Just Back- Carnival Pride Review

jjeessmm

Here is a short review of the New Years Cruise on the Pride:

About Us: Traveling just Me and my daughter ( 13 year old). Our 14th Cruise together ( 3rd on Carnival, have been on NCL, Princess, Disney, Royal Caribbean )

Embarkation: We arrived at the port at around11:00 ( flew in the night before and stayed at the Hilton) - went through security quickly ( with a box of seltzer water) and were on the ship by 12:00. Rooms were ready by 12:30. Easiest time getting on a ship that I have ever experienced.

Room: Interior handicap with a window ( we are not handicap but this was one of the only rooms available). The room was very large and wonderful- quiet, absolutely perfect location etc.. Bathroom was disgusting however. Had a strong sewage smell the entire cruise. Fortunately the odor was contained when the door was shut. I would not book this room again only because of this huge issue with the bathroom. There was drainage in the floor and the odor seeped up through there- it was really terrible.

Food: MDR- This was my first time having the American Table menu. I loved it. There were many choices every evening and the food was delicious. We had Churchill as our waiter ( we did anytime dining and requested him every night- we always ate dinner in the MDR). He was awesome. His team was awesome. Not sure what people are complaining about... no table cloths except for the American Feast nights- big deal. Bread and water on the table... was great. The food and selections were great- my only complaint is that some of the dishes needed to be served warmer- If I had asked, I think they would have absolutely made sure they were warmer. We went to sea day brunch on all four sea days and I loved every meal I got. Only complaint--- why not change the menu? Would have liked different menus throughout the week. The same menu got boring.

Buffet: Didn't really eat here- maybe a snack or two throughout the week. The late night snacks were the exact same for 8 nights. ( hot dog, chili, chicken sand, grilled ham and cheese) really, this was ridiculous- they should have changed it every night. It was really quite gross tasting as well.

Guys Burgers: Fabulous. Loved them and ate too many

Deli- Great Sandwiches and ate there alot.

Pizza Pirate: Fabulous. Delicious fresh pizza. Thin crust. Really loved it. Sometimes the wait was long but it was worth it.

Room Service: Used it for sandwiches, coffee, etc... Everything was great.

Dive in Movies- Loved them- ate popcorn, had drinks..

Red Frog Pub- was so awesome. We played cards there almost every night and listened to live music. Great music, great atmosphere.

Shows: didn't go to any. Did Karaoke- was fun

Pools; great, Anytime we swam there were only 1-2 other people in there.

Nassau- Did snorkeling excursion arranged through the ship. Was excellent. Loved the people on the snorkel boat. was very organized and a great time

Private Island: Loved it. Gorgeous water, didn't go to the BBQ

Grand Turk: Was too crowded. Didn't book excursion but definitely would next time.

General thoughts: I really loved this ship. the decor was a bit gaudy- but everything was clean all the time. The service was great. The ship never felt crowded... the layout was great. I liked the stores. The bars were nice. My daughter didn't do the kids club or whatever it was called but we did get massages- the spa is great. I would definitely take this ship again. Loved it.

The food and selections were great- my only complaint is that some of the dishes needed to be served warmer.

I recently sailed the Pride in August, and I thought the same thing! Practically every night our food was luke warm, or cold! We had the late (8:15pm) dining, I don't know if this had anything to do with it. But I think it is something they should definitely work on.

What time was your dining?

Grand Turk: Was too crowded. Didn't book excursion but definitely would next time.

Hi we are on the Feb. 20 sailing. I was wondering if the comment on it being too crowded at Grand Turk referenced the beach? We were kind of hoping to skip an excursion and just hang out on the beach there.

Thanks for the review!

For Grand Turk, we were hoping to just use the beach too-- with two cruise ships in that day ( both Carnival)- it was so crowded it was not enjoyable. Next time I would book a beach excursion. Others on the ship did this and it took them to another part of the island and there were no crowds.

We tried doing that with water and our great smelling shampoo etc hoping that would clear it out-- definitely did not work.

The water was so calm the entire trip except for one morning it was a bit choppy-- the ship handles it really well. Our room ( or specifically just my bed - not my daughters- vibrated alot throughout the entire trip- but didn't bother me). We were on the back right above the Main Dining Room

I am really considering booking this ship again for the NYE cruise next year... it was so wonderful. ( just a different cabin).

Happy to answer any questions.

Agree 100%. I was on the Glory in port with you. I have been to GT two other times and was the only ship each time. I could not beleive the crowd :eek: We did not book an excursion either.

We did go to the beach on the right side of the pier, which was a lot less crowded and had plenty of natural shade. The beach was not as good, very rocky to get in and out of the water, not easy. I think if we were to go again I would reserve a cabana at MV if there are two ships in port.

Edited by reno3

Hi we are on the Feb. 20 sailing. I was wondering if the comment on it being too crowded at Grand Turk referenced the beach? We were kind of hoping to skip an excursion and just hang out on the beach there.

Thanks for the review!

Pride and Glory were both there. Beach was kinda crowded but there is still plenty. To the right was empty.

We are considering a NYE cruise on the Pride for this coming year. How was the weather and seas (when you were in the Atlantic)? We have sailed on the Pride from Baltimore before, but not this time of year.

Smooth this year. Perfect weather. A little chilly when we got back.

Here is a short review of the New Years Cruise on the Pride:

About Us: Traveling just Me and my daughter ( 13 year old). Our 14th Cruise together ( 3rd on Carnival, have been on NCL, Princess, Disney, Royal Caribbean )

Embarkation: We arrived at the port at around11:00 ( flew in the night before and stayed at the Hilton) - went through security quickly ( with a box of seltzer water) and were on the ship by 12:00. Rooms were ready by 12:30. Easiest time getting on a ship that I have ever experienced.

Room: Interior handicap with a window ( we are not handicap but this was one of the only rooms available). The room was very large and wonderful- quiet, absolutely perfect location etc.. Bathroom was disgusting however. Had a strong sewage smell the entire cruise. Fortunately the odor was contained when the door was shut. I would not book this room again only because of this huge issue with the bathroom. There was drainage in the floor and the odor seeped up through there- it was really terrible.

Food: MDR- This was my first time having the American Table menu. I loved it. There were many choices every evening and the food was delicious. We had Churchill as our waiter ( we did anytime dining and requested him every night- we always ate dinner in the MDR). He was awesome. His team was awesome. Not sure what people are complaining about... no table cloths except for the American Feast nights- big deal. Bread and water on the table... was great. The food and selections were great- my only complaint is that some of the dishes needed to be served warmer- If I had asked, I think they would have absolutely made sure they were warmer. We went to sea day brunch on all four sea days and I loved every meal I got. Only complaint--- why not change the menu? Would have liked different menus throughout the week. The same menu got boring.

Buffet: Didn't really eat here- maybe a snack or two throughout the week. The late night snacks were the exact same for 8 nights. ( hot dog, chili, chicken sand, grilled ham and cheese) really, this was ridiculous- they should have changed it every night. It was really quite gross tasting as well.

Guys Burgers: Fabulous. Loved them and ate too many

Deli- Great Sandwiches and ate there alot.

Pizza Pirate: Fabulous. Delicious fresh pizza. Thin crust. Really loved it. Sometimes the wait was long but it was worth it.

Room Service: Used it for sandwiches, coffee, etc... Everything was great.

Dive in Movies- Loved them- ate popcorn, had drinks..

Red Frog Pub- was so awesome. We played cards there almost every night and listened to live music. Great music, great atmosphere.

Shows: didn't go to any. Did Karaoke- was fun

Pools; great, Anytime we swam there were only 1-2 other people in there.

Nassau- Did snorkeling excursion arranged through the ship. Was excellent. Loved the people on the snorkel boat. was very organized and a great time

Private Island: Loved it. Gorgeous water, didn't go to the BBQ

General thoughts: I really loved this ship. the decor was a bit gaudy- but everything was clean all the time. The service was great. The ship never felt crowded... the layout was great. I liked the stores. The bars were nice. My daughter didn't do the kids club or whatever it was called but we did get massages- the spa is great. I would definitely take this ship again. Loved it.

Thank you for the review. Very entertaining and helpful. Also, TY, Reno3.

I also wanted to add that I loved the layout of the ship.. Never once felt crowded. Everywhere we went there was a quiet place to hangout. The ship was also very clean.

I was surprised that there was no handwashing requirement before entering the buffet area or dining rooms. on NCL they spray everyone going it. Alot of people didn't use the handwash... hope nobody passes germs.

Funny, I used the automatic hand washing machine many times when entering the buffet, from the pool deck.....stuck my hands in...it soaped, then rinsed and the red light came on to dry;)

Maybe you didn't notice it as it was built in to the side wall:confused:

The one I used mostly, was just outside the ladies room.

If I recall correctly, also by the ice cream machine.

We did the Disney excursion this past July 1 too.

It was a busy fun filled day to say the least.

We arrived at 9AM, got on the last bus at 4:30.

It was enough time to do 11 character M&Gs, 7 rides (got fastpasses as soon as we received out tix on the bus ride over), Crystal Palace character breakfast, 3:00 parade, and about 1 hour of shopping while LO was napping.

It was a great introduction to MK for for our 3 year old for sure.

We had a great day, and he still talks about specific experiences.

Got us to plan a WDW vaca for this summer!

Can't wait!