shareholder shipboard credit

John & Kay W

No. The form says the proof of ownership must not be dated more than three months prior to the cruise date. That helps to keep someone from buying the stock, getting a brokers statement, selling the stock and then using the same statement for ever.

One time I mailed it in to early & had to redo it again within the 3 month period. They do check.

My letter in front of me says 3-6 days it does not mention under 3 days as a benefit??

I believe you're thinking about the Future Cruise Credit benefit.

The benefit for shareholders is not variable by cabin category; it only varies by length of cruise.

Statement dated no more than 90 days before the cruise date also means that you are within the final payment period (thinking that it will take about a week to get the statement from the brokerage' date=' etc.) That puts you in compliance with the request that you request the credit after the cruise is paid in full.[/quote']

Didn't think of that. Thanks for pointing that out.

It does depend on the stateroom you book also

Inside get $15 for 2-6 days and etc to $125 for over 17 days

Nope. That is for purchasing FCC. (For the purists yes, I do realize it's really FCD but I bow to common usage here on CC.)

OBC From FCC

3 - 6 Days $15 Inside, $15 Outside, $25 Balcony, $25 Suite

7 - 10 Days $25 Inside, $25 Outside, $50 Balcony, $50 Suite

11 - 16 Days $75 Inside, $75 Outside, $100 Balcony, $100 Suite

17 + Days $125 Inside, $125 Outside, $150 Balcony, $150 Suite

I'm doing a btb and read somewhere last year when faxing to do each cruise separately. I sent in first cruise at 8:30 this morning and nothing posted yet.

If it doesn't show up in a couple of days just call the number I posted above for checking on your fax. It's the direct extension for checking that info. If they have your fax they will almost certainly apply it instantly when you call.

Tel 800 872 6779 ext. 30317 (For Confirming OBC Fax Has Been Received)

Note: They may ask you what number you sent the fax from so make sure you know that.

Edited by Thrak

I'm doing a btb and read somewhere last year when faxing to do each cruise separately. I sent in first cruise at 8:30 this morning and nothing posted yet.

I just include all the applicable booking numbers in the cover letter and send it once.

I believe you're thinking about the Future Cruise Credit benefit.

The benefit for shareholders is not variable by cabin category; it only varies by length of cruise.

Oh I was getting muddled Thanks

If it doesn't show up in a couple of days just call the number I posted above for checking on your fax. It's the direct extension for checking that info. If they have your fax they will almost certainly apply it instantly when you call.

Tel 800 872 6779 ext. 30317 (For Confirming OBC Fax Has Been Received)

Note: They may ask you what number you sent the fax from so make sure you know that.

Thank you Thrak for that number. Hopefully I never have to use it but just in case I will file it.:)

Last week I posted on here about a problem regarding B2B2B cruises that are upcoming in March on the Diamond out of Auckland. I faxed each sheet and statement individually. When I went to check, I found only the last cruise credit posted. I wondered if it was the only cruise using US dollars and did not really get an answer. I called Princess and found that they had mistakenly thought I had faxed the same cruise three times:). It took less than a minute to get that sorted and all are now in.

BUT, since two of the cruises are in AUD the OBC is greatly reduced in real time comparison to the present exchange rate. For CCl credit on a 7 day cruise, the OBC is $100-ON the cruise in AUD the amount is $110Australian and on the 14 day leg where the US should be $250 the AUD is $275. So the question becomes----Should I stock up on AUD$ while still at home where the exchange rate is close to A$1.40 for a US dollar or do the shipboard prices stay with the A1.10 as a base?

Hi, Quick question, do they email you with confirmation that they have applied the Shareholder credit, if not, where or how can I check that it has been applied.

Thanks in anticipation[emoji3]��

It will show on your booking in the personalizer when you log in if its been applied.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, here's my stupid question - and thanks in advance for bearing with my lack of knowledge about all this.

I have been following the price of CCL stock and it's at a low enough point to make me think I should invest. I have two upcoming cruises, but the next one leaves two weeks from tomorrow.

If I open an account with Scott or whomever and buy stock, does anyone have any idea of how long it would take to get a broker statement, or whatever the official piece of paper is that I have to send to Princess? How hard and firm is their 14 day deadline? Thought I would ask here first, as there are so many knowledgeable people, before contacting Princess or my TA, which of course I will do.

Ok, here's my stupid question - and thanks in advance for bearing with my lack of knowledge about all this.

I have been following the price of CCL stock and it's at a low enough point to make me think I should invest. I have two upcoming cruises, but the next one leaves two weeks from tomorrow.

If I open an account with Scott or whomever and buy stock, does anyone have any idea of how long it would take to get a broker statement, or whatever the official piece of paper is that I have to send to Princess? How hard and firm is their 14 day deadline? Thought I would ask here first, as there are so many knowledgeable people, before contacting Princess or my TA, which of course I will do.

I have booked 48 hours prior (Friday) sailing Sunday and faxed and it was applied that afternoon.

If you are going to do it better get on it!

All you can do is try it.

Edited by Colo Cruiser