Live-ish from Crown Princess Jan 4-8 2015

shredie

Sitting at muster. Catalina is scraped for San Diego since the tenders can't handle the rough seas. So we'll see how that turns out. Kids' club lady says kids must be early to club or there might not be room. That is nonsense. There are fewer than 200 kids on board. Is this the ship where the other poster had the problem? Princess will hear about this. Haven't seen the menu yet. More later.

Sitting at muster. Catalina is scraped for San Diego since the tenders can't handle the rough seas. So we'll see how that turns out. Kids' club lady says kids must be early to club or there might not be room. That is nonsense. There are fewer than 200 kids on board. Is this the ship where the other poster had the problem? Princess will hear about this. Haven't seen the menu yet. More later.

Bon Voyage!! EF rocks. Tuesday. :)

Thanks for the update. I will be interested to see where the rest of the cruise will be headed given the predicted rough/high seas during the upcoming storm. I had been scheduled to be on that sailing.

Edited by JC13

Enjoy your cruise.

Leaving on time. Not the usual at San Pedro. It's a good sign. We get a sea day tomorrow. Going to check out the menu soon to see if CS has struck. LOL

Let us know if there is Endive Foam on anything......;)

Hope you have a great cruise!

Edited by ar1950

My two sons and their best friend are on the Cruise, too. I'll be thinking of them while I am driving to work today. Even a rainy Cruise is better than work - haha. Hope you all have a great time, and may the only foam you see be on the wake!

Weather schmeather... I wish I was going along rather than sitting here at work. We loved the Crown and even a rough cruise beats the heck out of working! My patch seems to keep me from getting sick in rough weather even when those who normally don't suffer from motion sickness take to their cabins.

Hope you have a great cruise and get things sorted out with the kids. Let us know about the menu...

Keep us posted!

Good news. No Curtis Stone! DH had the salmon and the little boys had medallions. DD also had the fettucinni with the parm basket appetizer. Tonight is what they are calling dress to impress so we'll see what the menu is. Seas are a little bouncy.

Good news. No Curtis Stone! DH had the salmon and the little boys had medallions. DD also had the fettucinni with the parm basket appetizer. Tonight is what they are calling dress to impress so we'll see what the menu is. Seas are a little bouncy.

Last January the "dress to impress" evening on our 3 day cruise from LA on the Crown was the 50th Anniversary menu. Are they still giving a drink voucher in lieu of the Captain's Circle party?

Being such a short cruise we exchanged our minibar setup for 2 coffee cards.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Good about the no Curtis Stone on the Always Available menu. It is on the Emerald and the Golden and probably the Ruby but no confirmation there.
Last January the "dress to impress" evening on our 3 day cruise from LA on the Crown was the 50th Anniversary menu. Are they still giving a drink voucher in lieu of the Captain's Circle party?

Being such a short cruise we exchanged our minibar setup for 2 coffee cards.

We also had the 50th Anniversary menu on our 4 day cruise. We were traveling with friends on that cruise so we exchanged the liquor for a total of ten beers that were enjoyed by the four of us. We also received the vouchers on that cruise.

Bon voyage! Good luck with the kid's club. Threaten the staff with endive foam; that should scare them into finding yours a spot.

So far, so good. The Kids haven't had any trouble getting into kids' club. One of them won in the foosball tournament and is all proud of himself. They have produced the usual collection of crafts, lanyards, etc. My daughter mother of the two-year-old got a generic notice from the captain saying this was a family friendly cruise and parents should keep the little monsters in line, etc. My other daughter with the big boys didn't get the note. Neither did we. So far, the baby and her big cousins have been well-behaved. Amelia, you can tell Ken Peter found a bridge group. He is happy. I'm sitting in the piazza now and too lazy to walk over to read the menu for tonight. LOL. I'll let you know! Still having fun.

Thanks for the onboard updates!! My boyfriend and I are taking our mothers on the same cruise (stopping in San Diego) in February! Would love any advice on onboard activities, restaurants and entertainment! Also, I would love to check out the Patters once you get back. Cheers!! Have a great cruise!!

Cloudy and cool in San Diego but no rain. The kids are going to the Maritime Museum and the Midway today. Last night was not 50th menu. Had the onion soup. SIL had tri tip since he's afraid it won't be there much longer. Baby found another toddler to play with yesterday on deck. They chased each other and squealed. Boys swam with SIL. They are all nuts because I was freezing out there. Then again I'm not a little boy! The sea has been choppy but I've seen worse. No water beast sightings. We have the big angled balcony on Riviera but only two chairs and no footstools. They don't treat it as a Caribe balcony. Bed has been comfortable. Room service had been efficient and accurate. I missed the balloon drop again. They did it last night. I'll report back again later.

Cloudy and cool in San Diego but no rain. The kids are going to the Maritime Museum and the Midway today. Last night was not 50th menu. Had the onion soup. SIL had tri tip since he's afraid it won't be there much longer. Baby found another toddler to play with yesterday on deck. They chased each other and squealed. Boys swam with SIL. They are all nuts because I was freezing out there. Then again I'm not a little boy! The sea has been choppy but I've seen worse. No water beast sightings. We have the big angled balcony on Riviera but only two chairs and no footstools. They don't treat it as a Caribe balcony. Bed has been comfortable. Room service had been efficient and accurate. I missed the balloon drop again. They did it last night. I'll report back again later.

shredie....has Princess replaced the beds on the Crown yet? Glad the weather isn't interfering in your cruise.