Grand Princess Dec. 20-30 Mexico from San Francisco

CocaColaCruiser

After many cruises with Princess, the crew of the Grand Princess was outstanding, from the Passenger Service desk, to the staff in all of the dining venues, to our pleasant and always smiling cabin stewards as well as the ever present Captain. As many have said before... Happy crew.... Happy passengers!

It was a joyful trip over the Christmas holidays, even with so many children on board. They were well behaved and it was much appreciated.There were so many things planned for all age groups that you really didn't see many of them. The teenager in our group was busy 24/7.

Our cabin was always cleaned to perfection by our cabin steward. The major complaints I have were the terrible pillows and our living room sofa. I would have loved a down pillow which has been available on previous cruises. Our sofa in the living area badly needs to be replaced. When you sat down on the sofa, the cushions fell into the bottom of the hide-a-bed part. The fabric was torn and worn on the corners where the wire springs showed through. It was not a pleasant place to sit for morning coffee or when we had visitors. We were in D728.

Embarkation and disembarkation were the smoothest I have ever experienced. I love the new pier Princess has in San Francisco. I will travel out of this port anytime. I just can't wait for the next one. :D

Glad you had a lovely cruise. The crew on the Grand are excellent. We can't wait to get back on the ship next month. Most of the crew we had interactions with are on the ship until June.

Many of the crew described the Grand as a Happy ship!! We agree.

Cheers, Denise

After many cruises with Princess, the crew of the Grand Princess was outstanding, from the Passenger Service desk, to the staff in all of the dining venues, to our pleasant and always smiling cabin stewards as well as the ever present Captain. As many have said before... Happy crew.... Happy passengers!

It was a joyful trip over the Christmas holidays, even with so many children on board. They were well behaved and it was much appreciated.There were so many things planned for all age groups that you really didn't see many of them. The teenager in our group was busy 24/7.

Our cabin was always cleaned to perfection by our cabin steward. The major complaints I have were the terrible pillows and our living room sofa. I would have loved a down pillow which has been available on previous cruises. Our sofa in the living area badly needs to be replaced. When you sat down on the sofa, the cushions fell into the bottom of the hide-a-bed part. The fabric was torn and worn on the corners where the wire springs showed through. It was not a pleasant place to sit for morning coffee or when we had visitors. We were in D728.

Embarkation and disembarkation were the smoothest I have ever experienced. I love the new pier Princess has in San Francisco. I will travel out of this port anytime. I just can't wait for the next one. :D

Glad you had a great cruise, thanks for posting your comments.

Nice to hear. Lately I've seen posts where people said they hated the Grand. Others love it. I've only sailed Grand once and the only issue I had was with myself. A couple of times my wife and I headed up the truncated central staircase even though we knew it only went up a short way. We just laughed at ourselves and went a different way. :D

I wouldn't hesitate to sail Grand again.

DW and I were on this cruise as well. I would add that Princess has really improved the quality of its MDR food (experienced last spring as well) - our meals were excellent.

Also, when we boarded, there was a quartet of carolers dressed right out of a Dickens novel in the Piazza singing classic carols under a snowfall provided by a snow machine on deck 7. It really established the mood for a great Christmas experience!

Our sofa in the living area badly needs to be replaced. When you sat down on the sofa, the cushions fell into the bottom of the hide-a-bed part. The fabric was torn and worn on the corners where the wire springs showed through. It was not a pleasant place to sit for morning coffee or when we had visitors. We were in D728.

I was just on the somewhat-ill-fated Hawaiian cruise (Nov. 25) on the Grand and our sofa was by far the worst we've ever had. Most of our previous sofas have been a little worn or had cushions that sort of slanted downwards, but this last one (in Vista suite D736) was just a mess! It actually hurt to sit on so we had to put our bed pillows on top of the cushions for comfort and had to put the sofa pillows under the seat cushions to prop them up so we wouldn't slide forward! Lying down on it was miserable. And since we paid big bucks for a suite, we really feel that Princess should maintain the furniture better. We also had balcony furniture that was structurally ok, but the varnish/finish was peeling off badly. Very ugly and we got poked by some of the peeling pieces. Certainly didn't make any difference for us having a great cruise, but seemed pretty shabby for an expensive room. :rolleyes:

Edited by Go-Bucks!

My friends were in D736 for the Christmas cruise. They must have done something to the sofa because it was good for us. They may have moved your sofa into to my cabin...D728. It was not good at all. We(8of us) celebrated sail away every day either inside or outside depending on the temps. You are so right about the balcony furniture...much in need of revarnishing. The seat pillows were fine.

My friends were in D736 for the Christmas cruise. They must have done something to the sofa because it was good for us. They may have moved your sofa into to my cabin...D728. It was not good at all. We(8of us) celebrated sail away every day either inside or outside depending on the temps. You are so right about the balcony furniture...much in need of revarnishing. The seat pillows were fine.

Don't be moving the "Bundy couch" down to D114. You'll curse my cruise in two weeks!

It's good to see people write positive things they enjoyed on the cruise. Hope not to spend much time on any sofa. :rolleyes:

Hope not to spend much time on any sofa. :rolleyes:

Because of the ship's engine room fire, we had 12 sea days so there was plenty of time to sit watching football games and movies. They just needed to drag that sucker out onto the balcony and toss it over the railing!! A couple of bean bag chairs would have felt more comfortable! :p

Edited by Go-Bucks!