Unbeievable Web Site; Can't pay for cruise

newyorkray

For years the X web site has been terrible (I was just told they have a new IT team developing a new web site, AGAIN). I can't get on to pay for my cruise that is due by tomorrow. First when I went on an "error" message came up telling me my Celebrity profile doesn't match their Captains club database. I know why because I asked to have it corrected for 2 years. On one they have me listed as a "senior" with Sr after my name. A wonderful woman at Celebrity just tried to work on it and she found several Captains club numbers (I've only had one for 20 years) She also found a wrong year of birth on one that two years ago when checking in at the port in Miami they found and supposedly corrected. After speaking to the woman from Celebrity, I tried to sign on again. It asked for my Captains Club number and then told me it was invalid (same number I had for 20 years) So I hit the "look it up" button" and entered my personal information and the web site told me it doesn't exist. I tried calling the Concierge desk number (I usually book Concierge, don't know why) but they gave me the wrong number. I love Celebrity's ships and cruises but it is always stressful until boarding. I've always been loyal to Celebrity, only going on other cruise lines a few times but am really getting fed up with this kind of treatment.

Just call the celebrity reservation number and there is option you can put your cruise reservation number in and pay for it. It works very well and no need to even talk to anyone. They just started this a couple months ago I believe but way easier than online.

Just call the celebrity reservation number and there is option you can put your cruise reservation number in and pay for it. It works very well and no need to even talk to anyone. They just started this a couple months ago I believe but way easier than online.
But it is much too easy if you do it that way.

No challenge at all! ;) :D

This is why God made Travel Agents! :D

Absolutely - book with Celebrity and transfer the reservation. Get additional refundable OBC and then the TA handles the hassles. If the website gives any problems with the online checkin forget it and simply show up at the port with docs from your TA and do it there. No fuss and no hassle.

Why would anyone want to turn down a couple hundred dollars and need to deal with the website for Celebrity. Sort of like throwing money out the window of your car just before you sideswipe a telephone pole.

I don't understand why you have to physically pay for your cruise now that final payment date is tomorrow. When we book, we give our credit card number and when final payment date rolls around, sometimes a year later, the cruise is automatically charged to the card. Am I missing something?

I agree with you that the website is a disgrace. I talked to a very informative guy the other day who told me that it is so badly broken, it can't be fixed with patches any longer and has to be newly created.

I agree with you that the website is a disgrace. I talked to a very informative guy the other day who told me that it is so badly broken, it can't be fixed with patches any longer and has to be newly created.

If this is true then they should just do that......not that tough and most likely FAR easier than to try to fix the current one...

I had put a Japan 2018 cruise on hold because my TA was on vacation and wanted a certain CS. My TA called to take care of deposits, transfer to her, etc and they would not let her. Next, I had to wait on phone for 15 minutes just to make my deposit yesterday.

I am now trying to transfer cruise to her and after numerous attempts online (it says wrong reservation #) yet my confirm from X and on website show correct reservation #. This will probably turn into another 15 minute phone call. :((

This is why I always use a TA for all of my travel and in the event of an problem,

it gets handled promptly.

Example: we recently were on Solstice OZ/NZ for close to a month. We had a suite, GO BEST with all 4, ground transportation, etc. Nobody picked us up from airport to hotel, no hotel pickup to ship, and no GO BEST. Thanks goodness for Michaels Concierge and my TA because it was sorted out quickly and credits returned where due. To top it off, we had a fabulous time!

Edited by portofinoitaly

My last Celebrity I booked direct with them paying my deposit over the phone with one of their reps . The final payment date came up and I tried to pay online . It took my credit card info but the payment was not on my booking . I finally had to call them . They basically told me What kind of idiot would try to pay online after initially booking by phone ? Umm, me I guess . They said they would take my payment and the online payment would eventually "fall off" . Of course getting this information required several calls and multiple "Please hold ons" .Checking online my credit card "available credit" was pretty close to zero . After 5 days the first attempt at payment did indeed "fall off" my CC account . I was a day away from begging MasterCard to temporarily increase my credit limit .

I guess what made me most annoyed was Celebrity's attempt to make me feel foolish doing something I should easily be able to do . :mad::confused:

Celebrity's website is totally down today! It took me 3 days to complete our online registration, but I wasn't able to print out the receipts. When I called customer service, I was told that they are having issues and didn't know when they would be fixed. The person I spoke to was very blase about it and said they are getting lots of calls about it. Seems like poor service for a cruise line that charges top dollar!

Edited by Mainecruiselover