7 cruise next month and u have learned not to pay too much attention to the reviews. My wife and I have personally never had a negative cruise or let anything bother me enough to not have a great time. I agree the specialty dinning food is better than the MDR but I still enjoy them both. Plus if you do not like what you orderbornitnis cold order something else. You can order as much or as many different dish as you want or leave and go elsewhere to eat, many options.